Elements of War Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elements of War Release

Thought we would start an Official Release thread for our newly Commercially released game "Elements of War" A tower defense/RPG featuring Full custom mazing, over 18 different Towers (6 Primary elements, 12 Hybrid) as well as 9 different enemy types and a full 9 level narrative storyline!

Here are a couple of our trailers so far:
    Trailer 1 - Anouncement

Trailer 2 - Gameplay

As well as some screenshots!

EDIT: Fixed the screenshots so they are the correct size, also you can check out our website at www.orangecurtaingames.com

Shot 1
    Shot 2
    Shot 3
    Shot 4
    Shot 5
    Shot 6
    Shot 7
    Shot 8

UPDATE:
    We have been getting a pretty good reception so far and wanted to let everyone know that this is not just some one shot thing ^_^ We have been listening to suggesions, bug reports and comments to find ways of making this game better!

SO we have compiled a new version of Elements of War v1.10, Out Now! at http://orangecurtaingames.com/games/tower-defense/

Release notes:
    • Removed UT sounds from the UI Scenes
    • Added upgraded UI interfaces and artwork
    • Updated the Spawning system
    • Animations on NPC's now play normally
    • Cinematics upon activation of Elemental Ruins now activate as designed
    • Blimps no longer fly sideways
    • Sappers now EXPLODE when killed
    • Small Infantry have reduced HP but more numbers
    • Magekillers no longer have Invulnerability glitch
    • Battle Elephants now Spawn Correctly
    • Medics now Play correct sound effect and Particle effect upon target Soldier
    • Enemies no longer get stuck behind the walls in "Smoke in the Air"

And this is just the beginning! If you have an idea on how to make the game better, or find a bug that needs fixing, TELL US! We are not bound to our "Vision" of the game, it's all about FUN and enjoying shooting small soldiers into the ionosphere with a well placed Earth/Dark punch!

Tell us what you want to see and we'll do our best to make it happen!

Thanks!

Looks good so far, it doesn't look finished yet though. Simple things such as using Epic's menu sounds just detract from the quality of the game.

Comment

is it me or are the screenshots rather small?? (90x90?)
      please upload larger ones for people without access to youtube.
      Looks good though...looking forward to playing this in the near future.

Comment

The gameplay looks awesome! can't wait to play it .

Comment

One question: You do know the name Elements of War is taken, right? http://www.playnatic.com/en/projects/EOW/

Comment

are you kidding me with the screenshots?

Comment

Heh, Forgot to remove the "s" from the Imgur address from when I was testing them as thumbnails. Alternatively you can check them all out from our website www.orangecurtaingames.com ^_^

And thanks to the forum and some great feedback, we should have a new version out tonight.

ALSO:
              Elements of War has been used about 3 times in the past for Books and Games, This one is pretty darn different from the MMO so it's not a confusing product, much like if you do a search on IMDB for movie titles and you can find more than 1 with the same name that are not re-makes.

Comment

And about the UI Sounds: Yet another reason why I wish we could use scaleform GFX, Flash into Unreal, How awesome that would have make it!

Comment

I don't want to be bad...

But....

Wouldn't it be "An Empire Under Siege", not ..seige..?

http://orangecurtaingames.com/games/tower-defense/

Comment

DOH!!!!!!!!!

Give me till the weekend, I'll fix it ^_^

Thanks!

Comment

Certainly looks interesting. Will give it a go this weekend. Price is reasonable, and I'm just too much fond of Tower Defenses to let this slip away

Comment

I hope you bought a license from Unreal.

Comment

does that make the first For-Sale game made from UDK?

Comment

As far as I know it is ^_^ and yes we bought our UDK licence and can sell it according to the licencing page details. Pretty sweet deal, Especially if you can reliably get a game out in 2 months like we did.

I think with UDK someone can get a group together, make a game in 1-2 months, do a postmortem on Gamasutra and a press-release (both free) and you are almost guaranteed to get a publishing deal like we are negotiating now. Planetstorm and The Ball may get the Epic Press, but the rest of the world is more than willing to publish a game that didn't take multiple years to make and of thousands of dollars.

Rather than making a tech demo or a simple mod, Give it your all and shoot for the moon! If you need help, just message me. I also teach Level Design and Production at Chapman University so I am more than willing to help you guys go the distance!

-Vinnie

Comment

How much money have you made so far?

Comment

Working...
                              X