Tornado Basics _ Using Force Actor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    FeignDeath yep that be it but what stumped me was getting the cylindrical force actor to tell the pawn its time to feigndeath.
    I tried to make it double as a trigger. like I said didn't work so I moved past it. Also I am working with UDKPawn class, so I going to search n find this function in UTGame copy and place it in UDKPawn.

Thanks for the tip jhill !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    To get players or bots thrown around by force actors you can use the FeignDeath() function in UTPawn, which makes the pawn into a ragdoll until feign death is ended by player input or a trigger.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ah, so this is where that Tutorial is hiding.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Zurael View Post
    Thanks for the tutorial McTune, I havn't played around with force actors much yet.
    However I'm wondering, do any of the physics actors have the ability to effect players and/or pawns also? I tried RB_thruster on a player, but maybe that didn't work because players do not have rigid body physics.
    At this time I only wish, but no only dead pawns. You have to ragdoll it to have forces effect them. I have never messed with the thruster tho, so I can't say for sure on that but I would assume it wouldn't tho.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the tutorial McTune, I havn't played around with force actors much yet.
    However I'm wondering, do any of the physics actors have the ability to effect players and/or pawns also? I tried RB_thruster on a player, but maybe that didn't work because players do not have rigid body physics.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Tornado Basics _ Using Force Actor

Tornado Basics _ Using Force Actor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_gt0...ature=youtu.be

For those who just don't know or always wanting to learn more. UDK has a few forces that can be used in Tornado ways.
    In this Tutorial I use the RB_cylindricalForceactor there are others as well like the obvious NX_ForceFieldTornado
    But this is the basic standard issue Tornado effect good place to start have fun.

If you all like it or have questions let me know.
    I may one day make more tutorials covering more advanced methods, tips tricks ect.
Working...
X