Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New in the Showcase! SANCTUM by Coffee Stain Studios!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the lvl1 Air Turret should cost 15 credits because the first air wave is requiring minimum 3 turrets to pass it without any ruckus and panicking. Slow field should add a little more slow, or enemies need to be a little slower. One really annoying feature is teleporting to safety. I'm often losing a wave because of this (in a critical moment i get teleported hence fail to kill ******** that get though the door).

Comment

The guys who test this demo were able to win wave 7?

Comment

I beat it only once and i got 1 life left, next wave is even more horrible (wave 4 on steroids). Its really hard I think you should tweak economy/monsters a bit, or at least make a difficulty system.

Comment

Originally posted by Indorile View Post
          I think the lvl1 Air Turret should cost 15 credits because the first air wave is requiring minimum 3 turrets to pass it without any ruckus and panicking. Slow field should add a little more slow, or enemies need to be a little slower. One really annoying feature is teleporting to safety. I'm often losing a wave because of this (in a critical moment i get teleported hence fail to kill ******** that get though the door).
          The first wave of air is doable without any airturrets but it's kinda hectic then )

We know that the game is a little to hard at the moment and there's lots of things to tweak. It's great to hear your feedback though and I record it all for us to consider when we continue the work on Sanctum.

Thanks,
          Anton

Comment

Originally posted by Zomy View Post
            The guys who test this demo were able to win wave 7?
            Wait til you get to wave 10!

Comment

Originally posted by Anton Westbergh View Post
              Wait til you get to wave 10!
              So you win the wave number 7!
              That means that the game is not bugged!

Comment

Originally posted by Zomy View Post
                So you win the wave number 7!
                That means that the game is not bugged!
                Wow, really? Someone won wave 7?
                ... Not that I would know what wave 7 is, not having gotten past wave 4 myself.

Okay, I have to say something here...
                Either this game is really really hard or I just suck at it. Maybe both. I don't know what it is -- maybe it's that I cant get enough of a maze up, maybe it's that even at the highest upgrade the minigun towers do less damage than your level 1 assault rifle -- maybe it's that your assault rifle overheats too quickly -- maybe it's that you can't change weapons while it's overheating, and if you try to, it immediately switches after its cooled down, and if you've changed your mind about switching, too bad. Maybe it's the really steep difficulty curve. I don't know.

Well, I guess if people have actually made it TO wave 7, then I just suck at it.
                Whatever.

EDIT: I made it past wave 5 now. That tsunami of fast guys annihilated me. Being 'teleported to safety' when trying to pursue them when they survived a HALLWAY of gatling guns ended up costing me my entire progress. I dont know, it's just... the amount of building credits you get per round versus the cost of stuff versus the effectiveness of said stuff leads me to believe you're better off not building a maze at all and just upgrading your weapons. And even then you're screwed. I'm not saying I hate the game. I'm not saying it's a bad game. I really like it in fact. Can't hardly stop trying to play it. I'm just saying its really, really hard.

Also, the whole 10 monsters leeway you get for the entire game with all monsters being counted pretty much equally doesn't help. I know 100 made it way too lenient, but 10?

Comment

Originally posted by Xcase View Post
                  Wow, really? Someone won wave 7?
                  ... Not that I would know what wave 7 is, not having gotten past wave 4 myself.

Okay, I have to say something here...
                  Either this game is really really hard or I just suck at it. Maybe both. I don't know what it is -- maybe it's that I cant get enough of a maze up, maybe it's that even at the highest upgrade the minigun towers do less damage than your level 1 assault rifle -- maybe it's that your assault rifle overheats too quickly -- maybe it's that you can't change weapons while it's overheating, and if you try to, it immediately switches after its cooled down, and if you've changed your mind about switching, too bad. Maybe it's the really steep difficulty curve. I don't know.

Well, I guess if people have actually made it TO wave 7, then I just suck at it.
                  Whatever.

EDIT: I made it past wave 5 now. That tsunami of fast guys annihilated me. Being 'teleported to safety' when trying to pursue them when they survived a HALLWAY of gatling guns ended up costing me my entire progress. I dont know, it's just... the amount of building credits you get per round versus the cost of stuff versus the effectiveness of said stuff leads me to believe you're better off not building a maze at all and just upgrading your weapons. And even then you're screwed. I'm not saying I hate the game. I'm not saying it's a bad game. I really like it in fact. Can't hardly stop trying to play it. I'm just saying its really, really hard.

Also, the whole 10 monsters leeway you get for the entire game with all monsters being counted pretty much equally doesn't help. I know 100 made it way too lenient, but 10?
                  Thanks for your reply. You take up a lot of very valid points about stuff that doesn't work perfectly at the moment, and we are valuing your feedback highly.

Regarding the 10 monsters leeway, that IS a problem. We will do something about how penalty for not killing monsters is applied for the final version.

One of the biggest problems at the moment, from my personal experience of playing the game is that there's no way to save the progress, and that is something I can guarantee will be in the final version. We do realize that it's way to punishing to be forced to restart from the beginning each time when you fail to fend of a wave.

It's nice to hear that still like the game

Comment

Got to wave 10 then lost because of the stupid teleport in a crucial moment

So i got past the 7th wave and got warned about very fast fliers. It didn't said that they're all drunken and coming from all sides...

[SHOT]http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/5347/pasttheseven.jpg[/SHOT]

Maze overview after 7th wave (before building for 8th):

[SHOT]http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6635/mazeoverview.jpg[/SHOT]

Got past the eight with all lives:

[SHOT]http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/820/pasttheeight.jpg[/SHOT]

Maze overview before 9th wave rape:

[SHOT]http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/4489/overviewbeforerape.jpg[/SHOT]

Incoming death from wave 9:

[SHOT]http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/4769/deathm.jpg[/SHOT]

Surprise, surprise i got past with all 10 lives:

[SHOT]http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8972/ididntgotraped.jpg[/SHOT]

And then i got to wave 10 consisting of grunts and dudes with forward defence, was killing them pretty easy and then a teleport of death occured One lousy teleport can ruin a hard played game. Make save system please!

Comment

Got to wave 10 then lost because of the stupid teleport in a crucial moment

So i got past the 7th wave and got warned about very fast fliers. It didn't said that they're all drunken and coming from all sides...

[SHOT]http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/5347/pasttheseven.jpg[/SHOT]

Maze overview after 7th wave (before building for 8th):

[SHOT]http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6635/mazeoverview.jpg[/SHOT]

Got past the eight with all lives:

[SHOT]http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/820/pasttheeight.jpg[/SHOT]

Maze overview before 9th wave rape:

[SHOT]http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/4489/overviewbeforerape.jpg[/SHOT]

Incoming death from wave 9:

[SHOT]http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/4769/deathm.jpg[/SHOT]

Surprise, surprise i got past with all 10 lives:

[SHOT]http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8972/ididntgotraped.jpg[/SHOT]

And then i got to wave 10 consisting of grunts and dudes with forward defence, was killing them pretty easy and then a teleport of death occured One lousy teleport can ruin a hard played game. Make save system please!
                      Thanks for your feedback. The teleport-system is obviously not working out as it was intended, and it's something we're looking at.

A note to everyone. If you have suggestions or ideas to what to put into the game or remove, don't hesitate to empty your minds in this thread!

Over out!

Comment

The game has so much potential, just a few things holding it back from being awesome imo.

1. You seem to suggest the player make a maze. When I first heard this, I wanted to create an awesome rat trap. Then I realize I was too poor to make one, so I settled for something linear in the hopes that I'd earn more. But, when I earn more, I have to add new towers and weapons. Heck, I don't even really get the chance to upgrade. It seems you're trying to force the player to prioritize how they spend money, which is fine. I just think the best element of the game, the maze making, is held back right now. It's being suffocated by having no money to spend.
                        Just a suggestion, I think it would be great if you earned two separate types of income. One for building block towers and another ones for towers weapons and personal weapons. The block tower income should be a set amount after each wave, but the weapon income should be awarded based on your personal skill shots and/or how many enemies the maze takes out.

2. An actual help screen. I can see the weapon descriptions clearly, but they move too often.

3. Better color coded towers. Sometimes, I need to actually study the screen after pressing tab to realize what I've done.

4. Making it so the enemies don't automatically know how to escape the maze, which makes building tricky mazes even more fun.

5. A back story (if there isn't one.) You don't need it, seems to really want one. From what I've been able to gather, you're on some planet gathering energy by killing the locals.

Again, awesome game. If it's fixed, then I will definitely get the final version and recommend it to my fellow geeks.

Comment

I really like the look of this game, especially the lighting.

Are there any tips you can share about how you did it?

Comment

I beat it only once and i got 1 life left, next wave is even more horrible (wave 4 on steroids). Its really hard I think you should tweak economy/monsters a bit, or at least make a difficulty system.
                            The difficulty problem is... well, a problem and we are looking into ways to fix this. This might be a difficulty system or just making it easier overall.

Originally posted by Xcase View Post
                            Lots and lots of useful feedback.
                            You bring up a lot of valid points, as has been said and I promise you we will be looking into most of the above mentioned issues. A few of the issues already have planned solutions.

Originally posted by tyrone70 View Post

5. A back story (if there isn't one.) You don't need it, seems to really want one. From what I've been able to gather, you're on some planet gathering energy by killing the locals.

About the story, we actually had put a lot of effort on the story in an early alpha version, but we noticed that almost no-one cared about it. Since the game is so focused on gameplay we decided to not focus on the story at all after that. There are still remnants of the story there, and we might put more implicit story information in there as we develop the full version.

We've also noticed the problem with players not mazing because they feel vulnerable if they dont build a lot of turrets. We'll be looking into ways to solve this.

I'd also like to repeat what Anton has said before and say that we really appreciate your feedback. Your feedback will greatly affect the continued development of this game so keep it coming

Comment

I've played the demo for a few hours and I really like this concept! Here are some aspects I would like changed, though:

-In general, the demo is too hard, probably because of too little building materials.
                              -Clearer indication of when assault rifle is about to overheat, maybe a heat gauge? Not always easy to hear the sound
                              -Must be able to change to sniper immediately when AR is overheating
                              -Instead of 2-3 sniper shots on upgrades, add penetrating bullets instead? -Alternatively, add a 2-3 shot clip on the upgrades before reload.
                              -Player should be unaffected by slow fields, or at least not as affected
                              -Monsters will keep on walking through slow fields placed along the midline of the gauntlet even if there are no walls forcing them to do so. A bug?
                              -Gun turrets are much too weak
                              -Tesla towers should have some degree of AOE damage
                              -Add more monster/tower types (you will probably do this anyway)!
                              -A melee weapon for backup?

So, when is the expected release date? I might make another post with more comments later.

Comment

Originally posted by FreakHavoc View Post
                                I've played the demo for a few hours and I really like this concept! Here are some aspects I would like changed, though:

-In general, the demo is too hard, probably because of too little building materials.
                                -Clearer indication of when assault rifle is about to overheat, maybe a heat gauge? Not always easy to hear the sound
                                -Must be able to change to sniper immediately when AR is overheating
                                -Instead of 2-3 sniper shots on upgrades, add penetrating bullets instead? -Alternatively, add a 2-3 shot clip on the upgrades before reload.
                                -Player should be unaffected by slow fields, or at least not as affected
                                -Monsters will keep on walking through slow fields placed along the midline of the gauntlet even if there are no walls forcing them to do so. A bug?
                                -Gun turrets are much too weak
                                -Tesla towers should have some degree of AOE damage
                                -Add more monster/tower types (you will probably do this anyway)!
                                -A melee weapon for backup?

So, when is the expected release date? I might make another post with more comments later.
                                Thanks for the feedback.

The demo is too hard, we admit. This was due to very little time to actually playtest before we released it.

The feedback on the overheat could be better, good ideas. We will overlook the possibilities of some additional alert. Regarding the towers we do have some nice plans for how to upgrade the teslas from the way they work today, and we also have additional towers that will among other things provide splash damage.

Regarding slowfields. The monsters will always run the closest way and ignore whether there's slowfields there or not, and this is working as intended.

Additional weapons for Skye is also being considered, but I won't spoil any details yet. Something interesting is being considered though.

More monsters is also on the schedule, don't worry! )

Nice to see such detailed feedback, it really help us in our work delivering a solid game! We currently look to be able to release Sanctum late 2010, but that's just an estimate.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X