Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phara0h Patch - Online Patching/Distributing/Installer for any project and for UDK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phara0h Patch - Online Patching/Distributing/Installer for any project and for UDK!

Kickstarter

Hello UDK! I first asked on this forum about if there was any one that knew of a way to have a fronted installer and easy way to patch and update our games on here!
    Sadly the answer was, " I wish there was some thing like that!" Well after lots of hours of work, I made one! I also want to give it to all of you for free!

I need your help though to be able to distribute it to every one!

I got my project accepted on kickstarter! and I need you guys to back me up! Head over to the link below and show your support and give the client a try!
    I hope you like it! And sorry for the ****ty video I suck in front of the came late at night.

Phara0h Patch

Sample Client Download Link

www.jtwhissel.com/Phara0hPatchClient

Free Online Software Distributing Patching and Installing Solution!

Client (Sample Client):

Fast - The speed of the client will only be hindered by the speed of the server.
    Secure - Do to the fact that everything is on there server side, and the server is the one to talk to the data base, it makes it extremely secure since you will not be able to do any sql injections.
    Light - This client is only 26kb, so you can imagine how happy your customers will be when they won't have to wait to download a large file in there browser.
    Smart - It uses MD5 hashing to send to the server, to see if there are any changes that need to be done at a byte level. It only replaces tampered with files or missing ones! Nothing more, nothing less!
    Server:

Universal - The code base was written in java, so if your OS supports JAVA, then you can run the server!
    Fast - It checks the MD5 hashes against a data base that it automatically updates, so it is not cluttered with unnecessary entries.(It only retains entries of files currently in your servers root folder.
    Secure - With the combination of a custom protocol and MD5 checking against a DB, it's virtually a brick wall!
    Dynamic - You can say how big you want your packets to be! No more easily sniffed and cracked packets do to being a static size. This sever allows you to change your packets to be as small as 1kb to unlimited kb,mb,or gb. But you should be reasonable do to the limitations of the MTU rate of a normal router (3000kb).
    Persistent - At start it does a recursive search for any files that need to be updated to the DB. Then after it is started, it will not do it again. This will prevent any hacks or over used processor expensive searching. If you want to change a file or update your software, simply just restart the server.
    Easy - The server is so easy to use, all you have to do it put everything you want the server to keep track of and distribute in one folder, or the name of the folder of your projects install folder, and let the server take care of the rest. You don't have to worry about if the names of the files are "Server Safe" or if you have to many folders. Phara0h Patch any file, folder and with any name will work!
    SDK:

Just in case my sample client did not fit your needs, I will be making tons of sdks, to make your own custom client to talk to the server. With so many SDK's to choose from you can have endless uses for this server.

Some of the languages that will be released, with your guys support will be

UDK
    C++
    Java
    And what ever other support the community (YOU!) are asking for!

Want to try it out?!??!

Click the link below to download the client, and just run it! Keep in mind the speed of my internet is unbearably slow. (60kb upload) so if its slow, its my ISP's fault not Phara0h Patch.

Sample Client Download Link

www.jtwhissel.com/Phara0hPatchClient

Now after it finishes downloading everything, you should see a folder called "Downloaded_Files". Try to edit them (Hack Them) then run the client again and see how it responds to that. Also try deleting any files in the folder or the whole folder its self and see how it responds. Notice how it only updates what it needs to!

Thank you so much for your support and don't hesitate to ask me any questions or shout out any feed back!

-

Jt Whissel

Kickstarter

Hey,

Just pledged to your project - Hope to see the results of Phar0h Patch Very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
      Hey,

Just pledged to your project - Hope to see the results of Phar0h Patch Very soon.
      Thanks a bunch! I really hope I can get enough backers to put it out there! I really think it would help the indie game devs and moders a ton since they can not afford 30000 dollar a year patching software on there own!

Comment

*applause*

Comment

Raising 20k in two weeks will prob be quite hard. But the idea(and the software) is awesome

Comment

Originally posted by ankangronto View Post
            Raising 20k in two weeks will prob be quite hard. But the idea(and the software) is awesome
            Thanks and yea I know, it was kind of s steep hill and it took 15 days for people to even realize it was there. So I might not make my goal, lets hope they will allow me to do it again.

Comment

Sounds a cracking piece of work.

Comment

Working...
              X