X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thanks again Dmitry!

Notes:
    To add the water feature to a separate existing level I merged the resources of Flowtest.udk and BaseFlowMaterials.upk into BaseFlowMaterials.upk. This Package is trickier to install than others, and I kept getting 'Chain' errors which UDK couldn't resolve, so here's a workaround using the Feb 2014 / Feb 2013 builds:

1. In Flowtest.udk -> Copy Combined_INST [the core top-level MIC] to -> BaseFlowMaterials.upk
    2. In Flowtest.udk -> Copy RT to -> BaseFlowMaterials.upk (TextureRenderTarget2D)
    3. In Flowtest.udk -> Copy Test_FM to -> BaseFlowMaterials.upk (Texture2D)
    4. In Flowtest.udk -> Copy Test_M to -> BaseFlowMaterials.upk (Texture2D)
    5. Open BaseFlowMaterials/Combined_INST in MIC editor. Under 'Texture Parameter Values'. Edit each Texture path until they all point to BaseFlowMaterials.
    6. Locate the SceneCaptureReflectActor_0 Using Edit menu -> Find Actors. Change the Texture Target entry to: TextureRenderTarget2D'BaseFlowMaterials.Textures.R T'
    7. Copy this actor to a new or existing level and place it over the water...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No thanks, Neongho. I found the file inside the asset zip file.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I do have it what happends ? you need it ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The tutorial document is said to be "Access to this link has been disabled."
    Could anyone please upload it again?

Thanks in advance

Edit:
    The pdf file is found to be included in the water asset zip file.
    The "tutorial document" link could be removed.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you redbox im extracting a lot of knowladge from your material comrade : ).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Neongho View Post
    Hey awsome wáter and awsome content in it, im going to read the whole PDF, i guess this is free to use right ?
    Absolutely

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey awsome wáter and awsome content in it, im going to read the whole PDF, i guess this is free to use right ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by punk4105 View Post
    how can i make an underwater scene
    Post process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkpp

Leave a comment:

• replied
    how can i make an underwater scene

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Downloading it now, thank you for the contribution.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I already saw such effects in new "Thief" ))

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Absolute PHD stuff... amazing! Thank you for your effort. That PDF will reside in my toolbox for years to come I'm sure.
    And the results.. just wow. Even the wet appearance of the adjacent rock, very nice!

What sort of performance can you expect? / have you experienced?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This looks incredible! Definitely trying this out!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ^_^

You can also manually change UnpackMin settings in the texture properties. This won't have an instant effect but it does work.
    +
    as option

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by redbox View Post
    So, to paint, you need texture with "Default" compression, unchecked sRGB, assigned to simple texture sampler, and you need to unpack it to (-1;1) in material, using "(tex - 0.5)/0.5" or something similar.
    Should be (x-0.5)*2 or x*2-1. Sorry Scratch that, I misread yours as /2 instead of /0.5.

You can also manually change UnpackMin settings in the texture properties. This won't have an instant effect but it does work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X