Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asian Street (UDK)

Hi Everyone,

I completed this Asian Street in about 3 months in 3DS Max and imported into UDK for renders. I made sure that there are no geo seems or cracks anywhere, and it's ready to be playable if it were to have any gameplay elements added. I have created this project for the environment itself. I took some references images online and worked from those. Everything in the environment is my own: models, textures, shaders, and lighting. Here are the screenshots of the final render:

You can see all the progress here.

Thanks for looking, I welcome any criticism.

Jonathan Armstrong

P.S. Thanks, Epic, for updating UDK and having wonderful tools!

P.S. #2: this is a copy of the original post I have in modeling in skinning. I'm posting here because of a request that I got. Enjoy!

Reminds me alot of Tokyo Alley. Really nice work!

Comment

Like I said in the other sub-forum, really good work. It really helps around here if you know how to make assets in 3D, and you've shown you can with confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by SageHunter View Post
        Reminds me alot of Tokyo Alley. Really nice work!
        Woah, that Tokyo alley looks really cool. Thanks for comparing my work to that great piece. Games will have graphics like that soon enough.

Comment

Only major difference would be the render time. Just add alot more assets and some more detail in the background buildings and it'll be perfect.

Comment

download link if any please?

Comment

Nice work.

I don't think he intends to give his work away for free...

Comment

Originally posted by Gmax5 View Post
                Unfortunately, no download link. It's not actually a playable level and there's some unfinished stuff where the camera isn't looking. Thanks for the interest, though.

Comment

Looks nice and great detail! Found a thing that looked out of place though.
                  On the first picture in the upper left corner there is a white balcony that looks very new and fresh and not as the railing or the building which looks old and crappy.

Comment

Tokyo Alley is insane ! Good job on this mate, really like it !

Shenmue UDK time :P

Comment

I would love to see this in some bigger context than just portfolio. I mean whatever game it'd be, this would be an enjoyable level.

Comment

Thanks for the comments!

Originally posted by mkandersson View Post
                        On the first picture in the upper left corner there is a white balcony that looks very new and fresh and not as the railing or the building which looks old and crappy.
                        @mkanderson
                        You are speaking of the balcony in front of the top left window, right? It does look sort of new now that you mention it...I could easily change this by adding rust by vertex painting that rail, since all the metal rails have the same vertex-paintability. I left some areas sort of cleaner because every building wasn't at the same level of aging in the reference. Glad to see your noticing the small things!

Originally posted by SageHunter View Post
                        I would love to see this in some bigger context than just portfolio. I mean whatever game it'd be, this would be an enjoyable level.
                        @SageHunter
                        Awesome comment, just awesome!! Yes, I too would like to have this in some mod or actual playable game. I have not actually gone into making gameplay for it, but if someone had a zombie mod or the like (lol), I would gladly do some level scripting and enhanced art for it.

Comment

JonathanA
                          We'll keep in touch. Depends on how my current prototype is developing.

Comment

Top Draw level design and art style.
                            I would love this quality of level design in my mod.

well done.

Comment

I could see this as a sort of fixed-camera adventure, puzzle game: especially at the angles you chose to capture screens. If a couple of characters were dropped in with a HUD, and it were advertised as a new JRPG on IGN, I would be ready to place a pre-order.

Comment

Working...
                              X