Question about transferring content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about transferring content

I'm new to UDK (and developing in general) and I had a question about transferring assets. A while back I play a Source mod called "Grey" and I loved it and thought the style of it was exactly what I was looking for in a game I wanted to make. Since I'm not very good at creating custom textures or assets I decided to take a chance and contact the creators of the mod to see if I could use their work. Surprisingly the told me that I was welcome to absolutely everything from their game as long as I gave them credit for all of it! I'm having trouble getting anything started with Source SDK (the process of starting a mod on that engine is a pain in the ***) so I was wondering if anyone knew what the steps would be to get the textures and models and whatnot from that mod to the UDK.

I found all of the assets in the files easy enough but I don't think it'll be just drag and drop since the textures are stored as VTF files for the Source engine. Am I going to have to do some conversion for the textures and models in order for them to work in the UDK?

Yes conversion will be needed for the textures
    Udk can support .bmp .float .pcx .png .psd .tga
    If you use the latest version you also can use .jpeg .jpg .sbsar .tga

Comment

Okay good to know!

Comment

Working...
      X