Dynamic Material Shader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamic Material Shader

Hey guys got bored so I created a material I would like to share. It works great with Dynamic Objects.

Not so much with static objects though.

It has rear specular lighting, dynamic AO which is generated from the Normal maps blue channel and faked bounced lighting.

Here is the material net work

Blend Mode needs to be set to custom.

cool, thanks!
    the dynamic AO seems like it could bring up some level assets, and I can see the faked light bounce adding up to the 'naturalness' of a skin shader

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking it can be used as a quick cheap skin shader, depending how to mess with the values.

Comment

Hi TheAgent!

Unless I am missing something in your tutorial, could you please provide a download of a full screen shot?

I am not sure how to see all the details of your material network in high enough resolution

Looks awesome!

Rama

Comment

Open photobucket link and enlarge image or download.
          http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/...l.png~original

Comment

Why doesn't it work well with static objects?

Looks pretty cool, though. Thanks a lot for sharing!!

Comment

I'd assume it doesn't work well with static objects as it relies on the light vector direction. I can't quite tell though, as even enlarged, I can't work out what the material nodes are!

Comment

For those having trouble seeing the image,

if you click on it and go to photobucket, there's an option to download the original file in the lower right side of the page

Rama

Comment

Yeah it uses the light vector so it would make sense to use on dynamic objects only. I think i found a better way to get dynamic AO but i cant quite remember anymore.

Comment

Working...
                  X