Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New in the Showcase! SANCTUM by Coffee Stain Studios!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Sanctum is available in today's Summer Sale deal on Steam: 75% off!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, it looks like Sanctum is now a full-blown release, available for sale on Steam at around USD 15.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Update

Hey guys!

Long since we wrote anything here, but just want to give you some info.

Sanctum is under full production and we're in the 2010 Indie of the Year Awards challenge atm. Please help us by dropping a vote at:

http://www.indiedb.com/games/sanctum

Also, if you are interested in the project you can check our Facebook site out for updates and news:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sanctum/148271468549725

Leave a comment:

• replied
    New Sanctum Demo Available

Coffee Stain is happy to announce that we've released a new version of the demo!

Grab the updated version from our homepage:
    http://www.coffeestainstudios.com/pr...php?id=Sanctum

Hopefully the updated version will soon be available at udk.com as well!

If you have any questions about Sanctum or the UDK experience, feel free to empty them here or on our forum.

Kind regards
    Anton

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for all replies here on the udk-forum

From now on, if you have any feedback, ideas, or anything else you want to contact us at Coffee Stain Studios about. Feel free to visit our forum at:

http://coffeestainstudios.com/forum/

It's a little lonely there at the moment, so please check in

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm glad that you like my feedback/suggestions.
    I didn't found more bugs but thats might because I didn't have mutch time to play the last few days.^^

But an idea was born in my mind some time ago and I think you should know about it.

It's an idea for a new map:

This map could named as "Broken Bridge" or something similar.
    The basic idea is that you have more than one place who you could build.
    Because this projects really grap my interest I've started to play around with the UDK editor.
    This is what I made in the first three mins:

[SHOT]http://www.abload.de/img/sanctummapidys.png[/SHOT]

I know its not nice and far far away from being usefull but I think it could explain what I want to tell you

Every Terrain(1,2,3) is an own "Bridge" were you can build towers.
    The player starts as in the demo by the tutorial screen, the weapon store and (important here) the teleporter.
    I don't know how to get it to work but my idea is that this teleporter can teleport you to every of this "Bridges".
    There you build and try to defent them but after the enemis get at the end of one "Bridge" this one is closed for you and you get "teleported-to-safty".

Example:

The enemis get at the end of 1 so you have to rebuild your defence at 2.
    Maybe it would be a good plan to donate the half of the buildprise of all the buildings on 1 to the player so you dont have to start at 0.

Might also cool for Co-op action

Here are some other Map exampels.
    I use the layout from two maps I made for Stargate Empire at War so please excuse the stargate content and just think about the layout^^

1:
    [SHOT]http://www.abload.de/img/mapideasanctumdaz5.jpg[/SHOT]
    2:
    [SHOT]http://www.abload.de/img/mapideasanctum11zx2.jpg[/SHOT]

The red arrows should show the path of the enemis
    Enjoy and have a nice week.

mfg
    Klon116

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Klon116 View Post
    Bugs:
    - After pressing the ALT+TAB combo and reloading the game this grapic error occurs some times:

**lots of pictures**
    Hey Klon116
    The graphic error is a known issue we've found often appears after people alt+rab, as you said, and set a new resolution. We've dubbed the error ”the mountains of doom” and are planning on fixing them in the final release – along with more options.

- Maybe you should add some basic FPS elements like Reload or Melee to make this more intense
    The overheat of the assault rifle is in place of a finite magazine size and a requirement to reload. We are going to tweak the overheat of the assault rifle to make sure it doesn't overheat as fast as it currently does.
    Melee is something we have considered but decided to leave out since the current teleport system isn't very melee-friendly ;P

- Maybe enemies who shooting back
    this is something we have considered but I cannot say, at this time, if they are going to be in or not.

- additionally you could add different armor typs:

0. Every amour should have an own bar chart, after this chart is empty the "teleport to safty" occurs.
    1. A basic armor who give you a basic resistance agains the enemis, no other benefit
    2. An amour who give you a speed benefit but weaks you resitance agains the enemis
    3. An amour who add an aura who buffs the buldings in range of this aura
    4. An amour who increase our weapon demage
    5. An amour who give you a shield against shooting enemis

- also you could add Drones:

1. A Buff drone who buffs buildings in range
    2. A shield drone who protects you agains enemie fire
    3. A Block drone who works like a block tower, just to force the enemie to find an other way (should not as big as a blocktower so you cant block the only way to the enemis goal)
    4. A war drone with can be equiped with different weapons

- A buff building
    We have been talking about powerups apart from better weapons of towers, such as equipment. It's too soon to tell right now if we'll be including such things but if we do we'll make sure to consider your ideas.
    We had some ideas about a drone weapon with different ”attack modes” (such as buffing individual towers or attacking enemies. Nothing is final, tho.
    This is everything for now but I will try to find more bugs and I would be really happy if you like some of my ideas.
    Please forgive me but my english is not the best.

mfg Klon116
    Thank you a lot for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated. I noticed you pointed out a lot of great things, many of those we've discussed before. Great minds think alike, eh?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Some Feedback from Germany

Hi! This is my first post in this forum and my first try with the UDK so please don't hurt me if I do something wrong

First off all:

Amazing game!
    I really really enjoy this game! I spend several days to get "just to the next wave"! So I want to support your project.

Bugs:
    - After pressing the ALT+TAB combo and reloading the game this grapic error occurs some times:

[shot]http://www.abload.de/img/udk2010-07-0220-34-32-lhbs.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://www.abload.de/img/udk2010-07-0220-35-43-bct6.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://www.abload.de/img/udk2010-07-0220-35-45-2fzr.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://www.abload.de/img/udk2010-07-0220-35-49-mhwe.jpg[/shot]

Suggestions:

- Maybe you should add some basic FPS elements like Reload or Melee to make this more intense

- Maybe enemies who shooting back

- additionally you could add different armor typs:

0. Every amour should have an own bar chart, after this chart is empty the "teleport to safty" occurs.
    1. A basic armor who give you a basic resistance agains the enemis, no other benefit
    2. An amour who give you a speed benefit but weaks you resitance agains the enemis
    3. An amour who add an aura who buffs the buldings in range of this aura
    4. An amour who increase our weapon demage
    5. An amour who give you a shield against shooting enemis

- also you could add Drones:

1. A Buff drone who buffs buildings in range
    2. A shield drone who protects you agains enemie fire
    3. A Block drone who works like a block tower, just to force the enemie to find an other way (should not as big as a blocktower so you cant block the only way to the enemis goal)
    4. A war drone with can be equiped with different weapons

- A buff building

This is everything for now but I will try to find more bugs and I would be really happy if you like some of my ideas.
    Please forgive me but my english is not the best.

mfg Klon116

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by rossmohax View Post
    Absolutely amazing game!

I've done couple of experiments, and found that 2 midlevel turrents gives much more damage than 1 highlevel while cost is equal, that leads me to idea that building lowlevel turrents for same ammount of money gives you even better result, which turned to be true! =) Plus lowlevel turrents gives you much longer maze, so you've more time to kill enemies.

second tip: don't build anti-air on first air mission, it's possible to pass it using only sniper rifle, but you must not miss even once =)

third tip: don't build elevators, don't waste your money! before wave build ordinary block and then sell it, then keep yourself on top of maze during waves.

fifth: upgrade assault rifle as much as you can. Grenades + slow field rocks =)
    Nice to hear that you like the game.

Elevators will get an additional use in the final version of Sanctum but what that is, I can't go into details on yet. Lets just say they will get a big value boost. Elevators are still quite valuable at the moment though since you can kite enemies in the maze and take shortcuts while at it, if not doing the "on the top strategy". Most people underestimate them

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Absolutely amazing game!

I've done couple of experiments, and found that 2 midlevel turrents gives much more damage than 1 highlevel while cost is equal, that leads me to idea that building lowlevel turrents for same ammount of money gives you even better result, which turned to be true! =) Plus lowlevel turrents gives you much longer maze, so you've more time to kill enemies.

second tip: don't build anti-air on first air mission, it's possible to pass it using only sniper rifle, but you must not miss even once =)

third tip: don't build elevators, don't waste your money! before wave build ordinary block and then sell it, then keep yourself on top of maze during waves.

fifth: upgrade assault rifle as much as you can. Grenades + slow field rocks =)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Darkreaver1980 View Post
    Is there any info aviable about the price and content?

For me, paying 30$ is fine, if it has multiplayer co-op, more turrets + weapons. Around 4-5 different maps with 10-20 waves each and a survival mode where you need to hold out aslong you can vs ranomly generated waves which get stronger over time.

i would pay 50$ if it has 10+ different maps with different paths to the sanctum, versus multiplayer, co-op multiplayer, team vs team multiplayer, survival mode and about 12-15 upgradeable turrets to build + 6-10 player weapons.
    Quantity =/ Quality.
    The best game is not the game with most maps and weapons.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there any info aviable about the price and content?

For me, paying 30$ is fine, if it has multiplayer co-op, more turrets + weapons. Around 4-5 different maps with 10-20 waves each and a survival mode where you need to hold out aslong you can vs ranomly generated waves which get stronger over time.

i would pay 50$ if it has 10+ different maps with different paths to the sanctum, versus multiplayer, co-op multiplayer, team vs team multiplayer, survival mode and about 12-15 upgradeable turrets to build + 6-10 player weapons.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for your feedback.

Towers with splashdamage is something we will have in the final release, and also different levels, where there might be other ways for the enemies to attack your base than what you can see in the demo.

Regarding C4, some kind of explosive device is also an interesting idea. I can't say whether or not there will be anything like this in the final version but we are considering various solutions to getting splash damage in to the game.

A HUD is something we are working on. The ultra clean interface without any HUD at all has proven to perhaps not be the best solution. Something is going to change here, that I do guarantee.

We think that having higher towers can be problematic to the player, because they block Line of Sight. The idea of having enemies crawl over lower blocks is interesting

Regarding the AA Towers, we have receieved much feedback on the fact that they can only attack air, and it's something that we will need to consider. As today we are not going to change them, but nothing is written in stone.

So far the forum reponses has been of great value to us at Coffee Stain Studios!
    Please feel free to keep questions or ideas comming!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yay

This demo is a gem. Finally something fun to play.

Obviously along with others I think the demo is too hard. The game should have easy, med, hard settings. If you find the demo is too hard and you don't feel too bad about cheating you can go into your game directory c:\udk\sanctum demo\utgame\config and edit the utsanctum.ini. Its pretty self explanatory and by increasing some of the resources I could finally reach some of the later waves.

Add a 'double damage' field to the top of a block...where a player could stand on and receive more damage from his/her guns (mmmmmonster kill)....

I like the game generally. It seems like it has so much potential.

Obviously add a save. Its so easy to get rolled and have to start all over.

Additional levels could have some static blocks or terrain that you can't remove to make things interesting... or force 2 points of entry

Add guns that cause splash damage - be it blocks or player guns. (mortars)

Add a damage bonus to guns that are far away from other guns. This would encourage some sort of separation because everything always leads to a giant 'kill box' setup.

Add a block type like 'slow field' that is a 'mine field' Perhaps when something walks on it, a mine explodes once. Then after that it becomes 'used' for the wave.

Add a 'poison gas' field that does DOT damage.

Add a 'c4' pack that the user sets up before the wave on or within an empty block that the user sets off once during a wave.

With other posters I wish the anti air guns were not 'only' for the air. Perhaps they could also do minimal damage for ground units.

Add a gun that warps one enemy back to where it spawned and give it an absurdly long recharge. Like a weapon of last resort - especially for those big nasties.

add blocks that can go twice as high, and baddies that climb over the smaller blocks.

Put the resources on the hud (its a pain to walk out of your maze sometimes to check what you have left.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Anton Westbergh View Post
    The problem you are having is an issue with your graphic card not supporting the latest shader model. We will make sure that the game support older shadermodels in the final version, so rest assured that it's no error, or fault in your hardware.
    Sweet, thanks for clarifying that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X