New UI Editor in production!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New UI Editor in production!

Hello, I am designing new (third party) UI editor for UDK. Everything will be based on visual editing (like old UI scenes - but better because everything will be realtime). Things like button events and actions will be inside kismet. I want to know what do you want to have inside this new UI editor and what will you find useful. I need to make some list of requested features. Request anything... effects, buttons, tips, some kind of settings, and so on... I accept crazy ideas too ... Looking forward to your posts !

Do you have any WIP screenshots to share

Comment

Not right now because I am updating core but I am working on website where I will post screenshots and video tutorials.

Comment

something along the lines of the mobile menu would be good, consisting of scenes and objects.
        perhaps a scene node you can assign object nodes to or something.

questions, why are you making this?
        what would make it different from the other kismet ui solution that is already out there?
        would it not be more productive to extend that?

Comment

Thank you very much for your suggestion!

something along the lines of the mobile menu would be good, consisting of scenes and objects.
          perhaps a scene node you can assign object nodes to or something.
          It's already based on scenes and componenets.

questions, why are you making this?
          what would make it different from the other kismet ui solution that is already out there?
          would it not be more productive to extend that?
          Other solutions use kismet to draw objects in loop but in my solution you need only one kismet node to get your gui working - Init UI. After that you can dynamically and visually drag and scale your components inside your game - like in Adobe Flash - just click on corner of image. Componenents have many settings like DrawModes used in Scaleform too: FixedSize, ShowAll, NoBorders, ExactFit..... Let's say that you want to create copy of UTGame menu. You will need only 3 types of kismet nodes. Init UI and Event Button Clicked -> Action Open UI Scene (like settings). Development iteration time will be minimal because you can build, edit and debug your GUI in game (realtime).

Comment

that sounds great, looking forward to seeing it.
            it doesnt actually involve scaleform does it? that would render it useless for the majority of folk on here.

Comment

No it does not involve scaleform. It is based on Canvas. I want to make easy solution with which you can create nice looking gui in a few minutes without touching code.

Comment

Great to hear. Looking forward to see this. When released i suggest you to post this on "UDK Programming and UnrealScript" section too.

Comment

Sure, I will post it everywhere

Comment

now that sounds interesting

Comment

Working...
                    X