Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

[Beta 0.1] Dialogue System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Beta 0.1] Dialogue System

Hello everyone,

I worked yesterday and today on a small and simple system of dialogue to get familiar with Kimset nodes and I think this would be stupid not to share it rather than roting on my hard drive. Thank you to belzaran for the precious help!

So a very simple system with the ability to place choices during dialogues. Everything is configurable in Kismet and a little documentation is supplied with!

Video: See the video on Youtube

Download:
    • Beta version 0.1: Here

(updated for July Beta)

Thank you.

Apperciate that man, thank you.

Comment

this is a nice little project, i could definitely use something like this.
      will you be doing more with it?

Comment

Very cool indeed. I will have to give it a test and report back

Comment

without downloading and takeing a look myself, you doing this with UIScenes/Cam Matinee? worked on somthing similar myself for a Generic Shop Vendor a few days ago as part of a larger project, nice to see someone has released this to the community

Comment

wow..

Very Good System...lol

Comment

Doesn't work with the latest release. Something about errors in the scripts.

Comment

There is only one and is not important too much.
                In DIA_HUD try comment Canvas.DrawTextCentered(SpeakerName); line

Comment

Great work S ha d!

Unfortunately i'am not able to make the sript run. I've installed it and i can choose all the nodes in Kismet but after setting it exactly like in the tutorial or like in the example map, nothing happens. Really nothing, not even a error message.

I checked everything, my kismet setup and player properties are exactly the same as in the tutrial. But nothing happens. As i approach the trigger(doesn't matter if touched or used) nothing will be triggered.

I'am using the october version of UDK, are there problems with this build?

Another question: is it necessary to attach a camera actor to the nodes?

Comment

Thank you for this system, I always wanted to make something that can give me choises, dialogues, but I don't know much unreal scipt, yet.

Comment

mmm ive followed the document to set it all up but when i try to run the default map supplied it says it cant find the 'dialogue' package
                      i dont know what im doing wrong!

Comment

Hello people xD, I use 2011-05 version of UDK. I have no trouble except next 1. All scripts are worked...all elements in Kismet too. But the problem touched GFxUI. This elements are upset! It elements so necessary, couse GFxUI writes/draws in Flash. Can u Help ?

Comment

ohhhhh...Forgot...I told about GFxUI , couse my mouse still doesn't work without this.

Comment

Amazing...Thanks a lot. Just what i was looking for

Comment

Thanks man, really nice system.

Comment

Working...
                              X