Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New in the Showcase! SANCTUM by Coffee Stain Studios!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New in the Showcase! SANCTUM by Coffee Stain Studios!

Sanctum will challenge you to come up with innovative strategies to survive wave after wave of diverse enemies with varying tactical abilities. Activate and reinforce towers, and leverage the environment to increase your strategic advantage over rivals.

[SHOT]http://udk.com/elements/img/galleries/showcase-sanctum-2.jpg[/SHOT]

Sanctum was created by Coffee Stain Studios and you can read the latest developments on their website at http://www.coffeestainstudios.com/

You can see the Sanctum page and download the latest build here and see all of our other UDK Showcase games at http://udk.com/showcase

You can also follow the latest UDK and UDK Showcase updates on Facebook.

Looks very awesome, love the level design! I will be sure to check this out after work =D

Comment

I see no explanation on how the "Tower" part of the game works, and you have to point the weapons way up in the sky to get them to fire forward. Also lighting on the first person weapons doesn't work. Using "tab" for the "Overview" shows an odd looking screen that doesn't seem to have any indication what it's for, and sometimes disables all your controls except for firing.

Comment

Blade: I think you have a bad download. Everything works perfectly fine for me, and I have come across none of the problems you mentioned except for the lack of explanation that you have to build your own maze.

Comment

so... how do you do that?

Comment

There are nice Info panels at the starting point but the problem is that you cant approach them so you need glasses to read them :-/

Comment

I couldn't make out that there was anything legible on the displays .. am i the only person without a 1920+ resolution display?

Comment

Nope. 1280x1024 here.... One of the screens you can hit E on the keyboard to cycle through a tutorial and stuff... I don't know. Is the texture detail screwed up? I'll experiment with different resolutions....

EDIT: Just tested it, I could read the leftmost screen (the one with the tutorial) at every resolution above 800x600. I suppose if all else fails you can use your sniper scope.

Honestly though, the one thing I would like to see on this is a save function. Because finding enough time to attempt a perfect runthrough is difficult, and having to restart from the very beginning every time you lose/ have to stop is kind of annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Xcase View Post
                  Nope. 1280x1024 here.... One of the screens you can hit E on the keyboard to cycle through a tutorial and stuff... I don't know. Is the texture detail screwed up? I'll experiment with different resolutions....

EDIT: Just tested it, I could read the leftmost screen (the one with the tutorial) at every resolution above 800x600. I suppose if all else fails you can use your sniper scope.

Honestly though, the one thing I would like to see on this is a save function. Because finding enough time to attempt a perfect runthrough is difficult, and having to restart from the very beginning every time you lose/ have to stop is kind of annoying.
                  Totally agree!!!

Comment

Well, admittedly, I just glanced at it from probably a distance, didn't realise it was useful information. I'll have to take a look at it again.

Comment

Hello everyone!

My name is Anton Wesbergh and I am the project manager at Coffee Stain Studios. This version of Sanctum is an early demo-version and we intend to change a lot before the release of the full version.

Please feel free to play the game and post any comments in this thread. Is there anything you like, dislike or anything you would like to see change or be added/removed. Any information from you is useful for us at Coffee Stain and help us make a better game!

Regarding the ingame screens, we are aware they are not very usable at the moment and we are going to address that issue.

Me and my colleagues will be as active as possible in this thread and try answer all your questions as well as possible.

Have fun with the game!

Comment

To further explain the monitors, the idea was to try to try avoid hud and ui as much as possible to bring a more "live" experience for the user, so we tried to put game-information on the monitors in the game instead of using regular hud popups etc.

The screens are not very readable on low resolutions at the moment though, which is a major issue, and we do realize that they are a little bit annoying to use overall, so we are actually planning a new tutorialsystem that will be in the final version of the game.

Comment

Is there any way to win the wave number seven?
                          PS: Awesome game!

Comment

Originally posted by Zomy View Post
                            Is there any way to win the wave number seven?
                            PS: Awesome game!
                            At least our leveldesigner believe so

Comment

After 2 hours, i am not able to win . I must sucks lol.
                              Somebody win the wave 7 ?

Comment

Working...
                              X