MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Title update failure!!!! Backup your game!!!!

The title update has been out less than a couple hours now and issues are popping up very quickly on the foums in the masses,
    Prepare yourself and try to backup all of your data before its too late, You may be a lucky one that so far has had no issues but it still may happen,
    There are cases of campaign saves bieng reset, All COG Tags and level progress e.x. And what scares me the most there are apparently casses where people at re-up 5,6,7,8 that have been reset COMPLEATLY, As I said Prepare yourself so it dosent happen,

How do i backup my game?
    Well im quoting this from a post on another forum topic by Richardson94

To backup:
    Dashboard > System Settings > Cloud Storage > Enable Cloud Storage > Launch Judgment > Select Cloud Storage instead of your HDD > Start a game of any private mode > Quit out after a few seconds of moving around > Dashboard > Re-launch game > Should say "Syncing cloud storage" or something > select HDD as normal > Done.

^Repeat that from "Launch Judgment" every so often.

If you get reset:
    >System Settings > Storage > HDD > Judgment > Delete player data (64KB) > Launch Judgment > Select Cloud storage instead of HDD > Start a game of any private mode > Quit out after a few seconds of moving around > Dashboard > Re-launch game > Should say "Syncing cloud storage" or something > select HDD as normal > Done.

Make sure you see updating stats after each time you quit out of the private games

NOW, what the update was supposed to of patched was,
    Title Update Details

-Various dedicated server improvements.
    -Players no longer get stuck in the main menu background after playing three random matches.
    -Locusts no longer spawn at the second E-Hole on the first wave of Island.
    -Players will no longer get stuck inside of a Boom Shield that has been planted by an enemy player.
    -Players will no longer able to look down the scope with a Markza while holding a Meat Shield.
    -If a Locust destroys an objective at the same time the timer runs out in OverRun using Mercy rules, the match will not end early.
    -Fix for exclamation points not disappearing after viewing an unlocked character.
    -While holding a Meat Shield you will only need to tap B to melee.
    -The Meat Shield will now drop if you switch to the snub.
    -The ôSpray and Prayö ribbon can now be earned in the first round.
    -If the Boom Shield is disabled in weapon swap you will no longer see the icon in Tac-Com.
    -You will now earn the Team Savior ribbon for reviving three individual teammates in a single life.
    -Players can no longer chainsaw another player while holding the Boom Shield.
    -Improvements to the Hammer of Dawn targeting.
    -You will now see XP tallies between matches.

Anyway Im not sure if people got banned due to game fault or for breaking the games terms of use or Code of Conduct but i wouldent risk it, Play safe XD
    Post what you guys think about the issue below,

thanks,
    -Connor
    http://gamercard.zaamit.com/bigsiggr...04%20Pride.jpg
    I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement

Veteran
    Gears 1 1160/1250 | Gears 2 1750/1750 | Gears 3 1900/2000 | Bulletstorm 1000/1000
    Thank you Cher for the Lancer Avatar prop and the Minecraft skin pack! |Thank you NeillMcAttack for Commando Dom!| Thank you DarkAp89 for Mechanic Baird!| Thank you PopeAdrian37th for Jungle Tai and Neon!| Thank you I OU a Beatn for the Paintball Skin!| Thank you III LYCAN III for the Web Skin, the Classic Hammy and Marcus!|Thank you The Anya Bunni for Anya and Team Metal!|

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: radamanthyspl

The big questions is - now that the update is out you'll have to refuse to apply it, so you'll be signed out of live - will you still be able to use cloud to perform the backup?
    I removed my signature just cause I could.

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DarkRedScorpion

Quote Originally Posted by radamanthyspl View Post
    The big questions is - now that the update is out you'll have to refuse to apply it, so you'll be signed out of live - will you still be able to use cloud to perform the backup?
    if you are offline, you cannot access cloud

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Richardson94 PSN ID: Devizen

I got the update just fine with no reset.
    I gave 100 Paintball weapon skin codes out here -> http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...Cher-Approved)
    I make videos! Occasionally...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKyB...ature=youtu.be - Uploaded 8th March 2014.

It's been a fun ride. Thanks EPIC for creating the game we all love. Time to jump off and get a new train.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I think so as it will only kick you off XBL If you decline the update when you load gears Judgment, You will still be online when your on the dashboard, So im guessing you can back up your save from system settings on the dasboard,

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Kracker Kid View Post
    if you are offline, you cannot access cloud
    So this advice is a tiny bit late then. Those who didn't backup their data are out of luck.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Richardson94 View Post
    I got the update just fine with no reset.
    As i said, Theres a lucky few thats had no issues, I personally havent had an issure but its becoming clear that alot of people are getting effected

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CasuallyDressed

Too late, already applied the update and have been reset.

Nice one.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hooded Claw 006

I think what we should be asking is how many people who have downloaded have got reset after applying the update. It's probably only a couple.
    HUGE thanks to TAO Devil and Saxaphone18 for my Aftermath Era Baird 12th Feb 2013. HUGE thanks to DxM for my Jungle Tai character skin. 28th Feb 2013. HUGE thanks to Cher for my Cole Plushie.
    28th Feb 2013. HUGE thanks to poppirt for the Brisk Skin. 9th Mar 2013. HUGE thanks to TAO Devil for my Judgment Demo. 16th Mar 2013. HUGE thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Neon Skin 27th April 2013. HUGE thanks to III Lycan III for my Team Metal Skin 25th Aug 2013.
    Thanks to III Lycan III, Insane Rumbler and BRUTE for codes for my friend. I Helped The Community Banner awarded 9th Aug 2013.
    ***Gears of War 2 \\*// 6TH September 2010 -- Gears of War 3 Level 400 \\*// 18th July 2012 -- Embry Star - 11th December 2011 -- SERIOUSLY 3.0 - 1st June 2012 Seriously Judgmental - 27th March 2013***

MSgt. Shooter Person

So this advice is a tiny bit late then. Those who didn't backup their data are out of luck.
    Unfortunatly yes, This is posted to save any people who are yet to download it

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by CasuallyDressed View Post
    Too late, already applied the update and have been reset.

Nice one.
    Sorry but Issues only accur when its out, I cannot predict this, This is just a warning to anybody who is yet to download it,

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Hooded Claw 006 View Post
    I think what we should be asking is how many people who have downloaded have got reset after applying the update. It's probably only a couple.
    And if you view the forums more and more issues are bieng posted!
    The numbers are growing

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CHAOTIC NINJAZz

I got my insane play through taken away, I was 3 missions from completing it and all my stars have been taken away brill :/

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: scottofdarwen

Just loaded up judgment and backed up , but didnt need to once id downloaded the update my campaign is still there and everything else :-)

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Gaming 4 Pride View Post
    Unfortunatly yes, This is posted to save any people who are yet to download it
    No, those will probably get affected too - not applying the update signs you out, thus backing to the cloud is no longer possible. Usb maybe?

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FINAL BQSS

What a sh!stew. Now I'm asking myself if this game was meant to fail...
    They took away the Locust. They took away the executions. They took away the bleed out. They took away the beauty of the symmetry. They took away my love for the game. They took away my reason to be a Gearhead. They took away my identity... They took all that away to give 'casual players' an easier accessibility into our world. Thank you, Epic Games.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hooded Claw 006

Ok guys, best to do this. Just used this method and got the update and no data reset.

Move your file save onto a memory card/USB device and take it out of your XBox.Next load up the game with NO SAVE DATA. The update will download and then as you have no save data, it will re-download the last stats that were uploaded to the server. You should have everything. Just did this and I've lost nothing.
    HUGE thanks to TAO Devil and Saxaphone18 for my Aftermath Era Baird 12th Feb 2013. HUGE thanks to DxM for my Jungle Tai character skin. 28th Feb 2013. HUGE thanks to Cher for my Cole Plushie.
    28th Feb 2013. HUGE thanks to poppirt for the Brisk Skin. 9th Mar 2013. HUGE thanks to TAO Devil for my Judgment Demo. 16th Mar 2013. HUGE thanks to PopeAdrian37th for my Neon Skin 27th April 2013. HUGE thanks to III Lycan III for my Team Metal Skin 25th Aug 2013.
    Thanks to III Lycan III, Insane Rumbler and BRUTE for codes for my friend. I Helped The Community Banner awarded 9th Aug 2013.
    ***Gears of War 2 \\*// 6TH September 2010 -- Gears of War 3 Level 400 \\*// 18th July 2012 -- Embry Star - 11th December 2011 -- SERIOUSLY 3.0 - 1st June 2012 Seriously Judgmental - 27th March 2013***

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by scottofdarwen View Post
    Just loaded up judgment and backed up , but didnt need to once id downloaded the update my campaign is still there and everything else :-)
    Well its best to be safe

MSgt. Shooter Person

just so iv got this right you start a private game. Do you quit the game as in go back to main menu then go to dashboard. Or go straight from game to dashboard?

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Richardson94 PSN ID: Devizen

Quote Originally Posted by cardy View Post
    just so iv got this right you start a private game. Do you quit the game as in go back to main menu then go to dashboard. Or go straight from game to dashboard?
    Main Menu first
    I gave 100 Paintball weapon skin codes out here -> http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...Cher-Approved)
    I make videos! Occasionally...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKyB...ature=youtu.be - Uploaded 8th March 2014.

It's been a fun ride. Thanks EPIC for creating the game we all love. Time to jump off and get a new train.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Richardson94 View Post
    Main Menu first
    thanks dude

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BENOCIDE

Ive bought 2 lots of double xp so I hope i dont get reset!

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: T0PP HATT

Quote Originally Posted by Gaming 4 Pride View Post
    The title update has been out less than a couple hours now and issues are popping up very quickly on the foums in the masses,
    Prepare yourself and try to backup all of your data before its too late, You may be a lucky one that so far has had no issues but it still may happen,
    There are cases of campaign saves bieng reset, All COG Tags and level progress e.x. And what scares me the most there are apparently casses where people at re-up 5,6,7,8 that have been reset COMPLEATLY, As I said Prepare yourself so it dosent happen,

How do i backup my game?
    Well im quoting this from a post on another forum topic by Richardson94

To backup:
    Dashboard > System Settings > Cloud Storage > Enable Cloud Storage > Launch Judgment > Select Cloud Storage instead of your HDD > Start a game of any private mode > Quit out after a few seconds of moving around > Dashboard > Re-launch game > Should say "Syncing cloud storage" or something > select HDD as normal > Done.

^Repeat that from "Launch Judgment" every so often.

If you get reset:
    >System Settings > Storage > HDD > Judgment > Delete player data (64KB) > Launch Judgment > Select Cloud storage instead of HDD > Start a game of any private mode > Quit out after a few seconds of moving around > Dashboard > Re-launch game > Should say "Syncing cloud storage" or something > select HDD as normal > Done.

Make sure you see updating stats after each time you quit out of the private games

NOW, what the update was supposed to of patched was,
    Title Update Details

-Various dedicated server improvements.
    -Players no longer get stuck in the main menu background after playing three random matches.
    -Locusts no longer spawn at the second E-Hole on the first wave of Island.
    -Players will no longer get stuck inside of a Boom Shield that has been planted by an enemy player.
    -Players will no longer able to look down the scope with a Markza while holding a Meat Shield.
    -If a Locust destroys an objective at the same time the timer runs out in OverRun using Mercy rules, the match will not end early.
    -Fix for exclamation points not disappearing after viewing an unlocked character.
    -While holding a Meat Shield you will only need to tap B to melee.
    -The Meat Shield will now drop if you switch to the snub.
    -The ôSpray and Prayö ribbon can now be earned in the first round.
    -If the Boom Shield is disabled in weapon swap you will no longer see the icon in Tac-Com.
    -You will now earn the Team Savior ribbon for reviving three individual teammates in a single life.
    -Players can no longer chainsaw another player while holding the Boom Shield.
    -Improvements to the Hammer of Dawn targeting.
    -You will now see XP tallies between matches.

Anyway Im not sure if people got banned due to game fault or for breaking the games terms of use or Code of Conduct but i wouldent risk it, Play safe XD
    Post what you guys think about the issue below,

thanks,
    -Connor
    Roflmao...The title update has been out less than a couple hours now and issues are popping up very quickly on the foums in the masses
    ...lol "In the masses", Haven't seen 1 single post on anyone having issues with the update...Talk bout taking it to the extreme dude..lol
    Why lie to everyone to get them to read your post...
    Why didn't you simply say, "How to backup your game"...
    Hopefully the "masses" will read this post...
    by chance, do you work for Fox news or something.....
    That's a zero in my Gt: T0PP HATT Thank you Lycan for the code.
    Thank you Spout4 for the Baird, Thank you Kracker Kid for the Jungle Tai code. Thank you Cher for the Minecraft skin pack, Thank You Cher for the Mech Baird, Thank you Cher for my friends Avatar Lancer. Thank you Cher for the FON early acces code. Thank you Flak for the Avatar Lancer. Thank you Flak for my brothers "Code".
    Thank you Cher and Flak

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by cardy View Post
    Any, Leaving the game saves the stats

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Chaosjak93

Just downloaded the Title Update and the Haven DLC, no stat reset.
    Gears of War 3: 59
    COG: The Carmine Bros, Onyx Guard, Recruit Clayton, Valera
    Locust: Kantus, Savage Marauder, Theron Elite
    Gears of War Judgement: Re-Up 7 (Gold)
    Earned Seriously Judgmental on 4/15th!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AppleGENESIS24

Oh no. I hope I don't get reset.

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DarkRedScorpion

Quote Originally Posted by T0PP HATT View Post
    Roflmao...The title update has been out less than a couple hours now and issues are popping up very quickly on the foums in the masses
    ...lol "In the masses", Haven't seen 1 single post on anyone having issues with the update...Talk bout taking it to the extreme dude..lol
    Why lie to everyone to get them to read your post...
    Why didn't you simply say, "How to backup your game"...
    Hopefully the "masses" will read this post...
    by chance, do you work for Fox news or something.....
    theres actually been numerous posts on these forums about it happening to different people

MSgt. Shooter Person

Guess I will find out when I get home if I am reset. Backed up date on gears 3 just haven't yet hoping they fixed the issues.
    I understand if its inevitable, with corruption. I don't mind backing up data and I will start making a habit of it in Judgment.
    Thanks for the post!
    Ladybug Onyx Guard.
    -{Embry Star}-

MSgt. Shooter Person

shall I repeat this whenever I reup or will it just save in cloud on its own

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac Samurai View Post
    Guess I will find out when I get home if I am reset. Backed up date on gears 3 just haven't yet hoping they fixed the issues.
    I understand if its inevitable, with corruption. I don't mind backing up data and I will start making a habit of it in Judgment.
    Thanks for the post!
    Its fine bro

Redeemer

wait, I haven't made a backup yet or downloaded anything, what do I do?
    Make a backup offline?
    Quote Originally Posted by SKR View Post
    I have a Cat fetish
    Quote Originally Posted by Matter View Post
    I have a cat fetish too, mainly their ears.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoobz View Post
    Yeah, that's creepy.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: John E LaW

Save game data on USB. That simple
    They call me Frat Daddy aka John E LaW

And follow me on Twitter @FratTankLaw
    LONG LIVE BIG RIG DIZZY

got reset last night, worst game ever especially if they don't fix this. I can't believe it, sign in a guest and sign him out, reset? not going to buy next gears of war game, will stick to the REAL GEARS OF WAR GAMES or because of the run around I got from xbox and epic, might just switch to ps4.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HaSSaN aSSaSiN

Just had a reset scare. Backing up now. Not taking my chances, i have been reset in every gears game to date.

I don't understand why i have such a problem getting reset in gears, i have never been reset in any other game.
    He who will not risk cannot win.
    \\★//
    Proud sponsor of the more you know.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ya Boy J Christ

So THIS issue is coming back up again.... Wonderful.
    NANOMACHINES, SON.
    joey sanchezz is the man. Thanks for the Flame HB
    THANKS SO MUCH TO 25 C FOR THE JUNGLE TAI

I support the lifesaver movement. Get well soon, Melissa.

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dzydvl76

Anytime I run an update I ALWAYS create a backup... Guess it's the programmer in me.
    A BIG BIG thanks to PopeAdrian37th for the sparkling new Paintball Skin. I will sport it with pride...
    Proud member of the EGFC....

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: o0 RATTLECAT 0o

Only been froze once on this game when i tried to look at the dlc playlists. I don't think there is anything that can be done to prevent the freezing and reset issues. Maybe there is hope if/when they switch over to the next unreal engine. And on the bright side, what do you lose if you do get reset ? You won't have to re-earn mutators or level up your horde stuff again, just your xp rank. No biggie
    FEED YOUR TICKERS

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: A CANADIAN

Quote Originally Posted by OScaveman View Post
    So THIS issue is coming back up again.... Wonderful.
    Others have posted ages ago about being reset. I did one back-up, but that was a re-up ago or so. Need to delete my old save from the cloud and make a new one.
    Gears player since day 1 - - Get you some
    Thank-you Cher for A Fenix and SGE & BRUTE for Young Marcus and III LYCAN III for TM skin.
    ___,....--!--..---......,,,,í_
    ||___---_íc╗(\)╠╠╠╠╠╠||||||==
    . /_/-' l__}|--------IIIIIIII-777777/

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: darkfox invid

Everybody backup up your stuff, Because the worse part is...YOUR PRIZE BOX PROGRESS DOESNT GET RESET!
    Gearhead since '06
    Big thanks to Yosoypr for the Jungle Tai!
    Member of the Old Guard, Slayer of Samael