Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UDK - DLLBind: Embedded database (SQLite,MySQL) v3.1.0.2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet if you look at it for a minute or two, you'll figure it out, CHaos..

Comment

Check your PM's Hornet

Comment

Originally posted by Blade[UG] View Post
        I bet if you look at it for a minute or two, you'll figure it out, CHaos..
        After fixing that I have another error:

F:\UDK4\Binaries\..\Development\Src\MyMod\Classes\ SQLProject_Example.uc : Error, Bad class definition 'SQLProject_Defines'.static.initString(30);'/''/3483/3483

Comment

Just released version 1.0.5.1 with some new functions for basic IO handling (but experimental).
          Directory functions: directoryExists, createDirectory, deleteDirectory
          File functions: fileExists, removeFile

And new functions added to the DLL Interface accessing query result columns via param name (see example).

@Chaosnet
          Looks like you strip of the class identifier...
          class'SQLProject_Defines'.static.initString(30);

Comment

Latest version built fine for me but I don't know how to use it, so can you provide some tutorials how can we use it. Thanks for this SQL feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaosnet View Post
              Latest version built fine for me but I don't know how to use it, so can you provide some tutorials how can we use it. Thanks for this SQL feature.
              Big boss, if you are not ready for this start with INI saving, alien swarm did it and their game wasnt less popular for that.

To answer you, the zip is coming already with an example, function are self explanatory even if some need 3 to 5 min of analysis and thinking. May be you need some database logic before using this, i suggest you to take MSDE express and try building database program using OCX oledb data provider, that is doing exactly the same as our friend blackhornet80. I used ado.net and oledb data provider on VS2005 express and it needed the same step as blackhornet80 is doing, so i am quite familiar with the concept and logic. I suggest to start from there, is not taking all the days as microsoft have very good small examples and 24h free courses on how to build a database program (not db but program to access a db through the provider given in OCX by them)

Best regards

Comment

Originally posted by UT2007 View Post
                Big boss, if you are not ready for this start with INI saving, alien swarm did it and their game wasnt less popular for that.

To answer you, the zip is coming already with an example, function are self explanatory even if some need 3 to 5 min of analysis and thinking. May be you need some database logic before using this, i suggest you to take MSDE express and try building database program using OCX oledb data provider, that is doing exactly the same as our friend blackhornet80. I used ado.net and oledb data provider on VS2005 express and it needed the same step as blackhornet80 is doing, so i am quite familiar with the concept and logic. I suggest to start from there, is not taking all the days as microsoft have very good small examples and 24h free courses on how to build a database program (not db but program to access a db through the provider given in OCX by them)

Best regards
                I didn't say 24h free courses, only need an information that how can we connect our game class with SQL class and how can we use SQL commands in game. Should we use them in console or should we just run the "function TestDatabase()" to see the result

Thank you.

Comment

I will make a short tutorial with a GameInfo using the DLLBind functions in the near future for UDKC.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

For everybody who is interesed in the sources...i released my source under the NewBSD license, you can download the zip or access the sources via svn.

Links for download/checkout are added to the first post of this thread (http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=726137).

There are NO functional changed from 1.0.5.1 to 2.0.0.0, I changed the version number due to license change

Comment

Was there any specific reason why you chose to use sqlite instead of others like postgresql and also fire bird ect ... I am just curious because I don't know that much about sql databases.

Comment

yeah, sqlite does not require a seperate server software, and is absolutely 100% free (bsd license i think) for any use

Comment

As Blade said, i choose SQLite because its a non-zero configuration database with easy access via database files, where you dont have to install/start a server to use the database.

But due to the reason its open source now, everybody is free to add own databasedrivers which can be easily added to the whole package.

In that case i would be glad if you send me your changes, and i will merge them into the project.

Comment

New released version 2.0.1.0 available as package and on SVN

Comment

InitSQLDriver Error

Do you have any problems during Play In Editor while Initializing the Database?
                                I made a function that contains the Initialization code according to the example code, and it's called after a particular level finishes streaming. The first time in PIE, it works perfectly, but if I run PIE again (without closing the Editor), it hangs and crashes UDK.
                                Running PIE after restarting the Editor before each playthrough, or playing as a standalone game works perfectly.

Could you please tell if the same problem occurs at your end?
                                Is it because I don't close the Database connection before exiting the PIE game? I tried to add the SQL_closeDatabase(int) function before the game closes, but that function doesn't work either. It hangs the moment I call it.

EDIT: The specific line at which it hangs is : mDLLAPI.SQL_initSQLDriver(SQLDrv_SQLite);
                                I don't know if there's any way to add it to a editor based singular function (which will run only once when the editor is started, instead of starting everytime I run the game), or perhaps your C++ code might be able to perform such a check?

Log of errors:
                                Code:
                                [0046.15] SQLDriver: Initializing SQLite Driver
                                [0049.32] Log: === Critical error: ===
                                Fatal error!

Address = 0x584d536d (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-2010-05\Binaries\Win32\UserCode\UDKProjectDLL.DLL]
                                Address = 0x584d14ad (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-2010-05\Binaries\Win32\UserCode\UDKProjectDLL.DLL]
                                Address = 0x779fc263 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]
                                Address = 0x19ad99a  (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-2010-05\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
                                Address = 0x19ad833  (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-2010-05\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
                                Address = 0x58c569   (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-2010-05\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
                                Address = 0x58e9dd   (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-2010-05\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
                                Address = 0x58e9dd   (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-2010-05\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]

Comment

Working...
                                X