UDK Architectural

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK Architectural

Not a game but finished our architectural demo of UDK and we are starting to offer the service.

You can see the preview on our web site at:
    http://www.tripod3d.com/vie.html

Also available in HD on YouTube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L64atyoqTMo

Feature demonstration
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqABimWkDVs

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Very Very impressive....
    Actually its Insane love the lighting..

Comment

That's very kind of you DELTATHUND3R and appreciate the comment on the YouTube as well.

Comment

Wow, that looks great. Congrats.

Comment

Great stuff! thanks for sharing.

Comment

That is a perfect use of the UDK system, Congrats on your Accomplishment! Is business going well or are you not yet open and operational?

Comment

Wow, dunno how I missed this, it's brilliant. Good work guys.

Comment

Can you tell me what type of license you have tu sell this service? the 2500$ or 99$ +25% ?

Comment

Looks pretty slick! The textures look great and lighting I am drooling for!

Comment

Thank you gentlemen... and ladies if there are any I've been tied up in a project (not UDK related) and couldn't check the forum for awhile.

@Vjmorrison: Yes we are currently offering the service but hasn't been that long and just started doing some marketing so we haven't landed any projects yet. But the response so far are very positive with a lot of interest from developers and architects.

@xGallox: My understanding is that if we do work on a commercial project, it would fall into $99 +25% licensing.

We are working on developing more interactive content but had to take a couple steps backwards in order to incorporate the new Scaleform Gfx.

Comment

I want to shoot people in it.

Comment

Just cuz they're not moving and you can actually hit 'em :P

Comment

Very nice work, a very nice interface for loading the relevant demo also!

The day and night system was something I had wanted to do, but simply ran out of time, and I must say I was impressed.

I researched this concept for my University project, and I'm interested in your workflow here. For my dissertation, I used an asset from an existing 3DS Max still render and exported it into UDK.

If you don't mind me asking, what workflow did you use? Are all your buildings static meshes? Or did you combine static meshes with simple primitives?

Comment

Thank you. We use Maya as main exporter into UDK only because we've been using Maya for over 10 years and most of our models are in Maya format. I don't see any issue using 3DS Max however. 99% of the models are static meshes. We model or import models into Maya, clean up, layout UV, texture, then export into UDK.

Comment

A very reliable pipeline, without giving away too much of your secrets - I'm interested in how you split up the static meshes.

For example, you could have a house as one static mesh with up to 9 textures assigned in a multi-material map. If you had high street with several buildings, you could group them up using this technique. Or do you go as far as to import every door, window etc separately? I noticed that FBX file importing tends to split up the mesh if its not all attached into one mesh.

Comment

Working...
                              X