Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minas Tirith - Intro Walkthrough Making

PLAY VIDEO

Minas Tirith Making, Minas Tirith Interior, Minas Tirith Downhill Scorpion, Minas Tirith Downhill Manta, Minas Tirith crash test

Hi this is a test for Level Artist made for gaming studio, which had to be done for 2 weeks from concept to which I added Rizo below.
    In general, the task was not quite so complex requirements of me were to stick to the concept. I had to do a few houses on the street with modules that can be seen from the concept and send some pictures but I decided for the little time I have to add textures, ambience, cloth, camera and music for the mood to make it a strong impression.
    Following this task, I became even a big fan of Lord of the Rings
    Used soft 3d studio Max, UDK - Unreal Development Kit, Photoshop, Sony Vegas. Modeling 8 days & set scene in UDK 7 days It was a hard job.

I really wanted my test for Level Artist to look better but the weather was really little I had no right of errors or to deepen.
    Lightmap finally be calculated for 2 hours and had to get things right the first time without going back.
    I had to go to work then spend time in the test to work until late studied UDK the move was very tiring and difficult. But now after the test is completed and sent to the gaming studio I'd already quietly fix many things.

Forgive me for bad English thanks for your attention

These are pictures made from 3DS MAX rendering with mental ray

These are wireframe pictures made from UDK

My Reference

Chief Art from Rizo

secondary reference

PLAY FROM YOU TUBE

Awesome ! Nice work.

Comment

I really don't like the effects in the video, otherwise looks great.

Comment

It looks **** amazing, excellent work there!

How many tris is the whole scene by the way?

Comment

Re: Minas Tirith

Originally posted by Althar View Post
          Awesome ! Nice work.
          Thanks Althar

Originally posted by Xendance View Post
          I really don't like the effects in the video, otherwise looks great.
          Will have it in mind for next time, Xendance Thanks

Originally posted by Vembumees View Post
          It looks **** amazing, excellent work there!

How many tris is the whole scene by the way?
          Vembumees Thanks! in a scene 845 Actors / Minas Tirith 976,167 Tris / Terrain 5,245,527 Tris but can be optimized much.

Comment

Wow beautiful

Comment

Nice vid! Good that the player can navigate it, and not just look around.

Comment

Pretty dang sweet, man.

Comment

The post processing is way too strong. And I think that there's too much contrast in the stone wall textures. Other than that, it looks fantastic.

Edit: Watching again, you really need to work on the cloud shadows. A ton. And the post process needs a lot of work. Try to make it a lot more subtle.

Edit 2: Maybe change your lighting too. It might just be the post processing that's doing this, but there are times when things are overly bright and washed out, and other times when they're too dark.

Also, you have at least one smoke effect that I don't like at all. Smoke rising into the open air like that doesn't flow in a straight column, and it seems overly thick.

Camera work is great. I've noticed every time I watch it how nicely that came together.

Edit 3: If you're going to use copyrighted music anyway then you could have just used official LOTR music. Also, "Progres" should be "Progress" at the end.

Overall, I hope this helps you out. I don't mean to just point out what needs work, because overall it's looking really nice. Good job on all of it.

Comment

I noticed those things too, but you phrased the critique very well.

Comment

re Minas Tirith

Thanks guys! Glad you like it.

micahpharoh:
                      I really wanted my test for Level Artist to look better but the weather was really little I had no right of errors or to deepen.
                      Lightmap finally be calculated for 2 hours and had to get things right the first time without going back.
                      I had to go to work then spend time in the test to work until late studied UDK the move was very tiring and difficult. But now after the test is completed and sent to the gaming studio I'd already quietly fix many things.
                      Thanks for the constructive criticism will take everything into account.

Sorry for bad English help a lot with my google translate I hope you understand me.

Comment

This is impressive work, especially given your time frame. Good job!

Comment

I just want to say again that it's really good

Comment

re Minas Tirith

Hi guys I added new videos that fail to show in the beginning.

Minas Tirith Making, Minas Tirith Interior, Minas Tirith Downhill Scorpion, Minas Tirith Downhill Manta, Minas Tirith crash test

Comment

Great work, and only 2 weeks for it.
                              That crash test was so fun, you should really make that mountain like a playable level.

Comment

Working...
                              X