AI for Bots, Need a bit of help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AI for Bots, Need a bit of help please

Hey guys, im new to UDk but ive gotten most of the basics.
    Im in the process of making a DEFENCE based game.
    Having problems getting my Bots to attack a certain object or even go to it.
    Ive gotten all bots on the same team and when i play they all attack me
    However i cant seem to find anywhere how to get them to attack An object/any target. thats not me

Appreciate any help you guys give!

Hello! I'm sorry! Normally the UDK community is much more helpful than this. I am currently In Greece, but I know that what you are asking for can be achieved through Kismet. When I get home in a few days I'll root around a bit to see if I can help.

Comment

using bots that extend from UTBot is a bit of a pain. to do what you need you can use kismet to tell them to go to the place you want, there's examples around

people around here usually extend from AIController and code their own AI though

Comment

A generic way to do it in Kismet is to create two loops. One based on waypoints. So you have your bots walk from point to point and a secondary line of site system where you can create a collision around them and use kismet to get them to follow the actor that breaks that collision. This is very low level but often when creating things in kismet as a mock up you get the inspiration and understanding of how it works at a root level and then you can tackle the systems you need to extend from based on your understanding of how they already work.

Comment

Working...
        X