[Beta 0.1] Dialogue System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Has anyone had an issue implementing this system in the Dec 2011 Beta? I have everything loaded, but during the dialogue scene the mouse cursor is stuck in the upper left corner. Besides that, all is well.

I've checked all of my settings and even reinstalled UDK to troubleshoot the problem. To ensure the scripts were compiled without errors, I had to comment out a couple lines.

DIA_HUD - DrawTextReallyCentered(Content);
    DIA_Pawn - MotionBlurScale=0.0

I have a feeling it might be something minor, but I am having a terrible time trying to find a solution.

Any suggestions as to how I should approach this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks man, really nice system.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Amazing...Thanks a lot. Just what i was looking for

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ohhhhh...Forgot...I told about GFxUI , couse my mouse still doesn't work without this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello people xD, I use 2011-05 version of UDK. I have no trouble except next 1. All scripts are worked...all elements in Kismet too. But the problem touched GFxUI. This elements are upset! It elements so necessary, couse GFxUI writes/draws in Flash. Can u Help ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    mmm ive followed the document to set it all up but when i try to run the default map supplied it says it cant find the 'dialogue' package
    i dont know what im doing wrong!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you for this system, I always wanted to make something that can give me choises, dialogues, but I don't know much unreal scipt, yet.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great work S ha d!

Unfortunately i'am not able to make the sript run. I've installed it and i can choose all the nodes in Kismet but after setting it exactly like in the tutorial or like in the example map, nothing happens. Really nothing, not even a error message.

I checked everything, my kismet setup and player properties are exactly the same as in the tutrial. But nothing happens. As i approach the trigger(doesn't matter if touched or used) nothing will be triggered.

I'am using the october version of UDK, are there problems with this build?

Another question: is it necessary to attach a camera actor to the nodes?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There is only one and is not important too much.
    In DIA_HUD try comment Canvas.DrawTextCentered(SpeakerName); line

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Doesn't work with the latest release. Something about errors in the scripts.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    wow..

Very Good System...lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    without downloading and takeing a look myself, you doing this with UIScenes/Cam Matinee? worked on somthing similar myself for a Generic Shop Vendor a few days ago as part of a larger project, nice to see someone has released this to the community

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very cool indeed. I will have to give it a test and report back

Leave a comment:

• replied
    this is a nice little project, i could definitely use something like this.
    will you be doing more with it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Apperciate that man, thank you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X