UnWheel2 Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    This work is 100% to sell. Very great job! It's Amazing!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by UnWheelModeller View Post
    TheAgent, Do you regularly play racing type games? I don't, so I really have nothing to compare UnWheel2's vehicles with.
    i do play racing games quite a lot, probably tried them all lol.
    the vehicles in uw2 (to me) handle very satisfactory considering the physics involved.
    the demo doesnt really do it justice, all the cars handle differently.
    we/I chose the 2 cars in the demo because they are at opposite ends of the scale.
    Formula grips and accelerates well, as it should, and WildFish slides around pretty much like an old american muscle car should.

Dn2 is right about the collision, it was sorted out but somewhere along the line with the svn it got messed up.
    will definately change that thanks Dn2

anyone tried the multiplayer yet?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    that's why I love it. It is just the demo and look soooo... good.
    Great work!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    TheAgent, Do you regularly play racing type games? I don't, so I really have nothing to compare UnWheel2's vehicles with.

However, check your speed to see if you are really sliding too much, or just going too fast;P I have never like a vehicle that had no middle ground, you were either gripping the road, or crashed. I wanted a little middle ground. But we really do want feed back from users, THAT is the point of the demo.

Steven

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Played it with the regular controls properly and its fun, however, i do still feel that the cars are a bit slippery.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    nice work!

the default controls shouldn't be mouse look tho -_-. took me a while to figure out what was happening then i read the read-me

i see you still have some work to do on tweaking the cars and collision seems a bit dry (car just stop when the hit something). all stuff which you guys are probably working on right now

looking forward to this project and future releases.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome work

Leave a comment:

• replied
    if you press 'L' to go into non-mouse steer mode
    use 'A' and 'D' to steer, up/down arrows for accel/brake

its set up like this for an xbox pad also
    with looksteer the right analog stick does everything, triggers also work for accel/brake
    with looksteer off, the left stick becomes steering

i cant get on with mouse steering myself

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Haha i was using both i think LOL, i usually don't read instructions hehe thanks for letting me know ill try again and get back at you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    TheAgent, were you using mouse steering or the arrow keys? The default is mouse steering because it allows fine adjustments to the path of the vehicle, the arrow keys turn full right or left. The WildFish is probably the hardest vehicle to corner with, the formula is much better.

Thanks for playing the Demo.

Steven

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The cars are really hard to drive and the switching moving camera make it worse. The cars are really slippery or something hehe. Other than that :

The game visually looks great and the music is fun. But i simply had a hard time getting the cars to make a basic turn.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    stevelois, thanks for the advice, as well as posting a promo on your homepage! I did make a quick video, one here; http://vimeo.com/24368966

and here; http://www.indiedb.com/members/unwheel2/videos

Both sites degraded the video, but I also have the original in two parts here;http://www.mediafire.com/file/8tkxpu...%20Movie01.avi

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bp6yhg...%20Movie02.avi

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For what I remember, the first mod for UT2004 was really a great one, a must!

I didn't play it yet, but you should indeed make a HD 720P / 1080p video & put it on YouTube like many designer do recently.

For all the work that as been put into it, it deserve a great video so your project can be see by a wider audience.

Beside, it will permit me to promote your awesome work by adding your vid on my homepage, hence making some publicity, wich never hurt Therefore, I'll post your demo link so it's better than nothing

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You should put everything you've got because it's really great game

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the positive comments!!!

I am looking at the interest the Demo creates to decide how much more work to put into it.

Steven

Leave a comment:

Working...
X