Default Overrun is Unbalanced.

The overrun mode is clearly right now a fail for EPIC, the game seems perfect during the first match/rounds, it feels new, fresh, original and fun but the more we played it the more we saw the problem of lazy developpement: the core issue of GOW3 is still doesn't fixed ( a shame ! ), Some classes are totaly overpowered and unbalanced. when you want to know what classe is overpowered you just have to take a look at the demo right now, team with 4 grenadier and 1 ticker or team with 4 or 5 Baird ? lol.. I don't know who is the guy who came up with the idea of the grenadier balanced but this dude need to be fired right now:

GRENADIER: The ultimate weapon ( the eraser, the terminator, chuck norris ) They have lancer, gnasher, unlimited grenades, DBNO, they can be revive by their brothers and they have more life than other characters ( stupid !!! they need to have the same amount of life for every characters )

Fixed: Remove the lancer, nades every 20 ou 25 sec, same life for every characters. ( the COG + Kantus and grenadier )

TICKER: The ticker explosion is too much and can brake a barrier in two explosion.

Fixed: 3 explosion instead of 2.

WRETCH: 2 hit kill it's a little too much.

Fixed: 3 hit to kill seems a little more "balanced".

KANTUS: Kantus without a ink is a shame, Sophia have sawed of shotgun, lancer, Stim nades, Kantus just have the Kaomax ....

Fixed: Give him ink grenade !!!

The rest of the locust seems to be balanced ( maybe the mauler need a little nerf ) ?

For the COG the only problem is Baird.

BAIRD: His tro´ka is totaly insane, instant kill with AIM bot s too much.

Fixed: tone down the tro´ka.

That's why i hate EPIC for not doing a simple demo/beta who can help to fix the "problem" of the game, i love ovverrun, i realy love it and i want it to be succesful cause we sacrifice too much for this game mode !!! but with the actual balanced of the game the mode will die in a month and i will hate playing it for ages, i just stop playing the beta cause of the baird/Grenadier vendeta who totaly take away the fun of overrun.

( Sorry but english is not my first language so please be nice XD love you all GearsHead )

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: the rattle5nake

The game is set up so that the Locust have an advantage in OverRun
    I have the codes

Thanks to Kracker Kid I now have the codes for Jungle Tai Skin

Thanks to BlackZero30x I now have the codes for Emergence Day Baird

Well technically it's not unbalanced since both teams take turns doing the exact same thing.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fade To Bacon

Quote Originally Posted by the rattle5nake View Post
    The game is set up so that the Locust have an advantage in OverRun
    Fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoGx Heaven View Post
    Team Essence will try to be at the next Hypefestation!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranethar View Post
    This is really good for the community, now no one has the fear of coming last! Should get lots more teams now.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: scottofdarwen

Quote Originally Posted by XxSkyfall View Post
    The overrun mode is clearly right now a fail for EPIC, the game seems perfect during the first match/rounds, it feels new, fresh, original and fun but the more we played it the more we saw the problem of lazy developpement: the core issue of GOW3 is still doesn't fixed ( a shame ! ), Some classes are totaly overpowered and unbalanced. when you want to know what classe is overpowered you just have to take a look at the demo right now, team with 4 grenadier and 1 ticker or team with 4 or 5 Baird ? lol.. I don't know who is the guy who came up with the idea of the grenadier balanced but this dude need to be fired right now:

GRENADIER: The ultimate weapon ( the eraser, the terminator, chuck norris ) They have lancer, gnasher, unlimited grenades, DBNO, they can be revive by their brothers and they have more life than other characters ( stupid !!! they need to have the same amount of life for every characters )

Fixed: Remove the lancer, nades every 20 ou 25 sec, same life for every characters. ( the COG + Kantus and grenadier )

TICKER: The ticker explosion is too much and can brake a barrier in two explosion.

Fixed: 3 explosion instead of 2.

WRETCH: 2 hit kill it's a little too much.

Fixed: 3 hit to kill seems a little more "balanced".

KANTUS: Kantus without a ink is a shame, Sophia have sawed of shotgun, lancer, Stim nades, Kantus just have the Kaomax ....

Fixed: Give him ink grenade !!!

The rest of the locust seems to be balanced ( maybe the mauler need a little nerf ) ?

For the COG the only problem is Baird.

BAIRD: His tro´ka is totaly insane, instant kill with AIM bot s too much.

Fixed: tone down the tro´ka.

That's why i hate EPIC for not doing a simple demo/beta who can help to fix the "problem" of the game, i love ovverrun, i realy love it and i want it to be succesful cause we sacrifice too much for this game mode !!! but with the actual balanced of the game the mode will die in a month and i will hate playing it for ages, i just stop playing the beta cause of the baird/Grenadier vendeta who totaly take away the fun of overrun.

( Sorry but english is not my first language so please be nice XD love you all GearsHead )
    Exactly what i thought about it m8 , everyone else seems to love it , I do think its a mode for clans and Definatly teamwork .

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Seb Smith

Quote Originally Posted by porplemontag View Post
    Well technically it's not unbalanced since both teams take turns doing the exact same thing.
    This basically if you didn't swap teams it would be unbalanced the idea is for the locust to win but how quickly is what decides it
    Gears of War - 1250/1250
    Gears of War 2 - 1750/1750 \\★//
    Gears of War 3 - 1900/2000 \\★//
    Thanks STILRZBOY for Jungle Tai code Thanks PopeAdrian37th for Emergency Era Baird

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Loryat

Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBacon View Post
    Fantastic.
    It's still even though, because you then switch positions and become the locust. It's all about how fast you can open the e-holes.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2
    EGFC Moderator / Member 203
    YouTube: Loryat
    Forum: Loryat
    New Forum: EGFC

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HowardJones KsE

Skyfall is unbalanced.

FIXED: Tone down the rate of tear drops.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NickKrause

so how freaking awesome is overrun?
    Check out my youtube for Gears of War content
    http://www.youtube.com/mrshwolive
    Twitter: @realNickKrause
    Can't please everyone so i stick to the truth

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Yoshimitsu vs

I have yet to play, didint get the early access but Ive been in parties with people playing it and they said about the grenadier being a boss. Interesting to hear about the cogs speeds being different based on class.
    "Overconfidence is the greatest enemy"

Remember Gow as a triology nothing more.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: eviltedi

Quote Originally Posted by scottofdarwen View Post
    Exactly what i thought about it m8 , everyone else seems to love it , I do think its a mode for clans and Definatly teamwork .
    I agree, from what I have seen and read (not experience) this seems to a teamwork mode.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NickKrause

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Samurai View Post
    I have yet to play, didint get the early access but Ive been in parties with people playing it and they said about the grenadier being a boss. Interesting to hear about the cogs speeds being different based on class.
    ive been able to counter them pretty effectively with the scout, those beacons are huge
    Check out my youtube for Gears of War content
    http://www.youtube.com/mrshwolive
    Twitter: @realNickKrause
    Can't please everyone so i stick to the truth

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Yoshimitsu vs

Quote Originally Posted by Mr shWo View Post
    ive been able to counter them pretty effectively with the scout, those beacons are huge
    Good to hear thanks. I think thats whats its all about picking the classes to counter the locusts types. I cant wait to try it myself unfortunately I have to wait a bit longer.
    "Overconfidence is the greatest enemy"

Remember Gow as a triology nothing more.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: the rattle5nake

I had quite a few shut outs last night when playing as the COG so its not impossible to stop the Locust destroying the generator. You just need to have good teamwork and pick your classes carefully.
    I have the codes

Thanks to Kracker Kid I now have the codes for Jungle Tai Skin

Thanks to BlackZero30x I now have the codes for Emergence Day Baird

Quote Originally Posted by HowardJones KsE View Post
    Skyfall is unbalanced.

FIXED: Tone down the rate of tear drops.
    I'm not crying .. just saying.

Overun is not for compÚtitve player it's just a enjoyable casual feature, like i said before, i love it but Grenadier, Baird and ticker are so powerfull than noone take other characters, 5 grenadier can totaly control the game ( so it's not balanced end of the line ). Medic are so useless, Kantus only have Kaomax noone take it ( Sophia is better because she had the Sawed of ) Paduk is useless compared to the rager...

Seriously...

I agree with the constant nade throwing and the turret power.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: medowiemauler

I was wondering when these threads would start, time to get the popcorn.

But certain classes will counter each other.
    Thankyou to Clayman XIII for the CoG tags. Thankyou to GunBlazinBaz for the CoG tags. Thankyou to IceManC86 for the Jungle Tai. Thankyou to PopeAdrian37th for the Emergence Era Baird. Thankyou to GoW2 Carmine for the Paintball Skin. Thankyou to DxM for the Neon Skin. Thankyou to YiffYiff Hooray for the Lambent Weapon Skin

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Asthenie

The only problem its Baird's turret (or torret, not sure the correct way to spell it). Its insanely strong.
    Allfather

They want you, soul and body

Quote Originally Posted by medowiemauler View Post
    I was wondering when these threads would start, time to get the popcorn.

But certain classes will counter each other.
    Tell me who counter the grenadier in the COG ? no offense but he is the king.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Overrun is overrated i will be cancelling pre order, what a joke
    DOM

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Asthenie

Quote Originally Posted by Chumpy View Post
    Overrun is overrated i will be cancelling pre order, what a joke
    I hope that's sarcasm. That's the most pathetic excuse for cancelling the pre-order
    Allfather

They want you, soul and body

MSgt. Shooter Person
    hanging with the savage drone in a cardboard box
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tG x Jelly

Well. This did not take long at all. One day and someone's complaining here already. Wow. This community. Lol...this community. Complaining about tickers and wretches? Complaining about grenadiers? Why would you use the character if they "fix" these things. Especially the Wretch. 3 hits? It's hard enough for two. The Wretch sucks ass
    Some sort of assistance for color blind people is required epic!

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lambent x bunny

It's balanced overall.
    The turret is way too powerful though. And the frag cool down needs to be a tad longer. Rest is fine the whole point is for the locust to have the advantage.

MSgt. Shooter Person

OMG it may seem unbalanced when the playlist is comprised mainly of mexicans! wait for everyone else in your own area to jump on and your connection and ping will be alot better than connecting say from the U.K to Mexico!!

I for one will not be cancelling my pre order due to one playlist lol and neither should anyone else, if you have played gears from day one (no pun there lol) you will know there is sometimes connection problems, but thats just gears!! and for that matter anyother game online!
    Last edited by Bigwilkey; 03-15-2013 at 07:16 AM.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Bigwilkey View Post
    OMG it may seem unbalanced when the playlist is comprised mainly of mexicans! wait for everyone else in your own area to jump on and your connection and ping will be alot better than connecting say from the U.K to Mexico!!
    Right, because Baird's sentry being apparently too strong has everything to do with Mexicans.
    This is really good for the community, now no one has the fear of coming last! Should get lots more teams now.

Quote Originally Posted by undertheh00d View Post
    Well. This did not take long at all. One day and someone's complaining here already. Wow. This community. Lol...this community. Complaining about tickers and wretches? Complaining about grenadiers? Why would you use the character if they "fix" these things. Especially the Wretch. 3 hits? It's hard enough for two. The Wretch sucks ass
    The wretch is easy to use and it's so fast, when i take it if no baird with turret in the round i 'll never died but 3 shoot seems a little bit too much don't realy know how to balanced it.... i will not defend the grenaider!! its overpowered and NEED to be nerf.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Lag is unchanged from Gears 3 shotgun battles and evades you die when u shouldnt, overall overrun is unbalance plus the objective is time based??? How about lifes like battlefield, you rarely see the hammer of dawn cutscene

Ammo is scarce when everyone is sophia and baird, you literally run out beggin for someone to kill you when out of ammo
    DOM

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBacon View Post
    Right, because Baird's sentry being apparently too strong has everything to do with Mexicans.
    Dont rush in then, Overrun is not about who gets the most kills or who can survive the most, its about protecting the objective anyway possible, and if you have problems with the sentry, use the green cross code, STOP LOOK LISTEN! before you cross the line! dont rush in!

Regards

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Bigwilkey View Post
    Dont rush in then, Overrun is not about who gets the most kills or who can survive the most, its about protecting the objective anyway possible, and if you have problems with the sentry, use the green cross code, STOP LOOK LISTEN! before you cross the line! dont rush in!

Regards
    Fun fact: I haven't even played the demo.