Multiplayer only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiplayer only?

Hy, I can make unreal engine to connect directly to multiplayer for a game like planetside 2? Not is adv!!

sure, nearly everything is possible

Comment

How I can do? I'm new in UDK

Comment

here is the docu : http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/ReplicationHome.html
        if you search a copy past solution you are wrong here

Comment

I see that but i don't undestand nothing

Comment

Originally posted by WopsS View Post
            I see that but i don't undestand nothing
            Don't just see it, read and study it very carefully. Allow yourself some time to understand it.
            You won't be able to just master replication over night. It can take days, weeks, or even up to a month before you would get a clear understanding of network replication.

Comment

you need to try first replicating a simple variable, you need to check your player replication info and your game replication info, also the replication block

Comment

Time is the key point in your leaning curve.

If you are not familiar to UDK, I hope you are with game engine in general. Otherwise, I would suggest you to stick with a small offline game to get the basics of the UDK engine and then move to an online game.
                Multiplayer is adding another layer (read difficulty) in the game programming. You always need to think about data replication, ownership, cheats, etc... You need to had layer around the dedicated server to host persistent data for login (at least).
                good luck and have fun!

Comment

Working...
                X