Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Dinosaurs with Guns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinosaurs with Guns

Updated Information (Dec 16th, 2011)
    --------------------------------------------
    Hello, everybody. I'm back with some updated information on this project. Some months ago I finished up an artistic prototype for this game, but it has been on hiatus since my previous goals were met. I am now looking to get the game started up again and eventually finished. I am still in dire need of skilled Unreal Scripters before this is even a remote possibility.

I am an artist and designer who has been working in the industry making training and educational games for 4 years, but I simply don't know a lick of programming. I'm primarily looking for help in that department.
    At the moment, this is a non-paid position, but I want to get a commercially viable product available to shop around for funding options. I definitely want to get people paid for their work.

Urgent Positions:
    Programmers/Scripters (Gameplay, UI, AI)

Not-Mandatory-But-Would-Definitely-Make-My-Job-Easier Positions:
    TBD

Note: Please include examples of your work. You will not be considered if examples of relevant work are not supplied.

More detailed information on the game is available below.
    If interested or you would just like to discuss the project, feel free to send me a PM or contact me via email.

Check out my portfolio and development blog at www.garydraws.com
    I will post updates to both this thread and my website at regular intervals.
    Email: gary.storkamp@gmail.com

Game Description
    Dinosaurs with Guns is a 3D side-scrolling shooter, hearkening back to the likes of Contra and Metal Slug, with numerous contemporary game features added into the mix.
    It will have a large focus on the combat system, and over-the-top boss fights. The game is largely a love letter to action games of yesteryear while maintaining a unique style of its own.
    The largest gameplay addition will be a combo system used for increasing XP multipliers and disposing of your enemies in fun and creative ways. This is the main feature that I would like working for the prototype.
    [screenshot]http://www.garydraws.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/11-02-16-Combo.jpg[/screenshot]

Thank you for your interest.

Gary Storkamp

More concept art:

Just posting to say; love the concept, love the ideas, love the scale, love the presentation!

best of luck with this, will keep an eye on it

Comment

cute concepts

Comment

Yes, finally game that grasps concept of dinosaurs in fps correctly. They have well deserved place in this project not included "just because".

Comment

Lovely concept art, finally something original in the (a bit overdone lately) prehistoric field. And is it a sand shark there?

Comment

It is duneshark, it controls spice.

Comment

If Forecourse had any real money I'd fund this immediately. If you are ever looking to expand this to a full indie team... lemme know xD

Comment

As would I from UDKC - Landsharks = Instant Funding.

Comment

That concept arts look really cute. 8-)

Comment

Beautiful concept, im sure youll get help from dedicated people. Reminds me much of Worms.

Comment

Pretty awesome stuff goin' on here, I can honestly say it's the first time I've read one of these threads in this section without feeling like my IQ was lowered in the process. Love the concept art, are you planning on making the game as stylized as the artwork? Also I'm not sure if you mentioned it or not, but is this project directed at mobile devices, or are you planning on making it actually a PC title with superior graphics and hardware utilization?

Comment

Wow, I am overwhelmed by the positive reactions to the project so far.
                        Thank you all for the support.
                        I have received a few inquiries from musicians so far and will follow up with them shortly.
                        I will continue along with production and update this thread with more work and any staffing changes as they come up.

Originally posted by Farseer View Post
                        And is it a sand shark there?
                        Indeed it is. That would be the planned boss for this prototype.

Originally posted by DABentz View Post
                        Love the concept art, are you planning on making the game as stylized as the artwork? Also I'm not sure if you mentioned it or not, but is this project directed at mobile devices, or are you planning on making it actually a PC title with superior graphics and hardware utilization?
                        This is a PC project. I hope to have the graphical style pretty close to the concepts. That could rely heavily on some fairly complex texture and shader work. Once I get to the 3D stage and start throwing together some mockups, I'll be able to determine if it will actually look any good in motion.

Comment

I would like to apply for the level designer position

Comment

If you ever need more 3D environmental artists I'll be more than glad to help. I'm gonna have to finish my portfolio pretty soon in case you do, this project looks pretty **** fun.

Comment

This project should definithly be done. I would try to help you, but currently I am working on another project, I wish you good luck

Comment

Working...
                              X