Page 1 of 200 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Doctor Pie 7056

Default No DBNO in Versus Multiplayer

Here is official tweet from Chris Wynn https://twitter.com/HammerOfWynn/sta...03341798985728

Please, be civil when discussing this news. Do not use inappropriate language and useless GIFs/memes just to troll. The forum rules are always valid.

A new post from the Lead Level Designer, Jim Brown:

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    I've been designing Gears MP for 10 years now, so trust me when I say that this is as much my baby as it is yours, and I want what is best for everyone involved. Lee, Joe, and I all read the forums near every day, and posted irregularly. (I still do!) Rod, Pete, and Quinn were the twitter folks. Rac and Flak are everywhere, and cover the community site and Facebook angle. Anyway, point being, we're here. We're listening, always do. I will make a point of being more "present" and proactive in the forums specifically if theres a gap there.

We have a good mix of opinions within the office as well. Lee and I were always pushing for community and accessibility. Quinn was pushing for e sports. Cliff wanted to innovate. Rod was the bridge that united us all. End of the day I think we've actually landed on a really good mix, and we still have an exceedingly dedicated and talented team on board. Once you guys get your hands on the game, I think you'll be really, pleasantly surprised. Don't want to go into too much detail here and now, as we do have a podcast scheduled to discuss all this very soon.

As long as we can all keep a level head this will pan out. Pointing fingers, calling names, or raging all over the interwebs generally doesn't work out for anyone though. :P So keep the questions coming, and we'll be as honest and up front as we can.

Follows some quotes from our Community Manager, Raczilla, about the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by raczilla View Post
    Hey guys, I'm posting from my phone from a meeting so please forgive the brief nature of my message.

Obviously there are some strong opinions about this. We care a lot about what you think and we're committed to giving you guys a great Gears experience.

We'll touch on this topic at some point soon via the podcast to provide additional context.

In the meantime, feel free to share your thoughts here and remember to keep it clean so we can keep the topic open.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BWG View Post
    Rac, you've always been on the side of the community and I've always appreciated that. I think when a lot of people have called out the failing of other members of Epic you've always been there for us through it all. I know things aren't likely to change between now and release but could you please set up something soon with Jim or somebody else for them to explain exactly why they came to this decision? Sometime in the next week or two? Before Christmas? I think right now a lot of us in the community really need to hear it explained and detailed directly from someone who's heavily involved with the project.
    That's the plan. I'll be sure to let you know as soon as I have some detail.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDan6936 View Post
    Wait, weren't there a bunch of DBNO shots in the new overrun video? I distinctly remember Baird shouting "Revive me!" just before the player tossed a stim.
    Right. We're going to do our best to clear this up when we hop on for the podcast. Want to make sure there's not confusion about this.

Quote Originally Posted by king-mark View Post
    Any idea when the next podcast will be?
    Don't have a date I can share at this point. I want to make sure we have time to go in depth. I also want to address questions in addition to this particular topic since we have BChaps thread rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by the_suicide_fox View Post
    But you aren't sitting at Epic studios playing Judgement everyday to require justification. Have you even played it at any of the expos? You're not designing the game so why should you be listened to over the people who have experienced the game frequently? Clearly you have the right to your opinion, but you have to remember your opinion is based on the smallest sliver of details. Obviously Epic realized people would freak out about this, Arctic even told them himself. But I'm sure they wouldn't do it willy nilly, they would have valid justification. When you are at that point of experience with Judgement as a whole as Epic testers are then you can make valid statements about what does and doesn't work.

I mean, what answer do you want Epic to give? "Well we took it out because without stopping power on the Hammerburst we had to change the chainsaw on the Lancer to these exact specifications, but then the Snub had 2 too many bullets and too slow a reload, but then....." Seriously, asking for an 'answer' on such a thing is ridiculous. You have no idea what went into making that decision. I don't think Epic owes me anything but a good game. If I buy it and it sucks then I'll sell/trade it and get a new game. What's the big deal?
    Lots of logic here. It is part of why we've had Judgment on as much of the expo circuit as possible the last few months. When people get it in their hands they enjoy it.

At the same time I understand that people have opinions about this stuff and I think it's fine to share them.

We put out these long videos of full matches this week because we believe in Judgment and want people to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxIncisionxXx View Post
    That is an arguable point about people enjoying it. Sure, people can enjoy DBNO NOT being in FFA because you've only shown FFA and Overrun. And we know DBNO is in Overrun so no need for those guys to not enjoy the game with what is shown. What we've all freaking out about is no execution, guardian, etc. Or dbno in gametypes like KOTH, TDM, Warzone, etc.
    We've only shown those at expos but we've shown more of the game behind closed doors. So I was speaking more from a general sense of people having played various parts of the game and enjoying it.

I definitely understand what you guys are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by G3T GNASHTY View Post
    Rac, could you please confirm that the execution that "osowanted" saw Baird do with the Booshka was within Campaign? If not, then why would this be apart of the recently released trailers if DBNO was removed? Thanks.
    Believe so. It's one of the things we'll have Jim touch on.

Edited by moderator
    Last edited by DarkAp89; 12-16-2012 at 02:01 PM.
    I have a shotgun
    Quote Originally Posted by xTZAx View Post
    I was considering cancelling my pre-order until they finally confirmed that I can turn off gore and language.
    Yes, this is a fertile land we will rule over all this land, we will call it, this land. - Thumbs up if you get the reference

Seriously...
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SQuirrel147

I just don't even.
    ~ SQ ~

Yes I am looking forward to Judgment. But NOT because it's Gears.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: soulxamazing

Is this real?
    Thank you Cher, Lycan and Echo For the codes
    Origins of my Gamertag
    Keep It Classy

He who must not be named...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TAO Devil

Quote Originally Posted by allcitychessclub13 View Post
    Is this real?
    100% confirmed by Chris Wynn
    That was Zen, This is TAO
    Ranked #1 in the World for AWESOMENESS!

Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom
    GzB Baby! WHOOOO! EGFC Member
    First member to ever hit 30,000 posts. I am He Who Must Not Be Named

Seriously...
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SQuirrel147

Quote Originally Posted by allcitychessclub13 View Post
    Is this real?
    Yup .
    ~ SQ ~

Yes I am looking forward to Judgment. But NOT because it's Gears.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: soulxamazing

Quote Originally Posted by TAO Devil View Post
    Then they are more determined to alienate their original fanbase than I thought.
    Thank you Cher, Lycan and Echo For the codes
    Origins of my Gamertag
    Keep It Classy

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by TAO Devil View Post
    Was it you who made the link?
    I have a shotgun
    I was considering cancelling my pre-order until they finally confirmed that I can turn off gore and language.
    Yes, this is a fertile land we will rule over all this land, we will call it, this land. - Thumbs up if you get the reference

Redeemer

WHAT?! REALLY? i dont even.... This is horrible
    "You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years, yet have little of account to show your efforts. Such failure must be as depressing to bear as it is pathetic to behold."
    Dark Souls veteran. I played Gears because of locust...

Boomshot

OMG This is not a good idea, really bad idea.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Call Me Host

So what happens with executions? Or the gametype execution for that matter.

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parasidian

*goes to get gif* Ya know what im not even gonna post a gif.

This im just so..........UGH!, ive given Judgment the benefit of the doubt for a long time, but this where i draw the line, no DBNO means No executions, no meatshields, no revives, NO CURB STOMP'S!
    "Wreck 'n' Rule!"
    @Parasidian Gearspedia Adminヽ(ಠ_ರೃ)ノ Operation Hijack(Done) Lt. Sid Artwork!!
    The New Padrick Salton for a Future Gears of War game/dlc Thread! SUPPORT!!
    Proclaimed: King of Epic's Art Dumpster,The Master of the Archives, Avatar Thread Gatekeeper...etc Ps. Just call me Sid.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WrathOFAnubis07

oh boy...wtf

My third of today - "really, that's what we're doing now Judgment."

Iron Guard
    With my army of Cyclops preparing for the attack on Epic Games for not adding the Locust to MP.

That's the worst thing they could of ever done! No executions or anything? This has gotta be a windup!
    New Name: Cyclops 100, was gearsfan100

Petition to bring back Locust for multiplayer!
    No Locust means no Gears of War!

Petition to bring back RAAM, Skorge and Cyclops for GOW Judment!

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Parasidian View Post
    *goes to get gif* Ya know what im not even gonna post a gif. This is just upsetting, ive given Judgment the benefit of the doubt for a long time, but this where i draw the line, no DBNO means No executions, no meatshields, no revives, NO CURB STOMP'S!
    Dude I've had the same feeling as well
    I have a shotgun

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ms A Chievement PSN ID: Urdnot_Horner

Ridiculous.

FOUR MAPS

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Call Me Host

Quote Originally Posted by Parasidian View Post
    *goes to get gif* Ya know what im not even gonna post a gif.

This im just so..........UGH!, ive given Judgment the benefit of the doubt for a long time, but this where i draw the line, no DBNO means No executions, no meatshields, no revives, NO CURB STOMP'S!
    Same here, I simply cannot defend them on this one. Terrible move.

MSgt. Shooter Person

This is just ridiculous!! It's gonna ruin the game for me.... No meat shields no curb stomps! EPIC what have you done!
    Lets have King of the Hill and TDM Back for Judgment!

Bring Back Skorge for Gears of War: Judgment Multiplayer!

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Clayman XIII

Yeah this sucks.
    I was there when she took her final breath. She pulled me in close and she said, "You're the one." She said, "They chose you, long before you were ever in existence." And I understood what she meant. Her touch could save the world but her kiss burns it to the ground. I love you, Sister Abigail.

He who must not be named...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TAO Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Pie 7056 View Post
    Was it you who made the link?
    IDK. i tweeted the link as part of the announcement.
    That was Zen, This is TAO
    Ranked #1 in the World for AWESOMENESS!

Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom
    GzB Baby! WHOOOO! EGFC Member
    First member to ever hit 30,000 posts. I am He Who Must Not Be Named

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Cold Christ

So many don't evens I just can't even...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ms A Chievement View Post
    Ridiculous.
    I second this sentiment...

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Clayman XIII View Post
    No DBNO is Judgment ? I don't want to be that guy about grammar but good god man. And yeah it sucks.
    lol Squirrel already told me I started laughing its fixed now :P
    I have a shotgun

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: finRatman X3 PSN ID: Ratman_Fi

This is madness!
    Gamertag: finRatman X3 Gearhead since '06 íRageQuitPro! Start>Up>A>A »\_(ツ)_/»

Need help with Gears 2 multiplayer achievements? Hit me up, and also check this thread out!

Special thanks for BRUTE, CaptainSlayer, Cher, CrabSonoshee, DarkAp89, Fallz, III LYCAN III, ipar, IrazorSHOTTZ, JAY UNIT11, NFI, Nunchake, Philnemba, PopeAdrian37th, Yosoypr and *Zap* for all the cool stuff!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Clone Recon

Oh...Oh god. I thought it was really only for FFA.... I dont know now. I may not get this now. Im very upset....

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Pie 7056 View Post
    lol Squirrel already told me I started laughing its fixed now :P
    Lol cool, still heartbreaking news to see this. I mean I get it in some modes but all ? Seems to be a very extreme change.
    I was there when she took her final breath. She pulled me in close and she said, "You're the one." She said, "They chose you, long before you were ever in existence." And I understood what she meant. Her touch could save the world but her kiss burns it to the ground. I love you, Sister Abigail.

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ms A Chievement PSN ID: Urdnot_Horner

Executions are the focal point of the Gears IP. To not have them is suicide on EPIC's part. I don't understand why they'd make such a silly change.

FOUR MAPS

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Devious Sektor
    I am The Sponger from Down Under

..(\ /) Thanks to DxM for my jungle tai and Cheezmo for my aftermath baird you both are awesome!!
    .(ಠ_ಠ) Disapproval bunny disapproves of Your posts.My twitter
    o(")(") The worst grenade throw ever...of all time.
    If I somehow got involved with derailing a thread it's not my fault, I tend to get carried away with off topic posts.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I agree, I just don't understand the logic behind removing a core mechanic of their franchise. Change just for change sake is stupid. I'm still reeling from this announcement...

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lefty Chrome

Breaks me heart.
    EGFC Community Mod - twitter @LeftyChrome - New Home: http://theegfc.enjin.com/
    ___,....--!--..---......,,,,í_
    ||___---_íc╗(\)╠╠╠╠╠╠||||||===
    . /_/-' l__}|--------IIIIIIII-777777/

Veteran

I'm very, very sorry to hear this. Just disappointed, but part of me had already expected this since they showed FFA gameplay.
    Now I really have to think about whether to get Judgment or not. Do I feel like paying the full price for Overrun and Campaign?... Probably not.
    Gears 1 1160/1250 | Gears 2 1750/1750 | Gears 3 1900/2000 | Bulletstorm 1000/1000
    Thank you Cher for the Lancer Avatar prop and the Minecraft skin pack! |Thank you NeillMcAttack for Commando Dom!| Thank you DarkAp89 for Mechanic Baird!| Thank you PopeAdrian37th for Jungle Tai and Neon!| Thank you I OU a Beatn for the Paintball Skin!| Thank you III LYCAN III for the Web Skin, the Classic Hammy and Marcus!|Thank you The Anya Bunni for Anya and Team Metal!|

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JJ Diamondz

I'm shocked. Now I really need to think if I even get the game.. Epic, I am disappoint.
    JJ Diamondz \\*// War Hero

Veteran

Also the reasoning behind this btw, just smh. Only 'this much %' of the people uses executions? It's not just executions we're talking about. It's part of the gameplay: Revives, meatshields, being able to crawl away after being lancered down from a distance. Especially revives in this case is what made this such a team game.
    Gears 1 1160/1250 | Gears 2 1750/1750 | Gears 3 1900/2000 | Bulletstorm 1000/1000
    Thank you Cher for the Lancer Avatar prop and the Minecraft skin pack! |Thank you NeillMcAttack for Commando Dom!| Thank you DarkAp89 for Mechanic Baird!| Thank you PopeAdrian37th for Jungle Tai and Neon!| Thank you I OU a Beatn for the Paintball Skin!| Thank you III LYCAN III for the Web Skin, the Classic Hammy and Marcus!|Thank you The Anya Bunni for Anya and Team Metal!|

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fade To Bacon

I remember when I said about 2-3 months ago that Epic was gonna take out Executions, and everyone denied it. I hate to say I...

But seriously,
    Quote Originally Posted by LoGx Heaven View Post
    Team Essence will try to be at the next Hypefestation!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranethar View Post
    This is really good for the community, now no one has the fear of coming last! Should get lots more teams now.

Iron Guard

Angry

wait if there is no DBNO then what about executions they were one of the best things and it almost makes gears of war what it is having totally over the top executions and it has been part of gears since day1 god dammit they need to bring it back even if the game gets delayed i want it back

TO MANY CHANGES
    Last edited by skorge'd toast; 12-13-2012 at 03:03 PM.

Iron Guard
    With my army of Cyclops preparing for the attack on Epic Games for not adding the Locust to MP.

Quote Originally Posted by JJusmo View Post
    I'm shocked. Now I really need to think if I even get the game.. Epic, I am disappoint.
    I think most people are having second thoughts now.
    New Name: Cyclops 100, was gearsfan100

Petition to bring back Locust for multiplayer!
    No Locust means no Gears of War!

Petition to bring back RAAM, Skorge and Cyclops for GOW Judment!

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Devious Sektor

0_0 swearing is in this thread .I'm out before it's out of hand *use instant transmission*
    I am The Sponger from Down Under

..(\ /) Thanks to DxM for my jungle tai and Cheezmo for my aftermath baird you both are awesome!!
    .(ಠ_ಠ) Disapproval bunny disapproves of Your posts.My twitter
    o(")(") The worst grenade throw ever...of all time.
    If I somehow got involved with derailing a thread it's not my fault, I tend to get carried away with off topic posts.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fade To Bacon

But if you think about it, no more losers t-bagging at the end of every round. That also means no Execution :l
    Quote Originally Posted by LoGx Heaven View Post
    Team Essence will try to be at the next Hypefestation!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranethar View Post
    This is really good for the community, now no one has the fear of coming last! Should get lots more teams now.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Cold Christ

Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBacon View Post
    But if you think about it, no more losers t-bagging at the end of every round. That also means no Execution :l
    I'd rather take a five man team humping me than no DBNO.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: A CANADIAN

Dang Gnashes. If I did or cared about Twitter I'd have agreed with you TAO. Britt...not so much. Ruins the game. That was a big part of Gears. I can see it for FFA, but other modes? No. Knowing you could be revived was huge. Knowing this also means NO GUARDIAN in all likelihood. It's my favorite game type. You can't not have DBNO in it. Beef up the leaders health perhaps, but that just isn't right.

Arguing about the 2% is just sad. I think 100% of the population does executions. Just not 100% of the time. As for 2% ..... I just don't know. When I play I see more than 2 times out of every 100 kills being done with an execution. Also reviving is important in Gears. IT's a big part of it and has been for years. Taking that away is a mistake.

No Guardian? Oh dear God.
    Gears player since day 1 - - Get you some
    Thank-you Cher for A Fenix and SGE & BRUTE for Young Marcus and III LYCAN III for TM skin.
    ___,....--!--..---......,,,,í_
    ||___---_íc╗(\)╠╠╠╠╠╠||||||==
    . /_/-' l__}|--------IIIIIIII-777777/

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBacon View Post
    I mean yeah I can appreciate not being humped but not being able to execute, revive etc seems a little crazy. It changes a lot of the gameplay.

Page 1 of 200 1231151101 ... LastLast