Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Kismet UI solution

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very interesting. Concerning using with mobile. Opening the testhud map, setting the Default Game Type to UTGameExtHUDInfo and running the game in mobile preview has the Kismet UI and Deathmatch HUD showing. What changes if possible are needed to only show the Kismet UI ?

Comment

Hey I need some help. I have a counter Int that counts as a total score. Using your scripted feature, I want to make the score visible on the player's screen, but I have a problem. Someone told me that I need to convert an Int into a String, but how am I supposed to do that?

Comment

Anhrak,i have answered your question here.http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...1#post30436511

Comment

Hi guys, I'm trying to do simple menu:

Start
          Options
          Exit

But i don't really know how to stop the camera movement, while menu is active, and how to connect buttons to some actions.
          Tutorial is great, but for more advanced users, not nooby like me.
          Can anybody please share some basic kismet sequence of that menu? Or were i can find some documentation?

Thanks in advance.
          Cheers.

Comment

Hoping someone can help with a problem i have.

I have this all working fine in the May 2012, just updated to July and i get this when recompiling

[0006.73] Log: D:\UDK\UDK-2012-07\Development\Src\SimpleExtHUD\Classes\SimpleExtH UDPlayerController.uc(70) : Error, Redefinition of 'event ClientStopCameraAnim' differs from original; different number of parameters

Any ideas what's going on?

EDIT

Well, i chopped out the section about the stop camera and it seems to have compiled at least.

Comment

It's an upgrade which means parameters might have been changed, as you can see here, ClientStopCameraAnim differs from original different number of parameters, it means either the super function has more parameters or less than yours

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey-666 View Post
                EDIT

Well, i chopped out the section about the stop camera and it seems to have compiled at least.
                He He I see you had the exact same idea. If something doesn't work just break it some more so it works again. ^^ Not sure what that camera section is even used for... at least it seems my mobile HUD doesn't use it.

Comment

Sorry, I guess this isn't the best place to be asking help. Will make a new thread.

Comment

I've been having trouble getting this to work with my custom game type. As I understand it, I'm supposed to put this code into my player controller and player input classes so that I can use the kismet HUD, but every time I try to put it with any other code the mouse cursor won't render anymore. The rest of the text/materials show up fine, it's just the cursor that won't work.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Comment

"For the new Kismet to work, it has to be allowed to do its thing by the gametype. Included in the UnrealScript is a gametype, if you want to use this in your level/game you must set your level/game to use this gametype, or alternatively merge the relevant code into your own gametype."

Could someone please explain how to "alternatively merge the relevant code into your own gametype" ?

Comment

I'm just now getting into Kismet, like just started learning up on it today so no real knowledge base. With that said this UI solution looks bloody awesome. I'm curious to know though would this completely wipe out the need for scaleform? I don't know the limits of either system yet so I'm curious. If this is a simpler route and has equivalent abilities I see no reason to even start reviewing scaleform unless its a necessary evil.

Comment

Originally posted by MereMortal View Post
                          "For the new Kismet to work, it has to be allowed to do its thing by the gametype. Included in the UnrealScript is a gametype, if you want to use this in your level/game you must set your level/game to use this gametype, or alternatively merge the relevant code into your own gametype."

Could someone please explain how to "alternatively merge the relevant code into your own gametype" ?
                          Yeah it would be awesome if someone could explain the necessary steps to do that (e.g. which code goes into which file&line...). I would much prefer to use SimpleExtHUD over any other solution but there would have to be a way to make it work in the clean November UDK installation. ^^

Comment

Can anybody tell me how I can merge this code with my previously created classes?

Comment

I get this error message when I try to build...
                              UDK\Development\Src\SimpleExtHUD\Classes\SimpleExt HUDPlayerController.uc(70) : Error, Redefinition of 'event ClientStopCameraAnim' differs from ori
                              ginal; different number of parameters
                              Any Ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by threearabawys View Post
                                I get this error message when I try to build...
                                Any Ideas?
                                Heh that's the easy part... there is some thread about it as well. You just have to delete that block of code about CameraAnim in the .UC files. However the script is full of references that require UT code! So if you are using your own gametype instead of the old UT code you are going to have a bad time. ^^
                                Deleting the 3 .UC files with UT in their name removes most of the errors. However then there is still the cursor file with lots of UT references but if you delete that one as well the HUD works again... obviously without the mouse courser functionality. ;(

Comment

Working...
                                X