Good program for capturing game videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good program for capturing game videos

What would be the best software to capture video for udk in game?

I use fraps to capture video and then Adobe Media Encoder to compress the video. So far y videos have come out nicely.

Comment

Yeh, I've looked at alot of video recorders, and Fraps is definitely the least laggy...

Comment

thanks for advice

Comment

i really like Super Screen Capture from Zeallsoft...much better results than with fraps

Comment

You mean that its smoother than fraps ??

Comment

I use MeGUI for encoding and Fraps for Recording.

MeGUI is a little bit more advanced than "One-Click-Encoders" but the results are far better. Smaller videos and less artifacts.

Comment

X-fire's video opition is pretty good too. TOO bad they haven't thought of adding UDK to the listing it would really show thier support too.

Comment

this is in the wrong thread surely?

Comment

I dont see how this is in this forum ? should have done this under discussion really

Comment

Honestly, CameCam is far better than anything else, as i believe it is the recorder that uses a high-quality DivX-based codec for compression. Also allows custom watermarks by buying it for the not-so-steep price of $39.95.

Comment

I use fraps, mainly because its just plain good and simple. Then Vitual Dub (free) to compress files and Sony Vegas is great for editing them and adding in effects.

Hope it helps!

Comment

Well, Virtual Dub can be used to record game videos, and it's supposedly less laggy than FRAPS. You do need to do some setup in order for it to work, but it's pretty easy once you do. I've used it, and it's pretty convenient.

Here's a link that shows you how to set it up.

Comment

-=Le Sigh=-

WHY WHY WHY! ?_? Why not just get an X-fire account and use Xfire's in game recording function? NO watermarked imprint on your video the quality is pretty good as well. Why waste cash on that rather than investing it in hardware upgrades to improve your rig for development eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Jade-Phoenix View Post
                              WHY WHY WHY! ?_? Why not just get an X-fire account and use Xfire's in game recording function? NO watermarked imprint on your video the quality is pretty good as well. Why waste cash on that rather than investing it in hardware upgrades to improve your rig for development eh?
                              I'm not sure what you're talking about. Is this in response to my post? If it is, then you don't seem to know much. Virtualdub is free, leaves no watermark, has good quality, and records games at a good framerate.

Comment

Working...
                              X