Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Awesome job

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome job

This would be the first version of the game that doesn't drop my FPS to 1 and eventually lock up. For whatever reason, the UT3 mod that I tried kept crashing horribly. I think it had something to do with the physx stuff since the Tornado map and I believe the lighthouse one kept doing the same thing. The other one never gave me any problems.
    Anyway, now that I've had a chance to play the game with absolutely no problems.. The game kind of gives me a Portal feel. love the puzzles in it I've only beaten one of them, but still lol. Never been so paranoid to run into myself The weird jolt kind of scares me.

EDIT - I've also updated my drivers a couple of times since then, so who really knows.

Glad you're enjoying it. Any feedback is welcome, so if you have any problems or suggestions feel free to let me know.

Comment

I agree. Awesome game concept. The execution feels good too. I was grinning from ear to ear for quite some time. Certainly has a Portal feel, but is nowhere near a ripoff. I only have a few gripes besides bugs.

1) It can get annoying to redo the first parts of a level over and over. Maybe let the user quick skip the fastforward/reverse effect if they double hit the fastforward time button.
      2) There could(should?) be a visual difference between buttons that you have to hold and ones that you just press and they stay pressed. (If there is one, I didn't notice it)
      3) Clicking 1,2,3 could be easier if we could hit 1,2,3 on our keyboard in addition to with the mouse.

I actually have run into a few bugs.

A) Many times the buttons, doors, and panels won't be correct even though they function correctly. Most of the time they show inactive, but are actually active. Pretty much just a graphics bug.
      B) My clones forget where they are going! I'm not sure if when you bump into yourself it is suppose to knock them around, but a few times they will miss the doorway and then just stand there. Its not like when you mess the puzzle up and the door won't open for them. For example on the level "guillotine", the first thing you do is run straight through 2 freely opening doors and then hold 3 buttons. At one point 2 clones missed the second door and stood just off to the side. Obviously they didn't push their buttons, and thereby messed everything up.

Edit: Seems like you already know of these issues. Which is to be expected I guess.

Comment

Not sure I understand what you mean with "clicking 1, 2, 3".

Comment

I guess he means the different 'quantum states' as you call them

Comment

Late reply, but yes. Like darQ said. Clicking the quantum states with the mouse (1,2,3) is quite a pain after many retries. I suggest letting the user just hit 1,2,3 on the keyboard. I would think that wouldn't be too hard to implement. Though, the return rate for that work might be small. I'm not sure most people would ever find out about it. I actually took a bit to learn that I had to click on the number/movie to choose. For a bit there I was waiting for it to go away by itself.

Comment

Ah ok, that's not hard to do at all. Was the tutorial not clear enough for that?

Comment

Working...
              X