Default Can't download from gamefront

First of all I'm not sure that this would be the right place so soz. I'll get right into it. I can't download anything from gamefront which really sucks because I just got back into ut2k4 and I want to get some maps, skins etc. Is it just me? I read that they banned half the world. I'm from new zealand. I wasn't on the ban list. Can you guys download?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: rembostudios

Try using a different browser. Also check to see if you have sort of plugins on your browser (sometimes if it's a family computer there may be someone who puts addons onto firefox or chrome), one that could stop you from downloading would be an aggressive ad blocker or 'noscript' which blocks scripts from running (for security purposes). I have experienced a download not starting with them, but that was back in the day when it was "filefront" and since then no problems here.
    Sgt.Muffin PWC-Gaming :: Creator of Llama Punter & Tons More!
    UltraBTimes • GravVortexSwap • Whipmatch • Holly Jolly Deemer • Llama Punter • 50+ Maps
    Update: I no longer host the public redirect, all requests are now redirected over to UT-Files.

Well I'm using chrome. When is the last time you guys downloaded something from gamefront. I tried internet explore which crashed although I haven't updated that web browser in ages. I tried Firefox, and that crashes. Do I need to update java?

I got the latest firefox browser. I still can't download. it says file not found, I think they banned my country for some reason.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: rembostudios

That is strange. Sadly i am not sure what is going on. I just downloaded a test file and it worked. I am using firefox on windows 7.
    Sgt.Muffin PWC-Gaming :: Creator of Llama Punter & Tons More!
    UltraBTimes • GravVortexSwap • Whipmatch • Holly Jolly Deemer • Llama Punter • 50+ Maps
    Update: I no longer host the public redirect, all requests are now redirected over to UT-Files.

ok, so I figured out what was wrong. When they put in the blocks for certain countries they must of added new zealand by accident. I successfully downloaded a file through a proxy so that confirmed that they blocked my country even if it wasn't listed on their blocked list.

You might want to contact them so they update either their ban list or their infos.
    Wormbo's UT/UT2004/UT3 mods | PlanetJailbreak | Unreal Wiki | Liandri Archives

<@Mych|Lockdown> ...and the award for the most creative spelling of "Jailbreak" goes to ... "Gandis Jealbrake Server"
    Note that your questions via PMs will be ignored if they actually belong in the forum.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ReiDevJord

Not that it matters; Gamefront is all but useless for file hosting now. A secondary mirror at best.

where is that list of ut2004 file sites, it should be a sticky,
    i also use gamefront when looking for files from skincity

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by unrealloco View Post
    some downloads might say file not found probaly cause gamefront was filefront and the link to where it was stored was changed
    I could not download a recent UT 99 map upload to gamefront yet a lot of other people were downloading the dom map.

Well I started a help ticket with them and they finally asked me which country I lived in so I mentioned it and hopefully I can finally get back to downloading maps,mods,etc from them.They seem to be very helpful.
    Last edited by maxdamage; 11-20-2012 at 09:48 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Good news is that my problem with gamefront\filefront has been sorted out and I can download from there again.They sure have been helpful!