• Show
Clear All

No worries, glad you got it sorted

Comment

Thats fantastic, so many uses

Comment

Thank you

Comment

i have one question Piranhi, i'm remaking lode runner and i will use this effect to broke my bricks appart.
          in my game at the same time the hero could broke 10 or 15 bricks at the same time, if i want to use this effect in the 15 bricks and i want that each brick has it's own time effect (i mean that each brick time effect must be independent of each other) i will need 15 Material Instance Actor with 15 matinee actions ?

Comment

Yeah that's really the only way to do it, unless you're using code. If you know the player is only going to be able to dissolve one wall at a time then you can just use one MIC, and once the dissolve has finished remove that wall from the game and rewind the Matinee. That's how I did it with my game and I haven't really used it since then.

Comment

ok i understand, i can't remove the bricks because after 5 seconds the brick will remake and will be placed in the same place. Thank you for your help Piranhi

Comment

Excellent tutorial, Piranhi. I wish more people had your flair for clarity and insight into the necessary ingredients for learning. Your explanations provide not only what is needed to accomplish the intended effect, but also touch upon how the functions might otherwise be used. This is a welcome and refreshing change from much of the content currently available for the UDK.

I applaud and appreciate your efforts. Your contributions are a real asset to the community, keep up the great work!

Comment

I'm having problems with this working when I play my game from outside the editor. It works perfectly inside the editor but even when I fully build my game the material swaps like normal but the animation doesn't play. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by MythicMonkey View Post
                    Excellent tutorial, Piranhi. I wish more people had your flair for clarity and insight into the necessary ingredients for learning. Your explanations provide not only what is needed to accomplish the intended effect, but also touch upon how the functions might otherwise be used. This is a welcome and refreshing change from much of the content currently available for the UDK.

I applaud and appreciate your efforts. Your contributions are a real asset to the community, keep up the great work!
                    Thanks for the kind words

@A Rabbit: Hmm, I'm not sure. It works fine in GoW when I published it, but to be honest, I never tried it outside the editor in UDK. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.
                    I'm guessing you've tried setting the Matinee to rewind on play? I'll have a look over the weekend if you haven't found a solution by then.

Comment

Working...
                    X