Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Jungle Environment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minifloppy View Post
    Well, that's just what I've done. I have four terrain textures: mud, grass, fallen leaves, gravel. I used grass and fallen leaves as a base, mud for trails and mud + gravel near the water.
    Then I guess thats about taste, personally I wouldn't use the fallen leafs to much cause it doesn't contrast the mud.
    One particular place that I feel could use some work on this is is the beginning of the walkthrough(or end at the video).

(This is just minor critique, the rest is stunning =P)

Comment

Originally posted by Freekill View Post
      Then I guess thats about taste, personally I wouldn't use the fallen leafs to much cause it doesn't contrast the mud.
      One particular place that I feel could use some work on this is is the beginning of the walkthrough(or end at the video).

(This is just minor critique, the rest is stunning =P)
      Ah, ok! I see what you mean, but I think people can find their way through quite easily anyway.

There are some places here and there that could have used some more work and the place you mentioned is definitely one of them. But you know, on personal projects you come to the point that you really have to release your work and start something new!

Comment

minifloppy, thank you for the feedback!

Just wondering, how many tris are in view in average?

Comment

It's so beautiful it makes me wanna go travel

Comment

You made CryEngine3 from UDK. Nice!
            What's your PC spec? - Is map lagging?

Comment

Originally posted by Reality4 View Post
              minifloppy, thank you for the feedback!

Just wondering, how many tris are in view in average?
              I already replied, but the reply was lost when the forums were rolled back in the last few days. So here's the reply, again.

I didn't keep track of triangle count while building the project, but you can see how many tringles are in view by yourself by downloading the map and running the 'stat' console command.

Originally posted by 3dFoin View Post
              It's so beautiful it makes me wanna go travel
              Originally posted by MaKiPL View Post
              You made CryEngine3 from UDK. Nice!
              What's your PC spec? - Is map lagging?
              Thanks guys!

My PC is a Core i7 920 @ 3.5Ghz, 6 GB RAM, Raden HD 4890. It runs the map fine (30 fps or more) at 1680x1050.

Comment

it looks fantastic. Great job on this.

Comment

it looks awesome good job

Comment

Really cool, keep up the great work!

Comment

the rocks, rock!

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

This looks amazing! What program did you use to creat the objects in this?

Comment

Originally posted by jos3wa View Post
                            This looks amazing! What program did you use to creat the objects in this?
                            Thanks. Models were made in 3D Studio Max/Mudbox and SpeedTree Editor. Textures were either painted from scratch or photo sourced in Photoshop.

Comment

Does anybody know, how to install this environment? I've been trying for weeks to get it done, but it never works! In the editor, all packages are missing and the UDK Game doesn't work for me at all (UDK Game always crashes). Dunno how to solve this!!!

Thanks in advance for your help, guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis 'Shadowgod' View Post
                                Does anybody know, how to install this environment? I've been trying for weeks to get it done, but it never works! In the editor, all packages are missing and the UDK Game doesn't work for me at all (UDK Game always crashes). Dunno how to solve this!!!

Thanks in advance for your help, guys!
                                In the editor all packages are missing? You can't run this in the editor, you're supposed to 'play' this, like you would install and run a normal game or app

Comment

Working...
                                X