Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AI FACTOR(Portal like game project recruit XD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AI FACTOR(Portal like game project recruit XD)

First of all,check this thread for my game project review
    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...1#post27217561

My team is called SethWorkz.
    My objective with this project is,to learn much things in UDK and of course,demonstrating to every1 that you can make a cool game using only the original assets and static mashes.So I don't think we should make the game too long.
    So I need a modeller and a scripter.
    I can handle mapping,texturing and some basic kismet stuff.
    Of course I accept any kind of recruitments like level designers aswell.

If you are interested in making another hitgame based on Valve's Portal,then you must join our team

Please tell me your opinion.

Maybe we could help each other out. I model and skin, while you map so i think if you could help me make a map i can help you with models.

Comment

This is a great idea
      Though I don't know what kind of maps do you need for your 24 game.
      Maybe we could join our "forces" and first make this short portal like game and then we can concentrate on your game only.
      What do you say?
      Or of course we can stick to your idea if you want

Comment

its difficult to make trades like this and be fair.

a level designer is also responsible for map environment planning, which would be good for me because i need input on how maps should be put together in my project.

so i will agree to model for your project to help it grow and i would like some brainstorming sessions about my project regarding maps. hope that is fair enough ;-)

[edit] i havent seen any substantial progress in your images but it shows you can use the editor. how extensive is your mapping experience/ knowledge? Do you have X-Fire?

i have a small portfolio i will link you to:

http://www.24-game.org/renders.zip

small sample of weapons modeling...

Comment

Originally posted by 24_Ripjaw View Post
          a level designer is also responsible for map environment planning, which would be good for me because i need input on how maps should be put together in my project.
          I agree,but I've never seen this film series so I have no idea what it's about,but if you would be so kind and tell me,I would help you
          Also,if the movie is placed in the present,I can't use the UDK preinstalled static meshes because they obviously refer to future.So if the movie is about present,you can send me some static meshes to use at the maps.I thinkit's ok to use some UDK materials but not all of them since they are too futuristic.

so i will agree to model for your project to help it grow and i would like some brainstorming sessions about my project regarding maps. hope that is fair enough ;-)
          As I mentioned above,I don't know what it's about but if you can send me some static meshes made for your project,I can create for you maps.

[edit] i havent seen any substantial progress in your images but it shows you can use the editor. how extensive is your mapping experience/ knowledge? Do you have X-Fire?
          Well I'm still learning but I would say that I'm familiar with the editor about 85%(does not include unreal script,only kismet and matinee)
          I'm not so experienced in Kismet since I was making maps for Unreal 1 at the time so that's why I'm still learning at the new UDK,but I learn very fast.
          So I know the editor about 85%, kismet about 60% and matinee about 45%.
          As I said,still learning,watching a bunch of tutorials so this will change by the time.

i have a small portfolio i will link you to:

http://www.24-game.org/renders.zip

small sample of weapons modeling...
          Your modelling skills are very great,so I think we can help eachother out very nicely

Comment

cool, ill be in and out during each day in 3ds max, so definitely drop me a list of models you would like done for a map on your project, and i'd like to watch the progress to get an idea of how much you can do.

as far as building maps for my project, they are not specific to the show "24", they will be just based in USA(to begine with, FBI is the 1st to go if citizens of the U.S. are attacked abroad, so of course the name "24" will have to be modified, but it gets the overall idea that the teams will consist of "good guys vs. bad guys".

Comment

So your project is deffinatly in present days.
              So I will need your models to create the maps for you,bcuz I can't use UDK specific futuristic static meshes for your maps.

I will send you a private message with the list of the models later today.

Comment

hey really interesting, I like that. I am in the team as if you level design I can give you a hand with various ideas and artwork (drawings of the characters, levels) to give an idea in the ideational part of the project.

you have seen on my topic so you know what I' do.

the only problem that I do not speak English very well. I'm still interested in the project then please contact me via PM or MSN: i_wafti@hotmail.it

Comment

Working...
                X