Team: AquaInferno
    Project: Omega
    Current Team Members:
    NPCKiller: Money guy,Project manager
    KTR19: Models,Textures
    JDHunt: UI, Small Concept Art
    Mugetsu: Game Code, Network Code
    Zlee: 3d Concept art,Concept art
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________

Project Goals:
    Have the Game done when Star Wars Releases {loose goal}
    Have a Continually developed Game even after its sold.
    __________________________________________________ ______

Art Style:
    Illustrative like Dark Chronicle

Some Highlights of the game are as followed.
    Dynamic AI
    Massive Worlds
    Many ways to Customize yourself

The game is space and world bound. You will have the ability to fly your ship from 3rd person or 1st person. When you don't feel like flying the ship you can put it on auto pilot and walk around your ship. You can make sure your crew is working and/or repair the hole that the enemy pirate ship just punched in your flying maiden. In a panic you run back to the cockpit and make a mad dash for the nearest ally planet, only to realize there is not one. You warn the crew to take battle positions just as the pirate ship launches a set of hooks into the side of the Maiden. The enemy begins to pull you towards them. You man your main gun and take aim and hope for the best. Your screaming orders over the mic to your online friends in your crew. Telling them to find the hooks and detach the ship from their's so they can't board. You fire the cannon at the ship blowing a hole in the side as parts go flying through space. They retaliate and fire back skimming the top of the Maiden. Crew members race to fix the repairs as your air drops to dangerous levels. You fire again and again as the crew fights to detach the pirates. They get closer and closer each shot doing more damage. Your crew finally detaches the enemy. You push full thrust trying to get away while getting one last shot off that cripples their ship. You have to make a choice run or fight. You look at the status of the Maiden and then at the pirate ship. Turning around you command the crew to open fire. You hit the enemy with massive blows taking out most of the crew. Getting closer you line up your shot and hook there ship, pulling the enemy vessel closer. The ship slams snug to yours, there crew is ether dead or have fled from the ship. Your crew boards and fights off whats left, leaving you with the captain. Breaking down his door you take a shot to the shoulder. Then it happens a captain duel, baring swords you fight the enemy captain for his ship. Back and forth swords collide. You swing and he turns with a thrust your sword lands in his gut. He falls to his knees and begs for his life. Pulling out your gun you say over the mic. "No Sir All Good Must DIE." Popping one in his chest you turn to your crew and bark your next command. "GATHER EVERYTHING THAT WILL FIT. Line This SHIP to the Tow Rope. We are Taking this one home with us."

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________

There is more to the game then the above Paragraph. Its a Small taste of the game.
    We have art and some models that have entered our collection.
    The Game as you might of picked up is a Multi Player/MMO.
    I have a UDK Coder that says he can pull it off with some help.
    When the game is done you can still stick around and help with the next game or if you have one of your own you want to publish. This is not a one hit wonder we are going to continue on after. That is Why we are looking for a Strong team.

What Im Looking for:

Artists: Concept art, textures, modeling, shaders, web design, rigging, animating, level designer.

Programmers: Game code, shaders, network code, backend code for servers, web application, tool creation.

Money guy: More the better

Assistant Project Manager
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________

MONEY:
    This is what you wanted to know. When the game is released you will get paid then Via royalty's.

You can get a hold of me by Email or here.

What your Applying for as the Subject.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________________

Thank you for taking the time to read threw this. I know MMO is going to be a Challenge but if its challenging to make then its not worth playing.

Current Art:
    http://sadpanda.us/images/1283126-XATESCY.jpg
    http://sadpanda.us/images/1286905-O46TKMA.png
    http://sadpanda.us/images/1286907-O7CC49Y.jpg
    Still Shot
    Woman
    Last edited by NPC; 12-29-2012 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Adding New Members

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by NPC View Post
    I know MMO is going to be a Challenge but if its challenging to make then its not worth playing.
    You're right. Which makes me wonder why you want to do a MMO!

Quote Originally Posted by jpvg View Post
    You're right. Which makes me wonder why you want to do a MMO!
    We want to do a MMO because the Game would not be fun in single player. I know That with the right team We can pull this off. I know this will be the game that everyone will play for years to come. Mugetsu is optimistic that we can get this done.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I'm no gonna say don't bother doing it like the rest of the fellows here will but I have a couple questions for you.

1) You know UDK only supports up to 64 players per sever right?
    2) The only way around this would to create your own 3rd party server/client code(which I honestly don't know is even possible without the source) do you have this issue figured out yet?

I mean the rest(which is a lot of work) is important but the first two things above need to be realized first. If you've got that situated... Good luck, and go for it!

Edit: I just wanted to add, MMOs aren't really needed most of the time. A large multiplayer game(64 players) would normally be enough. Since a lot people just ignore each other anyways and groups of buddies normally less than 20 might get together and do a quest or something together every so often. Once again not trying to talk you out of it if thats what you want to do just trying to give you some easier to achieve options. By the way I also came across this http://www.epicgameschina.com/tech/t..._overview.html you might find it interesting.
    Last edited by WinterT; 12-16-2012 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Comment

Quote Originally Posted by WinterT View Post
    I'm no gonna say don't bother doing it like the rest of the fellows here will but I have a couple questions for you.

1) You know UDK only supports up to 64 players per sever right?
    2) The only way around this would to create your own 3rd party server/client code(which I honestly don't know is even possible without the source) do you have this issue figured out yet?

I mean the rest(which is a lot of work) is important but the first two things above need to be realized first. If you've got that situated... Good luck, and go for it!

Edit: I just wanted to add, MMOs aren't really needed most of the time. A large multiplayer game(64 players) would normally be enough. Since a lot people just ignore each other anyways and groups of buddies normally less than 20 might get together and do a quest or something together every so often. Once again not trying to talk you out of it if thats what you want to do just trying to give you some easier to achieve options. By the way I also came across this http://www.epicgameschina.com/tech/t..._overview.html you might find it interesting.
    WinterT Thank you for the Webpage this it was a great help. I do know the UDK is only 64 and we was going to settle with that till we figured out how to get around it. For now like you said 64 players per game/server will be subsequent.

God King

I think the main challenge, is getting players that enjoy other MMO's to switch to yours. This will likely be the failure, just like most other MMO's

Deathless

Don't you just see that MMO or multiplayer or singleplayer , the game will remain still being one thing , one unique gameplay whatever... so what matters for what " this kind of platform i don't even have a name for it thing "

Example Mount and blade was singleplayer first , then they switced to multiplayer more or less it's the same thing.... the same gameplay.

But of course , if you say MMO without any previous work showing your team skill or any fact that could make it possible , you expose yourself as ignorant.
    Last edited by Neongho; 12-17-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAgent View Post
    I think the main challenge, is getting players that enjoy other MMO's to switch to yours. This will likely be the failure, just like most other MMO's
    By that time I'm hoping to alpha and beta will do the work for me. Worst comes to worst I can make a single player Story line if that it takes to make people happy. Story lines are not a problem for me that easy work. The challenge is what I like in this whole thing. But I think that if this game is built right people will want to play it. I really do. As far as I'm concerned there is not a game out there themed like OMEGA that is worth playing cause it is lacking the aspects that this one includes. There is a chance for failure in every game IF you don't put your heart into what your working for. My heart is set and ready to go as Soon as I get some people that has the same heart set. If it Makes it easier to not call it a MMO because its going to be 64 people per server. Then Fine we can call it just multiplayer The point still stands this game is going to kick Butt.
    Last edited by NPC; 12-17-2012 at 05:34 PM.

Deathless

First of all, you need to code the very little framework of your game.
    Isn't it about space ships? then code a space ship with weapons and that stuff , make videos and then through that recruit ... but what you expect if you recruit ppl without having aclear idea of what you want ?
    Be rational....

Quote Originally Posted by Neongho View Post
    Don't you just see that MMO or multiplayer or singleplayer , the game will remain still being one thing , one unique gameplay whatever... so what matters for what " this kind of platform i don't even have a name for it thing "

Example Mount and blade was singleplayer first , then they switced to multiplayer more or less it's the same thing.... the same gameplay.

But of course , if you say MMO without any previous work showing your team skill or any fact that could make it possible , you expose yourself as ignorant.
    What is the route you thinkI should go then. Im open to any advice anyone has that is worth the input.

First of all, you need to code the very little framework of your game.
    Isn't it about space ships? then code a space ship with weapons and that stuff , make videos and then through that recruit ... but what you expect if you recruit ppl without having aclear idea of what you want ?
    Be rational....
    I was talking to my crew about this the other day cause a Local Business was Interested in being a silent partner in order to help fund the project. I'll post what Im having Meg code up after we go to present it to him. Ill allso add the screen shots of the things that are being worked on.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IsaakWells PSN ID: isaakwells

When and if you are in need of a Voice Actor I would love to be part of this project. It seems awesome.
    Check out my demos at http://www.isaakwells.com/voice/

Thank you Ill Write down your Info in my Dev Book. I have My team working on getting a small demo out.

Deathless

Good luck with the demo " actually with a little footage would be cool enough a " fully 100 % operational demo is kinda hard " from programmer prespective.

Good luck with the demo " actually with a little footage would be cool enough a " fully 100 % operational demo is kinda hard " from programmer prespective.
    That's what I will do then. Video here I come. Thanks.

Here is some other things that have been done.

Still Shot
    Woman

The Sacrifice

The female model has a few details im not sure why they are there. (certain areas) how long have you guys been going?

Prisoner 849

Quote Originally Posted by NPC View Post
    That's what I will do then. Video here I come. Thanks.

Here is some other things that have been done.

Still Shot
    Woman
    That's a "Make Human" female character that probably has about ten million poly's, which will never work in any game engine! Its also made up of about 65 elements which will be impossible to rig and animate - so good luck on that!
    Secondly, your still image is just some pieces of geometry floating in the viewport!
    This will recruit you zero people!

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LoquaciousSix

Just going to add in here two things. One, it sounds like you have very little experience in making games. You probably have <6 months experience, and almost guaranteed have <1 year of experience with an engine like Unreal. Two, because of your inexperience, you think this project is actually possible. Not only do you have the limitations of UDK to deal with, but your lack of experience will make it hard for you to lead and is causing you to not realize just how DAMN HARD IT IS TO MAKE A GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE. Take the "value" of how hard you think this project is to make, then multiply that "value" by about 1,000, that is a conservative estimate of how hard it actually is. Here is the bottom line: you want to be in game development, start by learning a craft (Level Design, 3D Art, or Programming, ideally you learn one of the latter two and pick up the first one along the way) and spend at least a year just practicing that craft. Next, join a small project (one that should reasonably take <1 year to make). If that project fails, either ask for permission to take over the project from the leader or try with a new one. Do this at least three times. Then, and only then, are you MAYBE ready to lead a project. And this project would be a simple project, not your MMO. It should be something you can do with a few people (2-5) in <1 year. Use the money you make from that project to fund another one of similar scale, and do this until you have made enough $$ and reputation to attempt to get Epic to agree to let you get a demonstration source code license to build a demo of this MMO, and then use that demo and your reputation to get enough $$ through crowdfunding or investors or a publisher to get a full source code license and pay for a full time development staff for several years.

If you do not have that much patience, you don't deserve to lead an MMO project and should instead do only the first two steps and try to get into a AAA MMO development team.