Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OrangeCore is looking for talents! | Programmer needed!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OrangeCore is looking for talents! | Programmer needed!

Hi!

I'm Analdin, leader of OrangeCore.

Our debut project "PAZE" (former: Sonic) has been announced on various websites, check out our WIP thread: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=750287

PAZE is a FPS-Racing hybrid arcade game featuring exotic, unique cars, exotic, unique weapons and exotic, unique levels. High speed combat experience included! Everything's exotic. And unique.

Following positions are available:

Programmer | Positions available: No Positions Available At the Moment!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Requirements:
    • Familar with UScript
    • Teamwork skills
    • Ability of self-motivation

Bonuses:
    • Familar with Kismet
    • Familar with Python
    • Familar with C++

Animator | Positions available: 1
    Requirements:
    • Familar with animating rigged models, and bring them into UDK
    • Familar with UDK's AnimSet Editor
    • Teamwork skills

Bonuses:
    • Familar with Rigging
    • Familar with 2D Animations
    • Vast knowledge of other areas of game development, such as 3D Arts, 2D Arts, Design, etc.

Environment Modeler | Positions available: No Positions Available At the Moment!--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Requirements:
    • Familar with content creation tools like Blender3D, Maya, 3ds Max, or similar
    • Ability to work in teams of two or more
    • Ability to gather reference images and create lifelike models from said images

Bonuses:
    • Familar with SpeedTree
    • Worked on games/mods before

Weapon 3D Artist | Positions available: No Positions Available At the Moment!
    Requirements:
    • Familar with a Highpoly Modeling/Normal Maps workflow
    • Familar with rigging models
    • Teamwork skills

Bonuses:
    • Familar with animating models

Vehicle 3D Artist | Positions available: No Positions Available At the Moment!
    Requirements:
    • Familar with a Highpoly Modeling/Normal Maps workflow
    • Familar with rigging models
    • Teamwork skills

Bonuses:
    • Familar with animating models

If you want to apply, please send an EMail to orangecore@web.de
    Your email should contain a link to your online portfolio, or your previous work.

Thank you for reading!

you seem to be asking for a lot, and not showing much. And qualifying periods?... Get a reference of other applicants work before you have them spend time on your mod/game.

Best of Luck.

Comment

By "Qualifying Period" i mean following:
      The applicant gets into the team and starts to work on e.g. a weapon (if he's applying as a Weapon Modeler). After the Qualifying Period, it's decided whether he stays in the team until the project is finished or, if his work doesnt quite show the quality we expect (and that isnt that much), he has to leave, sad but true.

And it isnt that much what we demand for, if you look closely... but if you want to, you can point out what exactly you think is too much

//edit: Normally, (=what i've seen in other teams), the modelers would be required to UVmap their models (which eats up most of the time working on it) etc. As you can see, we don't demand that.

Comment

I don't get why anyone would want to be on probation to work for free for a "team" that hasn't done anything :S.
        I'm guessing you have the programmer and texture artist positions filled?

Comment

Yes we have filled these positions. Okay, after there has been some annoyance about the Qualifying periods, they're removed.

And by the way, i didnt say there is no money. We plant to share the money we earn when selling the game/gaining some money by letting sponsors advertise. I just don't want people to apply just because there probably is money...

//and what makes you think we haven't done anything? It's just all the work we already have done is not quite polished up or WIP...

Comment

I thought you we`re Orange Men m8?..You changed monica`s?

Comment

Yep, BuLL... we also switched from CE2 to UDK, if you didnt recognize it yet only joking, but yes, we have changed the name and are now working more dedicated and harder than ever!

Comment

Good stuff m8...Knowing you guys,you`ll probably take this engine apart & to a new level.
                If I can help ,just holler m8.nps...And good luck with your project.Not that you need it

Comment

You could help us as a Weapon modeller, i know you're modeling some awesome ones

Comment

I don`t model m8,just skin....Well,I do,but it`s not something I relish or enjoy,so I avoid modelling.lol

http://www.moddb.com/members/bull5h1t/images/ak47

Comment

Then you could help us with skinning the models (as we use auto uvmaps, its easier and faster, you will need blender, i can give you the instructions needed for painting in blender if you wish to)

Comment

All PMs and Emails have been answered. However, there is still more room for more team members

Comment

email sent.

imo, i don't mind a probationary period. Mods have always been like that in my experience.

i have done animations for weapons a fair deal, as per 3dBuzz's weapons modeling and actor X- Alternative Methods video. i havent done that in a while as i've been diving into high poly couterpart meshes for use as normal and parallax mapping.

Comment

Thanks for the appliance, Ripjaw! Some awesome work in you Portfolio!

Comment

not the best, i hope you got to the r3d_.jpg's... those are most recent and completed.

Comment

Working...
                              X