Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

3D Modeler for hire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marcosis View Post
    im not trolling, i was seeing if you would come clean about using a base mesh for characters that freely available on the web.

your enginier uses it, your captin prince uses it, your 'soldier character' uses it.

i can post examples of the mesh im talking about if you would like, in max and zbrush to prove my point.

Having a base character mesh and customising it to new model is no different to having a box and customising it to a vehicle!
    So I think its unfair for you to accuse somebody almost of theft by your accusation!

Seek And Destroy Games
    Tutorials for UDK PC and iOS
    http://www.youtube.com/user/lexluthornumber1

Comment

exactly! you see at first I thought I read the comment wrong but now I notice other people agree to what I thought.First,I did not get any model from online and tweak it.I do my own models I do not know what your talking about,and of course you can add any reference links or images that will proof I stole anything be my guess. I am 100% sure all my work is legit,I am a professional I have been doing this for a while now I have no reason to steal anything from no where.

Comment

Having a base character mesh and customising it to new model is no different to having a box and customising it to a vehicle!
        So I think its unfair for you to accuse somebody almost of theft by your accusation!
        personaly i disagree, starting with a box and crafting something entirly new out of it is very differnt to taking a base mesh and just redefining a few parts, as you are more just changing geometry and topology rather than creating new geometry and topology, but thats just my opinion.

i am not preaching its wrong to use base meshes, i just beleive that if you do, it should be mentioned somewhere on the covated work, to inform people of the work that the perosn who created the base mesh has doen to assist the person using said base mesh.

I do my own models I do not know what your talking about,and of course you can add any reference links or images that will proof I stole anything be my guess.
        on that little bit, i never said you stole anything fella, you cant steal something that is free afterall. and i wasnt sugesting you shouldnt use base meshes you aquire from here and there, just that the auther/creater of the base mesh should be mentioned somewhere on the website atleast.

Comment

Originally posted by marcosis View Post
          personaly i disagree, starting with a box and crafting something entirly new out of it is very differnt to taking a base mesh and just redefining a few parts, as you are more just changing geometry and topology rather than creating new geometry and topology, but thats just my opinion.

i am not preaching its wrong to use base meshes, i just beleive that if you do, it should be mentioned somewhere on the covated work, to inform people of the work that the perosn who created the base mesh has doen to assist the person using said base mesh.

on that little bit, i never said you stole anything fella, you cant steal something that is free afterall. and i wasnt sugesting you shouldnt use base meshes you aquire from here and there, just that the auther/creater of the base mesh should be mentioned somewhere on the website atleast.
          Lol your still assuming I am using other peoples models but I am clearly telling you I am not.I know its not stealing if its free but in the first place I do not go running around looking for base meshes when I can clearly create them myself...lol I don't know where you get this assumption from.Like previously said "Fella" please at any reference images or links to what you are speaking about.lol straight up trolling.Your making a big deal of something that you assume other people do when there not.

Comment

sigh

im not trolling nestor. trolling is deliberatly going out of your way to wind someone up or upset them for no reason. my intenstions involve neither of those things, i spoke out becuase i saw your website and saw what i beleived to be a base mesh thats available for free on the net, so i asked you, you said its not, i sitll beleive it is, so here are the examples,

i have simply overlayed your soldier character over the base mesh i beleive you to be using. one in zbrush, one not in zbrush. i tihnk you would agree the similarities are somewhat striking, it even deforms identicaly in zbrush. i could do the same for the other ones i think use the mesh, but ide rather not drag this out any longer.

though all i was saying form the get go was i beleive that you did use this base mesh for a number of your characters, thats fine, i just think you should mention this somwhere.

Comment

Lol I can see where your coming from but you see theres so many models that are the same in proportion,pose,etc but does are just basic poses everyone makes.As for the hands, its comment sense they will smooth out and look that way but then again like I mentioned practically everyone uses that basic shape.Lol,yeah this convo has gone to long just drop it.Next time just dont go posting your assumptions and try to make people look bad,when you could just PM me and make it private instead of trying to humiliate me when your totally wrong.Ima be the bigger man and just stop this whole convo, you can keep posting what you like but won't get a response.thank you for your interest in my work :-) .

Comment

the bigger man would have just said yer ok, i did use a base mesh, maybe i should atribute that in the work i used it on. but each to thier own. anyone else who reads these posts can make up thier mind after seeing and reading the writing on the wall.

Comment

Available for work.

Comment

just a tip for you, dont make a portfolio a flash site, your navigation is really bad and you want me focusing on your art, not your navigation.

hope that helps, and good luck in the future.

Comment

Working...
                    X