Exclamation Crash at startup on iOS 6

Hi guys,
    after updating one of our test units to iOS6 (an iPad 2) our game crashes on startup. The app launches and the splash screen appears but then it returns to the springboard immediately. The app doesn't even generate any log. I searched the forums and found other people having the same issue with the iOS 6 beta but with no help.
    We're using the UDK May 2012 Beta. Anybody with newer versions had similar problems?

Thank you in advance.

Iron Guard

Post the log from your iOS device you can get it from Xcode (not the one you get from backup documents )
    Last edited by Zeqzy; 09-20-2012 at 04:55 AM.

If you're talking about the crash logs generated by the OS, there's nothing there too.

I have the same issue(on iphone4s), ok install but crash on startup,
    i will try remake a provisioning but I do not think that will serve.
    Luckily I checked and I have saved other devices...

SOLVED

Solved by smart guy called Martin
    Remove the following from .mobileprovision:

<key>get-task-allow</key>
    <true/>

now work on all devices without problems.

MSgt. Shooter Person

works for me, thanks alot for posting the solution.

This worked for me as well, thanks!

Skaarj

How exactly do you go about removing the Key mentioned above? Do you need XCode to accomplish this? I tried opening the file in Microsoft Word and deleted the key and re-saved it, but I got an error when I tried to import the Mobile Provision saying an unexpected end of file occurred and that an area wasn't "closed" within the file. So again, what is the correct way to go about achieving this?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Use notepad man.
    Microsoft word adds a lot of **** (usually his files are encripted).

Skaarj

Thanks! Notepad ++ worked very well. Appreciate the tip.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Worked for me as well. Thanks so much poster!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Worked for me too
    Thanks

Skaarj

It didn't work for me I don't get what I'm doing wrong....
    I open the .mobileprovision in notepad++ delete the <key>get-task-allow</key>
    <true/> and save
    then drag end drop it to itunes and i get that: The Provisioning profile could not be imported because an unknown error occured (0xE800801A).
    Could it be an encoding problem utf-8 or ANSI? I converted it to utf-8 in notepad++ and I still see some odd characters
    Any ideas please?

You don't have to do that.
    When you set up the provisioning with Unreal iOS configuration, the engine stores a copy of the .mobileprovision file you give him inside UDKGame/Build/iPhone and renames it to UDKGame.mobileprovision. That file is used while building with Unreal Frontend and that is the file you have to edit.

Skaarj

Thanks!!! At last it Woked!!!!!!!!!!!

HI

I just encountered the exact same problem after updating my iPad2 to OS6. Fortunately, I'd read this post - so it only took a few minutes to fix.

However, I'd love to know how the "smart guy called Martin" actually worked this solution out :-) (Source code access by any chance?)
    This nugget of info potentially saved me hours (or probably days?) trying to work out what was crashing my previously working app.

So - many thanks!

Cheers
    William

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sHAYM4N

Thanks, worked for me too! Make sure you delete your local copy of the provision and reimport when sending to the iDevice - did the trick

MSgt. Shooter Person

The solution did work for me too.
    I removed the lines using Notepad ++

However when I tried to distribute the game with testflight it gives errors.

Since we remove these lines by hand can we submit the application to appstore now?

Is there any other way of doing this setting other than manually remove it from mobileprovision file?
    Last edited by wijesijp; 10-19-2012 at 02:30 AM.

Iron Guard

How do you guys send out builds to testers then? The deleting of the lines will make it not work with Testflight nor iTunes!
    Also using a AdHoc profile has the same bug. Im really worrying now if I can submit anything and how long it will take epic to make a new UDK version with the fix.

Thanks a lot, it works!
    When I open *.mobileprovision with UltraEdit, it appears as a binary file, I thought I ran into a wrong place, and that two lines looks like should be in *.plist file. After I search all *.plist files and couldn't found that lines, I'm about to give out, but finally I figure it out It still exists in *.mobileprovision!
    I hope Epic release new version of UDK to support iOS6 and iPhone5 friendly as soon as possible.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I have the same issue.
    @Davision is right if we remove this strings - there will be a problem with testflight.
    Anybody can tell me how to figure this out?
    Idol IT Programmers Team

Iron Guard

This is really old and not valid any more - they fixed it properly in a UDK update a long time ago so this manual editing isn't necessary. If you're having issues make sure you generate an up to date provision and/or certificate etc and then re-register it with UDK.