Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Construction

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Unreal Construction

    Hey all,

    Unreal Construction is just a little modification I have been working on based on a Tribes 2 mod I used to play back in the day.

    It's basically a sandbox game mode that allows you to build structures in-game either by yourself or with friends in multiplayer. You can even trigger Invasion Mode which creates a swarm of suicidal explosive bots intent on killing you (as seen in the video provided).

    Screenshots
    The following screenies shows a temple created in-game and a few interface shots so you can get the jist of how it works.

    [SHOT]http://postimage.org/image/19t3vzlyc/[/SHOT]
    [SHOT]http://postimage.org/image/19tfgr1es/[/SHOT]
    [SHOT]http://postimage.org/image/19tm2wfdw/[/SHOT]
    [SHOT]http://postimage.org/image/19tr1igv8/[/SHOT]

    Video
    A small video showing a quick stint in invasion mode. The objects physics are crazy I know!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hllHymeWFkU

    Download
    Available here

    I know it doesn't compare with some of the beautiful mods you smash out here but I thought I'd share it with you guys anyway. I hope you enjoy it.

    #2
    Cool Nice work dude, very impressive

    Comment


      #3
      Impressive work!

      Comment


        #4
        That is..

        Awesome!

        Comment


          #5
          What a great game. I have downloaded it, and will try it later.

          Comment


            #6
            That's very clever. It looks like your construction and texture modification UI is pretty extensive!

            Comment


              #7
              Oooh, Fancy! 0.0 Looks very interesting

              Comment


                #8
                Loving the new hud ;o looks way more organised than the old one lol

                Comment


                  #9
                  That's very cool and innovative, the destruction seemed a bit buggy but overall very cool!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Thanks for your kind words guys, it's good to see some support!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I <3 Unreal Construction

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Saw one of your other videos too, this is really awesome. I think it would be very interesting if you'd turn it into a non-sandbox game too.
                        I myself would love to see such a system in a project of mine, I hope I'll make something even half as good.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          amazing ! this is so awesome.
                          i would love to see a 2 team CTF , simultaneuosly fighting off invasion bots game mode. with maybe a 1-2 min peace build time at the start, or a ravine that the teams have to build a bridge across to get to the other teams base.

                          so neat to setup traps and mazes with this . great use of physics and triggers !
                          is there a persistent server up to connect to?

                          thanks so much and keep up the great work ! ^__^

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by CorvaenOboros View Post
                            amazing ! this is so awesome.
                            i would love to see a 2 team CTF , simultaneuosly fighting off invasion bots game mode. with maybe a 1-2 min peace build time at the start, or a ravine that the teams have to build a bridge across to get to the other teams base.

                            so neat to setup traps and mazes with this . great use of physics and triggers !
                            is there a persistent server up to connect to?
                            Firstly thank you for your comment. Regarding the 2 team CTF idea you have, I think that sounds great. It's definitely something I would like to do but would have to look into ways of slowing down the bridge building process. Afterall a player could simply deploy a single beam across the ravine.

                            To my knowledge there are no dedicated servers set up for this, at least not any I have set up myself anyway. Hopefully this will change if people get more interested in it.

                            Originally posted by Dr Bearhands
                            Saw one of your other videos too, this is really awesome. I think it would be very interesting if you'd turn it into a non-sandbox game too.
                            I myself would love to see such a system in a project of mine, I hope I'll make something even half as good.
                            It is something I have considered doing actually. Perhaps make 2 game types to choose from: Sandbox and Invasion. The latter would be similar to what CorvaenOboros suggested with a time limit in which to build up a defense before the invasion begins.

                            Anyway I'm glad you like it. Everyone's comments have been truly inspirational so thank you very much guys!

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Rimski View Post
                              [...] I would like to do but would have to look into ways of slowing down the bridge building process. Afterall a player could simply deploy a single beam across the ravine.
                              [...]
                              How about separating the design part from the real-time game? Player could spend a long time building their bridges in a similar way and then in game it would take a certain time/number of builders to erect a certain building depending on how big it is. You could add other design bonuses such as giving sturdier designs more health (even better use physics to destroy the whole bridge if the support is destroyed) or provide cover etc.

                              Just a thought.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X