Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Team Members Wanted For S.A.S Diaries' : Project Rhone Island!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Team Members Wanted For S.A.S Diaries' : Project Rhone Island!

First Of all Hello fellow UDK fans! How the devil are we

Team Wanted For SAS Diaries' : Project Rhone

So you will find everything you need to know about the game below, also there will be a few pics of some concept art and the GDD (well what is done of it so far. So basically at the moment we have 2 Concept artists of which one of them does some modelling, but would like to mainly focus on art. So I guess that means we will need video editors to make cut scenes, programmers to program the characters, the game world and the AI for NPC's and Enemies. Also we will need 3D modellers who can also rig and animate the characters and weapons, in game assets etc... Music/Sound FX, well you get the gist by now every thing and could even do with a couple more artists for concept art and GUI/UI mock ups 'LOL'. So if you are interested in joining GUNNER STUDIOS and making this game idea a reality either pm me on here, add me on Skype, Username = daveyg25, or feel free to email me : DaveyG24@live.co.uk. So now lets get to the good stuff. Project Rhone.

CONCEPT ART

Images drawn and designed by Robert Ramsay. All © of Robert Ramsay.

Click Here for Concept Art © Robert Ramsay

Video Progress © Robert Ramsay

Click Here for Speed Mock Up Model Robert Grimmly

Click Here for Grimmly Cadet Boots

Click Here for Robert Grimmly Model

Images drawn and designed by Tom Gray (Air Head). All © of AirHead.

Click Here for Concept Art © AirHead

G.D.D - Game Design Document, Story Bible, Scripts and T.D.D - Technical Design Document

Click Here for Game Design Document - W.I.P (Work In Progress)

Click Here for T.D.D - Technical Design Document

Click Here for Game Scripts

Click Here for Story Bible

Video Storyboard Ideas for Opening Sequence and Scene 1

Click Here for Opening Sequence (music just for idea will have to use own music, copyright infringement not intended).

Click Here for Cut Scene 1

Hey Guys Just incase i wasnt clear before under each red bold title are links to all art and documentation here it will link you off to google documents where you can see each item, and a couple videos link you off to youtube. Thanks hope to have a reply soon

Comment

This sounded interesting up to the point where i read the word zombie.

Zombies....sigh

I don't particuliary want your first response to be negative but seriously look at most of the other works in progress on here......nearly all of them involve bloody zombies. A unique selling point at the moment would be to not have zombies in your game.

You're obviously serious about your project and I can see from the design docs you've put in alot of effort so have a think, do you really want to add another zombie game to the ever growing list of zombie games that no one will take much notice of when you could put your efforts into making something that might catch peoples attention?

Just saying, I started reading through stuff as it looks like you've made alot of effort and put alot of thought into it, I read the word zombie and instantly my interest has just turned to 'meh'. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

But either way just my opinion, do want you want at the end of the day

Good luck

Comment

Ok guys so we have run into a little bug please see two posts with videos here

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...1#post31139441

any suggestions on a fix would be grateful

Comment

Originally posted by dovonob View Post
          This sounded interesting up to the point where i read the word zombie.

Zombies....sigh

I don't particuliary want your first response to be negative but seriously look at most of the other works in progress on here......nearly all of them involve bloody zombies. A unique selling point at the moment would be to not have zombies in your game.

You're obviously serious about your project and I can see from the design docs you've put in alot of effort so have a think, do you really want to add another zombie game to the ever growing list of zombie games that no one will take much notice of when you could put your efforts into making something that might catch peoples attention?

Just saying, I started reading through stuff as it looks like you've made alot of effort and put alot of thought into it, I read the word zombie and instantly my interest has just turned to 'meh'. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

But either way just my opinion, do want you want at the end of the day

Good luck
          Yea thanks bro did put a lot of work into them and still am now 'LOL', I have took some time out of documentation at the moment and am learning Unrealscript, (which is easier said then done). We do have a big idea list for changes in gameplay and all ideas are welcome if you wanna make any suggestions. Feel free to contact

Comment

"dovonob" is the purpose of making games to get as many people on your team as possible? If that's your dream game then do it but you should probably show something you have created first before asking people to join. Also just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by darkxether View Post
              "dovonob" is the purpose of making games to get as many people on your team as possible? If that's your dream game then do it but you should probably show something you have created first before asking people to join. Also just my opinion.

All I have so far apart from all the links above showing everything 'LOL', as I say I have taken time out of documenting to learn a bit of UnrealScript

Comment

im sorry i didn't explain myself very well you HAVE created stuff but not anything that will make people jump to your cause you know? It may have been a lot of work i did see that you just started scripting. don't take this offensively but it looks like the scripting took you very little time. I'm still not explaining myself well i can't put it into words, you just need to show more.

Comment

im sorry i didn't explain myself very well you HAVE created stuff but not anything that will make people jump to your cause you know? It may have been a lot of work i did see that you just started scripting. don't take this offensively but it looks like the scripting took you very little time. I'm still not explaining myself well i can't put it into words, you just need to show more.
                  Unreal Development Kit Game Programming with UnrealScript- Beginner's Guide [eBook]
                  Mastering UDK Game Development [eBook]
                  UnrealScript Game Programming Cookbook [eBook]

and a bit of previous xp with c# on web dev so code similar, but I still class myself as a n00b, tutorials are great as for stuff we have all we have is what you see here so far, there are 3 of us, which is me lead designer and 2 artists, this is why I have had to take it upon myself to learn some coding. and the reason we want people to join is so we can all make the game idea a reality one man cant do it all himself. but thanks for your advice, much appreciated

Comment

Hey better than most people who just pick it up then quit. Keep at it Good luck!

Comment

Latest Update

Code:
                      Sprint and stamina test

Comment

Hey better than most people who just pick it up then quit. Keep at it Good luck!
                        Thanks man that's what I need a bit of egging on, too many people in forums just put you down for being a beginner! what they need to remember is they were once a beginner too! No wonder so many people give up with all the negativity rather than put them down telling them how **** it looks they should give advice and help them to better it, share what they have learned! But its a sad world we live in I'm afraid. I don't care who puts me down I'm still going keep learning unreal-script and make my game into a playable demo even if it is **** at least I will have achieved what I want.

Speaking of which can anyone help me with this problem lol
                        Need-help-with-Unrealscript-Weapon-Pickup-Factory

Comment

Robert Grimmly Concept Art and 3D model First pass Continued...

Comment

Videos OF Robert Grimmly Character WIP

Robert Grimmly WIP

Comment

Working...
                            X