Transform HELP.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I mean, to change a part of the mesh during the real-time. I know how to switch the material during the real-time, but don't know to change the mesh during the real-time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by A3bdalla View Post
    Ok, i just want to know how to make a part of the mesh transform in real time like when i press a button it transforms from a normal skin arm to a flame arm...
    I don't think you understood what I said, you've just repeated yourself.

As I said, break it into steps. "Transform" doesn't mean anything in a game design setting.
    What you are asking for can be made in an endless array of methods depending on exactly what you are wanting to do and how you want it do behave, and isn't just a single "enable this" step, but multiple facets.

First you need to figure out how to trigger something on a button press.
    Then you need to look into what exactly (on a technical level) you want your effect to be. Is it a particle effect, a change of material, or a change of model completely? What else does the change affect? Character speed? Projectiles? Animations? Or something else/more?
    Then you can look into and start asking about how to achieve each of those bits, one at a time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well you can simply swap your normal skin material to flame material when you press a key. You can easily achieve this in UnrealScript using Exec function and inside that simply change the material.

Pseudo code:
    Code:
    exec function ChangeToFlameMat()
    {
         Mesh.SetMaterial(0,Material'YourMaterial');
    }

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok, i just want to know how to make a part of the mesh transform in real time like when i press a button it transforms from a normal skin arm to a flame arm...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Your question is way too broad.

Break what you want to do into individual steps and take it from there, one step at a time.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Transform HELP.

Transform HELP.

How to make transformation on the mesh during the real-time? For example, when i press "X" my arm gets burned and its appearance changes or press "Y" to put on something or press "Z" to have metallic arm.
    Please help.
Working...
X