Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any free to use maps or static meshes around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any free to use maps or static meshes around?

Does anyone know of any free to use maps, meshes, or weapons?

I've found tons of free models and stuff, but it all requires 3ds max.

I'm just looking for simple stuff like tables, doors, pipes and wire, or maybe a few hand guns.

If I could find some free to use UT3 maps, I would be super happy.

if u want to work with udk and do more then just build a very simple lvl you will have to get yourself a proper 3d Modeling programm. (and some Unreal script skills)
    3ds max is its money worth so far i can tell

Comment

Turbosquid
      There you have lots of models, and if you use lowest price to sort, you get all the free ones . You'll need 3ds max to open most of them and export them into .ASE which is the format UDK understands. If you have any doubts, be sure to PM me.

Comment

You're right ilguano, I saw turbosquid before and it has tons of really good stuff.

So, 3dsmax it is then.

Comment

is there a way to get 3dsmax for free?
          legally
          and is all u need is the program ot do u need a code of some sorts

Comment

Hmm, I don't think so, I know you can get a cheap student version, but that's for non-commercial works.

Comment

Your best bet if you cant/ dont want to sink a bunch of money into 3ds max would be to go with Blender.

Comment

Originally posted by the taco ninja View Post
                is there a way to get 3dsmax for free?
                legally
                and is all u need is the program ot do u need a code of some sorts
                Well if you REAAAALLY need a free program you can download Blender from blender.org
                I think there are some python scripts to import 3ds max files. It isn't the best option, as some times when you import stuff from MAX, it gets messy with materials and textures, but you could just import the mesh and re texture it yourself. Once you retexture and rematerial, then there's also a script to export to a UDK friendly extension to import your blender transformed mesh into UDK.
                Also there are some models in turbosquid which provide the .blend files for blender. Be sure to PM me if you have any doubts.

Comment

You can get any autodesk product free for 3 years with a student email address here.

students.autodesk.com

Comment

ok,i have a student email,but i currently plan in two years to go to another college for game design,when i get another studennt email their,will i be able to get another 3 years?

Comment

No clue, thats a question for autodesk.

Comment

how would i ask them

Comment

By seeking a e-mail or contact form via google on their website

Comment

check my website.im always adding more stuff.allbeit slowly.

Comment

gaz661 you're the man!

Comment

Working...
                              X