Interactive and Dynamic Vegetation for the UDK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive and Dynamic Vegetation for the UDK

This is a project I did as part of my final year at university. This is a project I did as part of my final year at university. It features an animated giant carnivorous plant, sunflowers that use vertex shaders to simulate physics (but without the physics overhead!) and an oak tree which cycles through the seasons.

Linky!

Pretty Sweet stuff . Loved the oak tree.

Comment

Dude, it's cool! More than that:
      Nice stuff + Nice Music = Pretty movie!
      Yeah, an oak tree is my favourite too

Comment

Looks really good mate, in fact the oak tree and the sunflowers are off the scale, any chance of some tutorials on how you did it? Would really like to know.

Thanks,
        Jiff

Comment

Very cool! That oak tree season system could be very useful

Btw, what's the name of the song in the video?

Comment

good job, what is the tech of the seasonal tree :O?

Comment

Great work. The seasonal tree is incredibly inspiring! Thanks for sharing that!

Comment

....*clunk*... That's my jaw dropping and hitting the floor. The best of its kind, I must say.

Comment

That's some cool stuff. The sunflowers seem to work just like the foliage actors do in unreal, which I haven't tried yet. But the fact that you figured out how to make the materials is inspiring me to get off my butt and try it out. And that tree cycle was pretty cool. Did you do that with matinee or wasn't it something way off?

Comment

Oh you so have to share how you did that! That oak tree was.. wow!

Comment

Working...
                    X