Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UDK - DLLBind: Embedded database (SQLite,MySQL) v3.1.0.2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hi Black,

    Is there an ETA on when the next update (including the remote database connection/management) code will be released?

    Thanks!

    Comment


    • New version released, due to a lack of personal time, and there weren't anybody contacting me for a testing job, this version isn't fully tested and the example is just a very small view on what you will be able to do!

      Check out inital thread post for Download!

      Comment


      • even if I probably never use this, I want to say thanks for releasing it

        Comment


        • good News, Thank you.
          SQL the database file can be applied?

          Comment


          • Due to a request by Dan Cowell I updated the version and added the source codes, missed it before (I'm sorry for this).

            New version 3.1.0.2 (more or less HotFix) is available in the initial post!

            Best regards

            Comment


            • hey man, great work.

              BUT we found an huge issue! We used MySql to save a hash encrypted password, wich works fine. But the SELECT statement always crashes the whole thing.

              We found out that you cannot SELECT a varchar that has more than 15 characters with MySql!! It works with SQLite though.


              We really hope that you can fix it, because we write an online application that really needs a SQL Server.


              Thanks in advance.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by DennyRocket View Post
                hey man, great work.

                BUT we found an huge issue! We used MySql to save a hash encrypted password, wich works fine. But the SELECT statement always crashes the whole thing.

                We found out that you cannot SELECT a varchar that has more than 15 characters with MySql!! It works with SQLite though.


                We really hope that you can fix it, because we write an online application that really needs a SQL Server.


                Thanks in advance.
                Oh, that is strange....will investigate, thanks!

                Comment


                • Hey, thanks for your fast reply. I just found another strange thing in the file DB_DataProvider.uc. At the end of the three methods Insert, Delete and Update you call the method Select(), wich causes problems too. I commented it out and now it works properly again. What is the purope of this line? :P


                  UPDATE:

                  The SELECT statement for SQLite doesn't throw an error, but it also just returns 16 chars at max. The hashed pw is stored in the db with all 32 characters.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by DennyRocket View Post
                    Hey, thanks for your fast reply. I just found another strange thing in the file DB_DataProvider.uc. At the end of the three methods Insert, Delete and Update you call the method Select(), wich causes problems too. I commented it out and now it works properly again. What is the purope of this line? :P


                    UPDATE:

                    The SELECT statement for SQLite doesn't throw an error, but it also just returns 16 chars at max. The hashed pw is stored in the db with all 32 characters.

                    The Select() is only added to "update" your dataprovider after updating the database.
                    And the 16 out of 32 chars sounds like a Unicode/Non-Unicode mismatch. Whats your character set and collation?

                    Comment


                    • Hi, we tested ucs2_general, utf8_general, and latin 1_swedish(for some weird reason^^) in MySql. None of them work.

                      It still keeps crashing when we try to SELECT a varchar that is longer than 15 chars.

                      Inserts via QueryDatabase work properly with MySql, but using the DataProvider with binding does not insert anything(it always tells us that our first column can not be null).



                      Edit:

                      Hi again, I just want to ask how the chances are that you can fix this within the next two weeks? Because a working database is really important to us and we maybe have to write our own alternative dllbind, but again, we would really like to use your existing stuff.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by DennyRocket View Post
                        Hi, we testet ucs2_general, utf8_general, and latin 1_swedish(for some weird reason^^) in MySql. None of them works.

                        It still keeps crashing when we try to SELECT a varchar that is longer than 15 chars.

                        Inserts via QueryDatabase work properly with MySql, but using the DataProvider with binding does not insert anything(it always tells us that our first column can not be null).



                        Edit:

                        Hi again, I just want to ask how the chances are that you can fix this within the next two weeks? Because a working database is really important to us and we maybe have to write our own alternative dllbind, but again, we would really like to use your existing stuff.
                        Don't worry, will deal with it this week

                        Comment


                        • Hey man, I just wanted to let you know that we developed our own, small scale, MySQL interface. So there is no need to hurry

                          Comment


                          • I have also a crash issue when i do a getStringVal from what i selected from the database ,


                            my log is recovering the right data but my game is crashing after that , is there a way to debug this ?

                            Comment


                            • Hey there, i'm developing an MMO and you seem to know alot about the server side of things, i was wondering, in what one of your unreal script classes that came with this:

                              http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...3-1-0-2/page13

                              Should i query my database? My database is on a web server by the way i made it using php my admin, i know lol... But is that possible? Than once iv'e made my tables in SQL and implemented them and their functions into the unreal script, i can reference the classes in your embedded database in kismet?

                              Is all of that possible? Also how similar is php to action script, you know i'm just trying to make a simple login system with an email, id, pass, 4 stats & a login menu which shuold be simple enough... Thanks so much man! =)


                              Or do i have to make the DB with SQLite... =(

                              Comment


                              • Hi guys, I've got problems running last release (version: 3.1.0.2):
                                Windows 7 raises an error for missing dll : msvcp100d.dll
                                I've tried to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) but it says I've already a never version...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X