Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, I'm looking forward to your project and how you use the databases

Comment

A question: is it possible for the databases to be user/password protected?

I want to provide to my players the possibility to mod the game. To do that, I want the main game/DBs to be protected,
      and the users can make additional content(quests, items ...) by creating additional DBs and adding them to the ini.

This way it will be harder for most of them to break the main game.

Comment

You protect the db with password, your users will just reverse engineer the dll and find the password, does really take much time.

While it does protect from a certain amount of users to mess with the file, those who want to do it, will do it.

Maybe add a CRC check system to check the db's CRC (date check perhaps?) and password/username, dll protection (pack it, dont know if UDK can load the dll if you do) but then again, everything is crackable, question is, how much time you wish to spend on it, as breaking it wont take the guys who really want to break it long time.

Comment

Any form of encryption will be useless as both encryption and decryption would need to be stored in the application, so it's nothing more than security through obscurity. The same applies to using hashing mechanisms for tamper resistance. You cannot really protect data which is read and written from the same device.

Comment

I just want it to have basic protection, that will help in most cases against accidental alteration of the tables.
            I know that if someone wants to do it, I cant stop them.
            I will even make the user/pass public for those, that really want to mod this way.

But the way I will try to design it, is to be able to alter the data, without changing the base tables.
            This way they can alter the game , but going back to a clean state will be as easy,
            as removing/commenting out a line from the .ini

Comment

Hello BlackHornet80, no update since last version ? is this project still alive ?

Comment

Originally posted by UT2007 View Post
                Hello BlackHornet80, no update since last version ? is this project still alive ?
                does it need to be updated?

Comment

How come when I download the top link of yours I get a zip with nothing in there but a non-specified filetype with no extension?

Comment

Same here. I also found no sign of the read me in the project or dllbind download.

Methinks we are missing something terribly obvious...

Comment

I just discovered this. Wow! This is exactly what I need for the RPG I am working on.

Thanks big time for creating it. I imagine you have helped a lot of people.

Comment

Yes. Thank you. This is amazingly helpful.

As for the people who had trouble downloading it, I just re-downloaded it to check and it worked fine. The download should point to a 'SQLProject2010.zip', and the zip has 2 folders and a readme.txt file. if it's not downloading right, I'd suggest trying a different browser maybe. But, it does work.

Comment

mhm can i use this dll on the 64bit version of the udk?

//edit isn't working for me on a 64 bit system using the udk august build, i get an error message about cant bind to UDKProjectDLL.dll

Comment

Originally posted by Wyldhunt View Post
                            Yes. Thank you. This is amazingly helpful.

As for the people who had trouble downloading it, I just re-downloaded it to check and it worked fine. The download should point to a 'SQLProject2010.zip', and the zip has 2 folders and a readme.txt file. if it's not downloading right, I'd suggest trying a different browser maybe. But, it does work.
                            Hi Wyld,

That was the file I downloaded. Inside was a file named SQLProject2010 with no extension, and no readme.

I'll bet this has to do with extraction. I used 7-Zip. Which program did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by westclif View Post
                              mhm can i use this dll on the 64bit version of the udk?

//edit isn't working for me on a 64 bit system using the udk august build, i get an error message about cant bind to UDKProjectDLL.dll
                              You would need to at the very least, compile a 64-bit version of the DLL. However, keep in mind, that the Editor is the only "official" 64-bit component, if you run the game in 64-bit you may be missing other things that are not implemented. (I don't know what those might be, sorry)

Comment

Originally posted by TMichael View Post
                                I'll bet this has to do with extraction. I used 7-Zip. Which program did you use?
                                I use Winrar

Comment

Working...
                                X