Planet Shader V1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planet Shader V1

Ok going to release this to the comunity please read the ReadMe file Attached!

You can download this from my site www.jodygallagher.co.uk on the downloads page.

Thanks guys and remember this is still in pretty early stages so just let me know oof any problems or changes youd like thanks.

Jody

Originally posted by gokzor View Post
    Ok going to release this to the comunity please read the ReadMe file Attached!

You can download this from my site www.jodygallagher.co.uk on the downloads page.

Thanks guys and remember this is still in pretty early stages so just let me know oof any problems or changes youd like thanks.

Jody

Can we get a better general description of this planet shader program?

Comment

Ahh of course sorry! Well its a material shader for unreal that lets you create planets for your space games, menus, levels or whatever you need planets for. You can paint on terain and water using unreals vertex painting or if you create the model in your 3d modeling app, then you can export the model from there with vertex painting already on.

To get more info check out this post...

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=712020

Jody

Comment

If anyone does any cool planets, post up some screenshots

Comment

Very nice man. They look great. I will surely use one or more of them at some point. Thanks for the hard work and effort. These look great, and I have always been a stickler for planets

I'll report in one day where I used what Proabaly will end in a UT3 map

Great job

Comment

My pleasure! glad you apreciate it

your map DM-UC2-Horizon_2010 is ace btw!

Comment

wow, it look nice, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Wowsa, thanks! I think because its here under releases/mirrors it's not getting the love it deserves, but very cool man. I think people check this forum a lot, lot less. Thanks!

Comment

Ah i remember seeing this while in development... I love it, looks awesome and really well done! Thanks for releasing it )

Comment

looks very interesting, i dont have time to test it now but i will put it on the todo list.

thanks for the heads up.

Comment

nice work! its really amazing.

Comment

Beauty, I know you just made alot of peoples day *props*

Comment

This looks sexy... dwnloading

Comment

Great work man!

Made a shader for xna:

What it does is that it rotates a sphere and by using photos of earth (taken by nasa satelites (see link below) ) it blends between day and night. I used an image of cloud coverage also, which just rotates (a little faster than the sphere). And i tried to make an "atmosphere" in the direction of the light source (this could probably need some work though).

If you want i could see about trying to get it into udk. Or if you want to put in the work yourself then the link below should be all that you need:

http://visibleearth.nasa.gov/view_se...ategoryID=2363

Comment

Nice work! I have introduced some of your ideas into the shader which ill upload later this evening hopefully. Mainly the night day blending. Thanks for the idea

Jody

Comment

Working...
                              X