Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,080 of 1724
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: InFaMuS KikAidA

Quote Originally Posted by DenyThisFlesh View Post
    Your ranks and what you did on Gears 3 are irrelevant. Rifles were easy to use on Gears 3 due to active reload damage boost and stopping power.

As for Judgment, the rifles were balanced, because they worked at the ranges they were designed for. Like I posted in another thread, if you're using a rifle and someone is approaching you with a Gnasher your first move should be to create distance between you and that enemy. If you don't and allow the enemy to get into Gnasher range, you should lose that battle. If you're using a rifle, you should also be avoiding areas of the maps that are predominantly CQC. If you don't, you should get dominated by Gnasher users. What you're saying is that you want to be able to use any weapon in all situations and not be punished for making a poor decision. That's not balance.
    LMAO... Gears 1 to 3... so yes you are making my point... whilst it seems you don't have a clue you are. Also it seems you cant read... as you seem to still think I need a lesson in how to play. Which leads me to my final point, I am now 192 over all in GOWJ free for all... 94% kills with the gnasher, because the rifles were useless before the buffer with a KD of 2.3... *sigh*

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tallikz

in execution boomshot would be fine if placed in an area that teams have to fight for it and reduced to 2 shots
    Last edited by MeTalliiKz; 04-07-2013 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTalliiKz View Post
    in execution boomshot would be fine if placed in an area that teams have to fight for it and reduced to 2 shots
    I agree. Rig NEEDS to have the boomshot back with reduced ammo or at least another power weapon because rig is just a camp fest right now without a power weapon there.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Crazymc007

The damage buff for lancer is abit too much. I try to close down on a lone lancer and he manages to spot me his lancer and enough ammo and enough damage without stopping power to kill even though im dodging and weaving. At launch the lancer needed a little buff but the retro was perfect from midrage. Now the lancer is not OP but im seeing it a lot more frequent. Lancer is not a CQC weapon it shouldnt be if i manage to get in close to i should be rewarded and get my kill.

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DenyThisFlesh

@Infamus I never said you needed a lesson in how to play. You obviously don't. Your rank and stats are still irrelevant to this discussion though. If you pretty much only play FFA, which seems to be the case based on your posts, then the Lancer isn't going to be the best option most of the time, because it's more of a support weapon than a slaying weapon. At least it was before the buff. Now it's an easy weapon to kill with at almost all ranges, which isn't balanced at all.
    Thank you to Gear1987 for my Savage Grenadier Elite!
    Thank you to IBLEEDgears for the Jungle Tai!
    Thank you to Gears_Of_Law for the Judgment Team Metal code!
    Thank you to III LYCAN III for the Alex Brand code!
    Proud father as of 10:54pm(central time) on 7/27/2010

i was just passing by to please ask 2 things: Please change the event on gears 3, is this the judgment forum? yes...but thats my second point, lets pretend that this game never happen and get back to gears 3, we have like 4000-5000 people on TDM, but it would be nice more people

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Envy GoldnA

Epic knows what to do. Keep listening to our feedback and you guys keep working together! Judgment is great and still needs some work. My opinion, Gnasher needs a 5% increase. That's my idea. Oh yeah, I have 1 request, This map has been through all Gears games(Gridlock) and I really miss it! Please Jim, can you and the rest of Epic bring Gridlock back?

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by Zerg GoldnA View Post
    Epic knows what to do. Keep listening to our feedback and you guys keep working together! Judgment is great and still needs some work. My opinion, Gnasher needs a 5% increase. That's my idea. Oh yeah, I have 1 request, This map has been through all Gears games(Gridlock) and I really miss it! Please Jim, can you and the rest of Epic bring Gridlock back?
    As an old GOW1 buddy of mine said, "I can't wait to pay for Gridlock for the fourth time"
    All of my comments come from an Execution players perspective, and change for the sake of change is not progression.

Must have no brains to put out a game and have 14 playlists so no one can ever find a full lobby. Fix it or I'm done there is no need for VIP or DLC playlists. Absolutely ridiculous

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ali Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Lights View Post
    Must have no brains to put out a game and have 14 playlists so no one can ever find a full lobby. Fix it or I'm done there is no need for VIP or DLC playlists. Absolutely ridiculous
    I completely agree with Lights on this one.

Fix the playlists as soon as humanly possible. The fact that I have to play with some of my friends in Standard and some of my friends in VIP is silly. I find myself reluctant to play with my friends on XBL because if I do I'll be at a loss of XP for every match I play with them. The only way I make up for the balance is by playing against the newer players that are predominantly in standard and going < 20 - > 6 in every match, therefore taking the majority of the kills away from my teammates and doing all of the work.

I shouldn't have to plot my playing time according to who has a pass and what playlists they have access to. It's ridiculous.
    Shche ne vmerla Ukraina! [ - ]
    Thank you all!
    PopeAdrian37th - Paintball Skin | Larry Lipschitz - Classic HB | KrackerKid - Neon Skin |

does anyone have a link/direction to the jim brown/raczilla response to the weapon buffs?

edit: nvm just found it...i think.

http://www.twitch.tv/epicgames/b/386623543
    Last edited by joal0503; 04-07-2013 at 07:02 PM.
    I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement

"DBNOs? Where we're going, we don't need DBNOs."

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by joal0503 View Post
    does anyone have a link/direction to the jim brown/raczilla response to the weapon buffs?
    Not sure if your talking about this or not.. but here you go

http://www.twitch.tv/epicgames/b/386623543

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAAMzilla

Is it just Me? Or does this thread and the other one concerning the recent rifle power buff sort of come across as a recognition that EPIC are rapidly losing players and are looking for ways to bring them back? Likely not of course, could just be Me being overtly negative, but the thought jumped in there and wouldn't go away. I mean, they've already made the exact same mistake with Judgement as they did with Gears 3 by segregating the community far too much with completely pointless playlists.

I can't stress enough that a DLC exclusive playlist over the heads of 1 map which is free to download is stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by v i t z View Post
    bAAstard.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: the grassninja

Quote Originally Posted by Akeen 7000 View Post
    The rifle buff really helped make this a balanced game. It also allows people who liked Lancers to feel comfortable using them again. The game used to be a "Gnasher Fest" because most players felt that using the Gnasher was the only way you had a chance to win. Good Gnasher users are still dominating, so there's no need to go back on your decision.
    The Gnasher is fun to use, period, and that's the real reason its use has been so prevalent across all four Gears titles. Good players have always known, despite what most players felt, that to win you had to become proficient with all of the tools in your arsenal, which until Judgement included both a rifle and shotgun. Good Gnasher users, though maybe not the best per se, are usually also good rifle users, have good movement, good map knowledge, and are smart enough to know when to swap weapons to fit the scenario they are currently facing.

Quote Originally Posted by seoul star View Post
    Gnasher: In Gears 3, I always felt when you hard aimed, the spread was more tight. In Judgment, it seems like the spread is loose at all times, regardless if you hip fire or hard aim. I'm sorry, but the gnasher in Judgment is reminiscent of the Halo 2 shotgun. How many times do I have to shoot to kill someone? >
    The spread now is most definitely loose regardless of ranger or aiming. The pellets are split between both inside and outside of the crosshairs as soon as they leave the weapon... er, screen.

Quote Originally Posted by InFaMuS KiKAidA View Post
    Your point is?
    Saying that this is a shooting game, not a Gnasher game, despite knowing that the Gnasher is a gun, which by definition makes it something that shoots, is a nonsensical argument.

Quote Originally Posted by RΛVMzilla View Post
    Is it just Me? Or does this thread and the other one concerning the recent rifle power buff sort of come across as a recognition that EPIC are rapidly losing players and are looking for ways to bring them back? Likely not of course, could just be Me being overtly negative, but the thought jumped in there and wouldn't go away. I mean, they've already made the exact same mistake with Judgement as they did with Gears 3 by segregating the community far too much with completely pointless playlists.

I can't stress enough that a DLC exclusive playlist over the heads of 1 map which is free to download is stupid.
    I can't concur enough with this. There are a total of 5 MP gametypes, with around 12 different playslists that still only contain those 5 types, and that's before you split between Ranked and QM. It feels almost as if they don't want people to play with each other. I know on the stream they mentioned Ranked being for those people who would prefer to suffer longer search times for better connection and skill matchmaking, but wouldn't it be easier to make those toggle preferences a la Halo?
    "I am so clever that sometimes I don’t understand a single word of what I am saying." --Oscar Wilde

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by grassninja View Post
    The Gnasher is fun to use, period, and that's the real reason its use has been so prevalent across all four Gears titles. Good players have always known, despite what most players felt, that to win you had to become proficient with all of the tools in your arsenal, which until Judgement included both a rifle and shotgun. Good Gnasher users, though maybe not the best per se, are usually also good rifle users, have good movement, good map knowledge, and are smart enough to know when to swap weapons to fit the scenario they are currently facing.

The spread now is most definitely loose regardless of ranger or aiming. The pellets are split between both inside and outside of the crosshairs as soon as they leave the weapon... er, screen.

Saying that this is a shooting game, not a Gnasher game, despite knowing that the Gnasher is a gun, which by definition makes it something that shoots, is a nonsensical argument.

I can't concur enough with this. There are a total of 5 MP gametypes, with around 12 different playslists that still only contain those 5 types, and that's before you split between Ranked and QM. It feels almost as if they don't want people to play with each other. I know on the stream they mentioned Ranked being for those people who would prefer to suffer longer search times for better connection and skill matchmaking, but wouldn't it be easier to make those toggle preferences a la Halo?
    Love the Logic! LOL nice one!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: S1r smok3 a lo7

about the lancer buff it should be taken off that isnt weapon balance. in previous gears the weapons were pretty balanced they BOTH had FLAWS. it this games the lancer has all the advantage now how is that balance? lancer are not meant for CQC that's what the gansher was for. gnasher users knew that if ur too far switch to AR or get closer the same goes for lancer users the person is to close get away or switch weapons it doesn't get more balanced then that.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xS1cK WaRRioR

One other issue which is getting quite annoying. The way someone shots you, hurts you by your ass cheek then hits B... you die.. The melee after shooting is too fast an the melee itself is just to darn powerful. Either lower the damage of the melee(which I suggest) OR you can't melee as fast after you shoot(or both!)

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...0#post31230480
    Last edited by xS1ckWarrior; 04-08-2013 at 09:31 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WHlTE KNIGHT

I just want more mp maps, bored really and I feel the game needs atleast another 5 mp maps.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to ship with only 4 needs to be sacked, all the people I know have traded the game in due to this and I am losing faith day by day in this aswell.

Thanks guys, loving the feedback. The changes haven't bothered me. If anything they just make me a wiser player. I try to play with all weapons, but have noticed some raging on the part of the gnasher users. They definitely have had the most changes to contend with. But as you said yourself 80% of kills are gnasher kills, so they seem to be adjusting just fine.

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I BChaps I

I for one thnk FFA sort of killed this game a bit.
    I love FFA, and its my most played mode...but...
    The introduction of FFA created this mindset that all weapons should be equal.

In GoW1 and 2, the rifles were support weapons. They were used for covering fire. Also, if a team used them together, they could be deadly.
    With the increased damage now, and the one man army mindset, the team aspect of the game has gone down hill.

It would be great if the rifles could return to their old purpose in team based MP, but stay powerful in FFA (though it does bring incosistancy)
    --- --- Gears 1 = 1160/1250 --- --- \\★//Gears 2 = 1750/1750 \\★// --- ---
    --- --- \\★//Gears 3 = 1900/2000 \\★// --- --- 608 Gears J = 1500/1500 608 --- ---
    EPIC Community Reaper July 1, 20013 -- August 20, 2013
    VT---VT---VT---VT---VT---Hokies---VT---VT---VT---VT---VT

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Black RL

Quote Originally Posted by bchaps View Post
    I for one thnk FFA sort of killed this game a bit.
    I love FFA, and its my most played mode...but...
    The introduction of FFA created this mindset that all weapons should be equal.

In GoW1 and 2, the rifles were support weapons. They were used for covering fire. Also, if a team used them together, they could be deadly.
    With the increased damage now, and the one man army mindset, the team aspect of the game has gone down hill.

It would be great if the rifles could return to their old purpose in team based MP, but stay powerful in FFA (though it does bring incosistancy)
    OR 2 weapon loadout
    Want to have a good laugh? Check my Gears memes thread!

Rush fast, die faster.

Bring back Locust!!!

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I BChaps I

Quote Originally Posted by Black RL View Post
    OR 2 weapon loadout
    Yes...that also would solve a ton.

Balance the rifles. (support and team fire)
    Balance the shotguns. (lone wolf and finisher)

They don't need to be balanced with eachother.
    --- --- Gears 1 = 1160/1250 --- --- \\★//Gears 2 = 1750/1750 \\★// --- ---
    --- --- \\★//Gears 3 = 1900/2000 \\★// --- --- 608 Gears J = 1500/1500 608 --- ---
    EPIC Community Reaper July 1, 20013 -- August 20, 2013
    VT---VT---VT---VT---VT---Hokies---VT---VT---VT---VT---VT

2 weapon load out is most important
    Gears of war 72364 kills 2.6 k/d
    Gears 2 126498 kills 1.6 k/d
    Gears 3 179142 kills 2.7 k/d

Thank you for the update! I don't wanna sound like I am *****ing, cause im not. This is my favorite Gears yet but there are somethings that I feel need some adjustments (Trust me when I say it needs adjusting, ive been playing since Gears 1 and have remained an avid Gears fan since) First would be the shield. it cant seriously be realistic to carry any weapon with that shield. It is very hard to kill someone using a shield with standard starting weapons and I feel it is not balanced. 2nd. Although the melee took a significant decrease in stun time, I still feel it does so much damage that it is still easier to double melee someone down than to just shoot them. I still feel this is something that needs adjusting. other than that I feel that all the other weapons are very well balanced and the gameplay is very balanced. Again I dont wanna sound like a complaint cause its not! I just want this to continue to be the best gears to date! OOOOhhh also... We really need more maps. GOW3 released 4 maps with the beta...Thats all we have to play on in judgement. (minus haven but i dont count that since i play ranked tdm and am forced to play standard so i dont get to play haven even) Like i said i love everything else about this game!!!!!!!

Ok folks, exciting changes happening today (may already be live as I type):

- All rifles being reverted to values they were at ship
    - Stun on smoke grenades being converted to match melee stun (reduces stun from 2 seconds to 0.3 seconds)
    - Stumble after falling from high distance also getting slight reduction in length (ongoing effort to remove bad stun issues from game)
    - Smoke martyr being removed for reals (didn't take last time)

Thanks for your input!
    Jim Brown
    Lead Level Designer
    Epic Games

@EntropicDev

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Black RL

Even if I dont agree with everything I salut you for engaging the community, congrats and thanks!
    Want to have a good laugh? Check my Gears memes thread!

Rush fast, die faster.

Bring back Locust!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: t0nyg0al

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post

- Stun on smoke grenades being converted to match melee stun (reduces stun from 2 seconds to 0.3 seconds)
    - Stumble after falling from high distance also getting slight reduction in length (ongoing effort to remove bad stun issues from game)

Thanks for your input!
    Jim, you are the man!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Aceeh PSN ID: Aceeh_

good choices! with this changes i am sure gow j is getting better keep like that.

Redeemer

Thanks for your input!
    And so Smoke grenades were killed. I used Smokes a lot in the first couple weeks but with all the nerfs I can say without a doubt that I will never touch a Smoke again. All the nerfs to Smokes and Stims have pretty much made Frags the only real option. Inks are decent but easily avoidable and, let's be honest, Spots just aren't worth it. I don't know, it's hard to believe that the community and developers have gone so far out of the way to nerf non-lethal Smoke grenades. Guess my loadouts will exclusively feature the Frag.
    Thanks to Reaver Liem for the Jungle Tai code!
    Thanks to CaptainSlayer for the Neon Armor Skin!

Thanks for your input!
    Awesome! good to hear thanks for listening

Thanks for your input!
    just the riles are being reverted? the pistol was also buffed and the gnasher had its rate of fire slightly decreased. I would like to see these set back to launch as well

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: dannyjo22

Awesome back to gnashers of war. Listening to thread after thread of whinging rather than the actual game stats. Oh well unlike the whingers I will just suck it up go play something else and when the game is dead and you get no new players you only have yourselves to blame

No one actually posted evidence of them owning with the easy noob lancer, yet you take the whinging as evidence over stats, really, lol

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptTranquilSkye PSN ID: Altima-san

Thanks for your input!
    Nice! Thanks for the good word, Jim.

And input on if there is any change being considered to the melee damage? Or even just other incoming changes?
    The gamer formerly known as SkyeFire Hero and COG Azure Skye.
    Codes recieved(Will never forget the generosity...) - mcintoshPaintball weapon skin, Parasidian: Young Dom, CaptainSlayer: Neon armor skin, Zales360: Alex Brand, III SKYE III(Myself): Big Game weapon skin and Jungle Tai, Dead Cell Raam: Anya Stroud, Eridanis Nadir: Team Metal weapon skin.
    The Unofficial thread for the revival of King of the Hill!

Redeemer

So it is gnasher only again. Yea..... People whined because they couldnt just run straight line with gnasher anymore. Glad it is back.
    "You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years, yet have little of account to show your efforts. Such failure must be as depressing to bear as it is pathetic to behold."
    Dark Souls veteran. I played Gears because of locust...

yes what about the reverse 2 piece?

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: A S S IM A IN

Thanks Jim. You have been great.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    A S S IM A IN
    Carry me. I stink.
    Read this thread for the truth.
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...the+op+gnasher

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Slaughterrific

Thanks for your input!
    Thank you very much!
    6 Year Gears player
    I actually play ranked solo sometimes

I have the first three seriously achievements... worth it.
    I dislike the concept of quick match. People leave after 1 game anyway.
    Do you want to improve your game? Maybe watch a commentary of some Gears Ranked?
    www.youtube.com/MrSlaughterrific

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ICookieCLOWN

Thanks for your input!
    Thanks for the update Jim.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: dannyjo22

What they should have actually done is made the update without telling everyone and saw if the whinging continued. That would have been more telling.

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CptTranquilSkye PSN ID: Altima-san

Quote Originally Posted by DannyW View Post
    What they should have actually done is made the update without telling everyone and saw if the whinging continued. That would have been more telling.
    Whining*....

That was driving me friggin nuts lol.
    The gamer formerly known as SkyeFire Hero and COG Azure Skye.
    Codes recieved(Will never forget the generosity...) - mcintoshPaintball weapon skin, Parasidian: Young Dom, CaptainSlayer: Neon armor skin, Zales360: Alex Brand, III SKYE III(Myself): Big Game weapon skin and Jungle Tai, Dead Cell Raam: Anya Stroud, Eridanis Nadir: Team Metal weapon skin.
    The Unofficial thread for the revival of King of the Hill!

Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast