Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

[Update]Zombies Beta Demo/Source Released!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jarro
    Um, I believe it's 3,500 to buy a version of 3dsmax that allows you to sell models that you plan to profit or collect revenue from. The 99$ part is relative to UDK's license, not 3dsmax.
    I could be wrong.

Agent, me personally, I wouldn't put in so much work into this, and then and say here everybody have fun for free, and then start on next project. I believe your project is commercial worthy. I think you wanted to sell it for $5 before. I personally think you should keep working towards that goal.
    Much like myself with "Shulu" I think you put this out too early before you got all your ducks in a row.

Instead of just blabbling my mouth, here is an option that you can work towards so no one is discouraged by 3dsmax high priced software.

I suggest investing in Zbrush 4. In Zbrush 4 you can model characters from scratch there, and unwrap and texture there. Same thing for props.
    That would be the first program I would save up for if I was you. It's only $700, for what it does.

Then there is Blender or Cinema 4d. Alternative to 3dsmax. Those are 3dsmax's little nephews. Unfortuantly, but there are just 2 things you need from Blender and Cinema 4d. Well 3.

1 Which has the best way to rig a character the easiest way possible
    2 Which one has the best interface for animating your character
    3 Which one exports Actor x and .ase files

That's it.

Just save up for them if you can, or through donations, and you will be unstoppable.
    It just sucks to start learning all over again, but you will get used to their interfaces
    quickly.

So if you have it in you to go through your game, and look at your models and replace them with props and characters that you did in Zbrush or Blender, then you will be on the right track to being an official seller. Everyone already wants to play your game, and they will be butt heads not to buy it when it's legit. Real butt heads.
    Just make a full game of this and make a demo of one mission of this game for everyone to play.

-

-

Comment

3500 is for the Maya Autodesk License. I will obvoiusly purchase the 99 dollar license so that i may make profit from the Online Documentation. If i get enough donations for that i will definitely buy the 3500 dollar Maya license then sell the REAL full game for 4.99 that was my original plan. Confusing but it works.

Thanks Winwar for the backup everything you said is what i meant. I messed with blender and frankly i hate it. I used it for 5 months and i cannot get into it. I tried Zbrush but I work better with mudbox, I like zbrush though so i will probably purchase that in time.

Licensing and its terms can be confusing and complex. Its not for the light hearted.

Again thanks everyone for the support! As i said before no one has to donate for the documentation. Eventually i will be able to purchase the 3500 dollar license.

It will be much faster if i get help however that's life.

Again i still plan on selling the full game for 4.99!!! Source still included. I mean who sells a demo?

: ]

Comment

Your source code will be invaluable... I've been checking up on the progress on this game every now and then and it looks so cool.

Comment

Hey Agent, Keep up the work. Ive just made a donation from my paypal account Kingbadger. Hope this little bit helps towards the goal.

Comment

Thanks for the contribution KingBadger anything is help.

On a side note it should be another week before i upload the new Demo version!

I finally have purchased and been accepted for the license : D I'm so happy now!

Comment

Very interesting! Still needs work but it is a beta/demo. It's always good to do a pre release so that you know what to work on. I think you did a pretty great job so far. Is it just you or do you have a team?

Comment

Its just me : ].

Comment

I must say it felt like a game and it was quite fun shooting the zombies. I really like the feel of the weapons.

How ever when looking at the code side of it It wasn't as impressive. For example a general rule is not to do a "ForEach" iteration in the Tick Generally you shouldn't do anything in the tick. And for example setting the ground speed every tick just doesn't seem that effective. Just some food for thought.

Overall I'm impressed, keep it up mate.

Comment

Thanks for the tip : ].

I'm not a code master, so I probably did stupid things during the development of this game. My code is MUCH better now, so stuff like sprinting and "foreach" in a tick is something i would never do now.

I really have to re haul the code though, which class did you find that iteration in?

Edit :

I took everyone's suggestions and made a lot of changes!

One of the more major one was removing the whole ingame Hint system which caused too many problems.

Instead what i did was put it in the MainMenu to be viewed when the player wants to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2VikWoQhLs

Wait for HD!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAgent View Post
                      Thanks for the tip : ].

I'm not a code master, so I probably did stupid things during the development of this game. My code is MUCH better now, so stuff like sprinting and "foreach" in a tick is something i would never do now.

I really have to re haul the code though, which class did you find that iteration in?

Edit :

I took everyone's suggestions and made a lot of changes!

One of the more major one was removing the whole ingame Hint system which caused too many problems.

Instead what i did was put it in the MainMenu to be viewed when the player wants to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2VikWoQhLs

Wait for HD!
                      In the TyrantAI class.

And I understand that your not alone in doing a lot of stupid stuff in the beginning, I know at lest one more that did that

Comment

I changed it to use a timer instead : ]

Comment

Download the Beta Demo 1.2 Below!!!

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20678...ll-Zombies.exe

Donations can now be made for the Documentation!!! Please Help me out and Donate! Enjoy the demo!

Donate at http://www.jvultimate.com/ its on the top right!

Details on what has been fixed is on the original post!

Comment

*Faints, dreams of playing game*

Comment

Thanks hehe, im working on the documentation now

Im hoping i get more donations so far only got the same 3 : P

Documentation can be seen here!

http://www.jvultimate.com/documentation/index.html

Comment

The Source of zombie is down

Comment

Working...
                                X