Good program for capturing game videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Ok, I thought so, and the last question is how to make such a quality like in 3d buzz movies with small files ?
    (I made some movies and compressed them but not so much as 3d buzz was)
    Thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you're looking to make tutorials it's probably better to use Camtasia

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks kaleden.
    So what program is the best to make tutorials ??

(it isn't that I'm lazy but I'm sure that a lot of people from this forum has a lot of expierence in making tutorials)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Fraps records DirectX and OpenGL rendered video. Under Windows 7 and Vista, this means it can capture any video you see on your screen. In Windows XP and under, you'll only be able to record video games and such.

So if you're using Windows 7 or Vista, I say yes, Fraps would be useful for recording video and audio for tutorials. However, it's not designed for tutorials so it wont do special things like highlight mouse clicks or show keyboard commands unless you use it with another program that will display those things.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    is fraps good to make tutorials?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I recall an option to let UDK capture footage itself.
    Anyone any pointers?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As Lynx pointed out, FRAPS provides high quality recordings on the cheap. Also, because Windows 7 uses direct x for everything, it can finally record the desktop and other applications (like photoshop).

I don't agree with Lynx regarding needing a super fast drive in a striped array. Simply record FRAPS to a separate physical drive. For example, if you have 2 harddrives in your case and your OS/Game/virtual memory are all using the C drive, don't try to write a massive video to it, too. Instead, record to your second harddrive which sits idle, awaiting your massive video dump.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    fraps uses minimum compression, providing you with with a very high quailty video. The result video may be laggy because you are running a game and recording a very large file at the same time. The only solution here is a fast target drive: 10k RPM SATA drive, stripe RAID array, high speed flash drive/memory card, SSD drive.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I use Fraps to record UDK Matinee Sequences - Here is an example of what i made and recorded (30 fps) with UDK & Fraps.

http://youtu.be/cUf-_7wa6ME

Leave a comment:

• replied
    none ever competes with wegame. Its free,HD and not as laggy as fraps.

www.wegame.com

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jade-Phoenix View Post
    WHY WHY WHY! ?_? Why not just get an X-fire account and use Xfire's in game recording function? NO watermarked imprint on your video the quality is pretty good as well. Why waste cash on that rather than investing it in hardware upgrades to improve your rig for development eh?
    I'm not sure what you're talking about. Is this in response to my post? If it is, then you don't seem to know much. Virtualdub is free, leaves no watermark, has good quality, and records games at a good framerate.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    -=Le Sigh=-

WHY WHY WHY! ?_? Why not just get an X-fire account and use Xfire's in game recording function? NO watermarked imprint on your video the quality is pretty good as well. Why waste cash on that rather than investing it in hardware upgrades to improve your rig for development eh?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, Virtual Dub can be used to record game videos, and it's supposedly less laggy than FRAPS. You do need to do some setup in order for it to work, but it's pretty easy once you do. I've used it, and it's pretty convenient.

Here's a link that shows you how to set it up.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I use fraps, mainly because its just plain good and simple. Then Vitual Dub (free) to compress files and Sony Vegas is great for editing them and adding in effects.

Hope it helps!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Honestly, CameCam is far better than anything else, as i believe it is the recorder that uses a high-quality DivX-based codec for compression. Also allows custom watermarks by buying it for the not-so-steep price of $39.95.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X