Skaarj

Default God of War meets The Last of Us

Hey been lurking around here and seeing some nice stuff, thought I'd post up an image of my work in progress UDK level.

As the title states, this is heavily inspired by God of War and The Last of Us. Majority of the assets are custom so far, but as you can see the vegetation and rocks need to be rebuilt.

The goal of this is to have a small slice of a game level which will eventually have breakdowns of modeling/materials/lighting techniques. Also a good way to get my skills caught up with the rest of you.

Still a lot of work to be done but here's a panoramic view of the entire level so far!

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

The small thumbnail doesn't do it justice so plz click on it!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Looks amazing so far bro, look really epic! lol, can't wait to see the final version of this - be sure to post in the 'Released Projects' section of the forums so I can take a look! =D

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, welcome to the forums! =D
    Last edited by Thomasmul10; 07-06-2013 at 12:04 PM.
    'Victory is reserved only for those willing to pay its price.'

Work With UDK: (slightly outdated, more coming soon...)
    Elemental Essence
    Isiris City

Skaarj

Thanks for the comments! This project is coming along slowly but I'm hoping I will finish it sooner or later.

Just a slight update, added some red flags, enlarged and added the statue casings, finished modelling the floor just need to get it ready for vertex painting. Lots of stuff to do still ...

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Skaarj

Still plugging away, did some ground work. Starting to get that Castlevania vibe.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tanx100 PSN ID: HawkX4

Holy ****! I am really loving the art style of this game. I just hope the gameplay is just as promising (Most important element of an effective game). Assuming this is going to be in an actual indie or AAA game.
    Franklin Iheanacho - Unrealscript Programmer/3D Environmental Artist

Renegade X - http://www.renegade-x.com/
    Army Men III - http://armymen3.com/
    Neotl Empire - http://www.lordihean.net

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: daimakupikoro PSN ID: lone_vampire

very good work, looks very awesome !
    http://vincenzoravo.vrs.com.ve http://www.slaughtermaze.com

please don't fill my inbox with questions, ask in the forum, the answers will help you and others !!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Epic level is epic.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Looks Awesome, carry on the good work!

Skaarj

Havent had much time to work on this unfortunately, but decided to redo some of the composition. I'm slowly replacing the stock UDK assets with my own. Also decided to block in some statues to lead the player outside.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The1EyedGuide PSN ID: The1EyedGuide

Looks great, looking forward to seeing more!

Skaarj

Quick update, almost wrapping this one up

MSgt. Shooter Person

OH...MY....GLOB!!!!!! THAT IS INCREDIBLE! I mean, I really dig fantasy stuff, but that is truly unique. Might I ask how much experience you have doing this stuff? I always picture my environments being as epic as that, but they never really translate from my head to the screen as well as I hope they would. =P
    Last edited by Thomasmul10; 09-15-2013 at 02:08 PM.
    'Victory is reserved only for those willing to pay its price.'

Work With UDK: (slightly outdated, more coming soon...)
    Elemental Essence
    Isiris City

Skaarj

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasmul10 View Post
    OH...MY....GLOB!!!!!! THAT IS INCREDIBLE! I mean, I really dig fantasy stuff, but that is truly unique. Might I ask how much experience you have doing this stuff? I always picture my environments being as epic as that, but they never really translate from my head to the screen as well as I hope they would. =P
    Hey thanks for the comments! I've worked in the games industry as a level designer for numerous years but I've always had a passion for art particularly epic environments lol it just takes alot of time and experimentation to really get your vision in a game engine (i started this project way back dec 2012 :P)