Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

[Update]Zombies Beta Demo/Source Released!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Agent, Just to help you bug test thought id let you know when in editor there is quite a lot of stuff missing, for example the rain material for the cylinder columns is missing, so when out side all i see is loads of cylinders blocking the view with default checker udk materials on.

ASK Zombies.Default__ASK in Begin
    AnimNodeSequence Zombies.Default__ASK:MeshSequenceA in Begin
    ASKAmmoSmall Zombies.Default__ASKAmmoSmall in Begin
    Class Zombies.ASK in Begin
    Class Zombies.ASKAmmoSmall in Begin
    Class Zombies.CrowbarPickUp in Begin
    Class Zombies.M4A1PickUp in Begin
    Class Zombies.MagnumPickUp in Begin
    CrowbarPickUp Zombies.Default__CrowbarPickUp in Begin
    CylinderComponent Zombies.Default__ASKAmmoSmall:CollisionCylinder in Begin
    CylinderComponent Zombies.Default__CrowbarPickUp:CollisionCylinder in Begin
    M4A1PickUp Zombies.Default__M4A1PickUp in Begin
    CylinderComponent Zombies.Default__M4A1PickUp:CollisionCylinder in Begin
    MagnumPickUp Zombies.Default__MagnumPickUp in Begin
    CylinderComponent Zombies.Default__MagnumPickUp:CollisionCylinder in Begin
    DominantSpotLightComponent Zombies.Default__ASKominantSpotLightComponent0 in Begin
    SkeletalMeshComponent Zombies.Default__ASK:PickupMesh in Begin
    StaticMeshComponent Zombies.Default__ASKAmmoSmall:BaseMesh in Begin
    StaticMeshComponent Zombies.Default__M4A1PickUp:BaseMesh in Begin
    UDKSkeletalMeshComponent Zombies.Default__ASK:FirstPersonMesh in Begin
    Outer object for UDKSkeletalMeshComponent Begin.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.ASK_0.UDKSkeletalMe shComponent_0
    Outer object for AnimNodeSequence Begin.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.ASK_0.UDKSkeletalMe shComponent_0.AnimNodeSequence_0
    Outer object for CylinderComponent Begin.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.ASKAmmoSmall_0.Cyli nderComponent_0
    Outer object for CylinderComponent Begin.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.ASKAmmoSmall_1.Cyli nderComponent_0
    Outer object for CylinderComponent Begin.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.CrowbarPickUp_0.Cyl inderComponent_0
    Outer object for CylinderComponent Begin.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.M4A1PickUp_0.Cylind erComponent_0
    Outer object for CylinderComponent Begin.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.MagnumPickUp_0.Cyli nderComponent_0
    Outer object for DominantSpotLightComponent Begin.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.ASK_0.DominantSpotL ightComponent_0
    Outer object for SkeletalMeshComponent Begin.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.ASK_0.SkeletalMeshC omponent_0
    Outer object for StaticMeshComponent Begin.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.ASKAmmoSmall_0.Stat icMeshComponent_1
    Outer object for StaticMeshComponent Begin.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.ASKAmmoSmall_1.Stat icMeshComponent_2
    Outer object for StaticMeshComponent Begin.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.M4A1PickUp_0.Static MeshComponent_4

Comment

Here are the download links

Demo : http://www.gamefront.com/files/20646...ll-Zombies.exe

Source: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20646...ly_Sourced.rar

That's odd, are you sure you read the read me KingBadger? Nothing is left out in the packages

Comment

Yep, read the read me and followed exactly. The list is the things missing with the source install. When i load the start map it pops up with the window saying those things are missing. It's no biggy but thought i should let you know, i reinstalled the source again and same message appears. Really nice work by the way bud, also wanted to ask if you have used level streaming with your game setup, if not that would be a good way to spped things up. I'll be making a donation today towards your hard work.

Comment

Glad you liked it. I'm going to keep revisiting the demo as suggestions come in. Ill see if i can get to the bottom of those errors, no one else seemed to have it.

and Thank you for any contribution! It will definitely help out.

There should be another version 1.2 in about a weeks time.

Comment

Ive been building Modular assets for background buildings recently, Low ress but good for blocking out background stuff. Was going to release to the community if you want me to send you the files to use if you see necessary, also keep meaning to send you some more of my advanced vertex paint materials to play with.

Comment

You should release the modular assets to everyone and i will download if i need it.

I love your vertex paint shaders they are great! If you want you can send em, but really though thanks for them!

Comment

No Probs, Yeah going to release the assets on the forum when i get time to collate everthing together

Comment

I'm currently overhauling my site preparing for the changes! Please take a look!

http://www.jvultimate.com/

Comment

very nice Thanks a lot

Comment

Hi Agent, played the demo. It was nifty, and I had a few comments:

I encountered a small glitch where the "hints" pop-up stopped the game from progressing because when I pushed "Yes" nothing happened. Not sure if you're aware but that was fun.

I re-loaded my progress from the main menu and played with hints off. Eh... The game was really kinda tough to figure out with them off. Even having read here on the forums about "every puzzle being a set of keys in the corner of a room" I had some real difficulties in some places.

Also, a lot of your props don't have collision meshes, and most of the ones that do perform some really weird stuff when you walk into them. Ex. The coffee tables with magazines next to the soda machines in the first room. I simply walked up to those once and then spent a full minute bouncing from the floor to the table's top and back to the floor again like flubber. One other place I know that does that is the piles of rubble/broken concrete in the outside segment before the tunnels.

Now, you said the demo wasn't for low-end machines and I could see that is true because I had a few choppy bits, but does that mean the exclusion of DX9 users? Cause when I finally made it outside and looked over at the back of that room toward the flames, a combination of bloom, blur and my own weapons specular made a "peanut butter smeared on a camera lenses" effect that looked thick enough to choke a dead cat.

So, your main character is pretty nice but he closely resembles the nanosuits of Cryteks Crysis. Does this mean in the full version he'll have some neat powers/abilities that are sorta the same flavor as Crysis?

And one last nitpick, you should set the light that spawns behind you for your nightvision effect to not cast shadows.

Everything else was pretty good. The sound was great, had me on edge more than once, and the models and their respective quality and their textures were just grand for a mere one man team.

Comment

Thanks for the comments and the play through. I keep forgetting to lower the bloom of the weapon, DX11 works if you run it with the Dx11 command But I have it running on DX9. It runs great on my machine but I just said it to be careful in case anyone has trouble running it.

Ill work on the collision problems and I kept trying to turn off shadows but it was pesky and didn't want to NOT cast shadows. Ill keep working on that bit with the Night Vision.

I will also keep trying to debug the Hints they are buggy and ill also work on more obvious clues as to where you have to go.

Thank you again for giving it a go!!! Updates will go a little slower since school is going to begin so soon.

Comment

i got a problem with the game at the start i get show hints. so i couldnt move.

i clicked on no but it keeps showing hints ,

Comment

Originally posted by TheAgent View Post
                            Thanks for the comments and the play through. I keep forgetting to lower the bloom of the weapon, DX11 works if you run it with the Dx11 command But I have it running on DX9. It runs great on my machine but I just said it to be careful in case anyone has trouble running it.

Ill work on the collision problems and I kept trying to turn off shadows but it was pesky and didn't want to NOT cast shadows. Ill keep working on that bit with the Night Vision.

I will also keep trying to debug the Hints they are buggy and ill also work on more obvious clues as to where you have to go.

Thank you again for giving it a go!!! Updates will go a little slower since school is going to begin so soon.
                            Ah, I understand how that goes.

Ok, I thought the sheer magnitude of the bloom effects was something DX11 playing nasty with my DX9 machine.

Another thing I forgot to mention was, in someplaces (mainly the outdoor segment) there were gaps between things or alleyways exposing "the void" around the level... I kept thinking, "Why no fog volumes?" cause they're pretty flexible with a little tweaking and could look nice and still hide some of these things.

And, I dunno if you left this as an easter egg (I took it as that) but in the room with the two destructible doors, when facing them if you turn 180 degrees and face the corner to the right, you can crouch down and break that little semi vent area, and break into a small shaft that still has checker textures on it. Which reminds me...

Another small thing that was happening (for me anyway) is that... It appeared like your socket you made for the true-FPS eyes had no collision and could clip through practically everything. I have no idea how you would fix this, although it could probably be done with a slightly tweaked custom collision mesh for your character.

But, like I said. Great work for just one guy.

(Please make the intro skippable [begs])

Comment

Ill make the intro skippable i was getting annoyed when i was testing it too, im like i should make this skip.... *gets lazy and forgets* hehe.

Its prolly not an easter egg. Just my many mistakes when you do things alone. I know about the head going through the walls and stuff im still figuring that out.

Comment

Yeah, like I mentioned you might look into seeing if there's some way of defining a custom collision mesh for a skeletal mesh like you can for a static mesh. The tricky part would probably be getting it to follow animation, so I dunno.

Comment

Working...
                                X