Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Links & Content Updated] UDK – Horror Starter Kit Source Code (7 Days)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Links & Content Updated] UDK – Horror Starter Kit Source Code (7 Days)

Since i’ve stopped working on this Project.
    I want to provide you guys with the source code i’ve already built. Maybe this can be developed further by the Community.

if i can find the time, i will also write some tutorials or at least a small documentation.
    For now please ask the questions directly there you found this link. (either udk forum or youtube)

Please Note that this game was built on the "UDK-2013-03" Version.
    Source Code Download:
    http://www.synoptic-entertainment.co...ce-code-7-days
    Attached Files

Nice, thank you for sharing this

Comment

Hey, it's cool! Thank you!

Comment

Really nice, its a great work, It remembers me to the Amnesia game, really nice, I will test it and make some happy levels with it!

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

So I've added a small Feature List (http://www.synoptic-entertainment.co...e-code-7-days/)and will start now to upload the PostProcessing-Package and atleast the MasterMaterial-Package.

I'm gonna fix my misspellings later on. since i'm in a rush and just want to upload some screenshots to get you started easier.

@nesjett yeah i liked the amnesia/penumbra gamplay mechanic's since they we're well integrated into the gameplay without forcing the player to watch ingame cinematics to understand the story. And i thought it give's you the ability to become a bit more addicted to the character you're playing since you could interact physically with nearly everything like in the Real World and that's a must for a Horror Game.

Comment

Great, some materials and thinks such this would be good to help implementing it.

Perhaps you could add some swf or what youre using to help with the inventory/main menu

I was working on a little project with similar mechanics to amnesia, this work will help me a loot to code some game mechanics.

I'll be following it

Comment

thanks for sharing it

Comment

Cant wait to try this out! You wouldn't believe how much time your about to save me with this! (Or maybe you would sense you did make it after all. XD) Really though thanks for being awesome and sharing~.

Comment

so just updated the site, it now also includes the download links for the Flash Menu, Master Materials and PostProcess.

im thinking about uploading the whole project, can anyone help me finding a host that allows about ~1.4 gb?

Tutorials are slowly coming along, and will be linked in the feature list

Comment

Originally posted by westclif View Post
                    so just updated the site, it now also includes the download links for the Flash Menu, Master Materials and PostProcess.

im thinking about uploading the whole project, can anyone help me finding a host that allows about ~1.4 gb?

Tutorials are slowly coming along, and will be linked in the feature list

First I want to say thanks for releasing your source. Its a very admirable thing to do. I myself am a terrible programmer, so you have been able to give me a push in the right direction with a look at how you implemented a save system . Secondly I believe www.filefront.com would allow you to host a file of that size without any major issues. If not I would be willing to host it on my webhost in return. Only issue I would say comes with that is sometimes I do not having money at the time of the billing cycle so it goes down for a few days xD. But that doesn't really happen *too often. If you are interested send me a pm, and we can work from there.

Comment

Great work! the whole project would be really nice to have as reference on how to implement new thinks and modify the currents!

Thanks another time for the update

Comment

Thanks, man. Great work

Comment

Originally posted by Arixsus View Post
                          First I want to say thanks for releasing your source. Its a very admirable thing to do. I myself am a terrible programmer, so you have been able to give me a push in the right direction with a look at how you implemented a save system . Secondly I believe www.filefront.com would allow you to host a file of that size without any major issues. If not I would be willing to host it on my webhost in return. Only issue I would say comes with that is sometimes I do not having money at the time of the billing cycle so it goes down for a few days xD. But that doesn't really happen *too often. If you are interested send me a pm, and we can work from there.
                          Thanks for the offer, but i found a host that fulfills my requirements. I'm currently uploading but this could take a while since my connection isn't the best even in this times.

Edit: So Upload completed!

Comment

Thanks for sharing this, it's very useful!
                            But, how exatcly did you build this in the March 2013 version when there is only a February and July 2013 version?

Comment

Impressive! Keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
                              X