MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Draw176

Default Onyx Medals in Judgement

I can't speak for everyone else, but some of the requirements for onyx medals in GoW 3 are ridiculously one sided for no reason. Lancer, hmmerburst, headshot, stomper, etc. only add up if playing versus matches. What in the world was the reasoning behind this? There are tons of players like myself who don't play much versus finding horde far more enjoyable. Therefore, many of the Onyx medals elude us. There are many medals that should also be capable of being earned in Horde. I simply have no interest in playing enough versus to earn 6,000 kills with all the main weapons, nor do I have the time. Why these medals can't be earned in horde mode makes absolutely no sense. I don't know whose brilliant idea this was, but for goodness sake, if Onyx medals return in Judgement Epic should really fix this.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AoW KingFenix PSN ID: AoWKingFenix

It was that high so the people who achieved showed how "dedicated" they are to get Seriously 3.0.

Boosted or not it takes time.

It's not for everyone as no one is forcing you to earn the Onyx Medals.

Agree they went a little overboard though. I like for the medals to be combined (Ex: 15,000 weapon kills total or something like that),
    Farewell Epic Forums. It was fun.
    Thank you Cher and CrypticAshes for the Savage Kantus code and Cher again for the SGE code!
    Thank you to COG Azure Skye for the Web Skin code! Thank you to ToRcHiiNgNerDz for the Anya code! Thank you Lycan for the Alex Brand code! Thank you to The Anya Bunni for the Team Metal code! Thank you to BlueDodger for the invite to the Reaper lobby!

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gnashes

Quote Originally Posted by LoD FENIX View Post
    It was that high so the people who achieved showed how "dedicated" they are to get Seriously 3.0.

Boosted or not it takes time.

It's not for everyone as no one is forcing you to earn the Onyx Medals.

Agree they went a little overboard though. I like for the medals to be combined (Ex: 15,000 weapon kills total or something like that),
    I'm thinking of trying to see if there's any chance we can get a list of Medals prior to launch, that way people who achieved 3.0 can give feedback if the Medals tie into the Seriously for Judgment if there is one.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AoW KingFenix PSN ID: AoWKingFenix

Quote Originally Posted by Gnashes View Post
    I'm thinking of trying to see if there's any chance we can get a list of Medals prior to launch, that way people who achieved 3.0 can give feedback if the Medals tie into the Seriously for Judgment if there is one.
    Good idea.

Would you try and get numbers needed for Onyx or just what the medals will be?
    Farewell Epic Forums. It was fun.
    Thank you Cher and CrypticAshes for the Savage Kantus code and Cher again for the SGE code!
    Thank you to COG Azure Skye for the Web Skin code! Thank you to ToRcHiiNgNerDz for the Anya code! Thank you Lycan for the Alex Brand code! Thank you to The Anya Bunni for the Team Metal code! Thank you to BlueDodger for the invite to the Reaper lobby!

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: themainman21

some of the medals do suck like the vengeful one and the skunker one too
    also the allotments of the increase in some of them make no sense whatsoever

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mr Technicolor

Seriously 3.0 is a console killer. I remember thinking the "7 Day Survivor" achievement in Dead Rising was silly.. Epic trumped that times a thousand.
    .. And his own story was as curious as his narrative ..

MSgt. Shooter Person

The Achievements in Gears 3 are ridiculous. I'd like to know that I have at least a chance to get all the achievements in a game and in Gears 3, that is just not possible. They are far too time consuming and most of them require you to have friends that play Xbox, which I don't.

The fact that people have to boost to get most of them shows how ridiculous they. Nobody will get Seriously 3.0 legitimately and if people just boost it, what's the point?

The fact that you make modes like Horde and Beast and then NOT have them count towards medals and unlocks, is stupid. I don't get it and I don't get why it was never patched. Playing Versus is at times a nightmare for people in the UK because of connection, so I like to play Horde. As long as it is on Normal or greater difficulty, I have no idea why Horde kills don't count towards medals and unlocks. ESPECIALLY when you allow people to boost in Casual bot mode versus... It just doesn't make any sense.

I know most Epic staff, probably live in this idealised California, where everybody has a high speed, elite internet connection and all their friends get together to play video games over Xbox Live every night but I don't. I live in depressing Northern England, where the internet connections are slower than the people who live here and don't work for a living and EVERY friend I know, would rather spend their nights going out to clubs and pubs and getting blind drunk, NOT playing Gears of War with me.

I know people have this daft sense that achievements should mean something and I well I agree in that they should require skill/commitment to unlock but they should also be fun to unlock. How is boosting in BOT mode any fun? I don't have 6000 kills PERIOD. Never mind having 6000 kills for every weapon.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Also, the fact that their are achievements tied to difficulty in modes like Beast and Horde, yet players can't select difficulty mode for public matches. Is absolutely ridiculous. Like I said, I don't have any friends that play video games, never mind play Gears.

I should just be able to join a Insane Beast lobby, rather than spend countless hours trying to gather together 5 people to do it with. I've seriously asked at least 200 people to 'message me for Insane Beast Savage Theron Unlock' and precisely one year later, I STILL haven't unlocked it.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gnashty NaS

Requirements certainly were overboard for a lot of medals. Although 6,000 kills is too many kills for a weapon in versus, it's not enough for a weapon through all game modes in my opinion. They really need to balance the medals if they return, by that I mean, it's completely illogical to require the same amount of kills with a heavy weapon as the medals do for versatile starting weapons.
    Thank you a ton oIGRIMREAPERIo for the opportunity to enter your tournament and win the COG Medallion and Adam Fenix code! Your generosity is touching!
    Thank you CHER for the Commando Dom code! The Generosity of some people...I love it. Thank you a TON III LYCAN III for Savage Kantus! I was afraid I would never get him back! And my Bro's Commando Dom!
    Thank you Big Water for my Baird Goggles! I just said I'd like them and you gave them to me! Amazing!
    Click here for the most in depth guide to being leader around!
    The COG formerly known as ser10.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Change the requirement so that it can be achieved. Like (for example) 10,000 Gnasher, 5,000 Total Matches, Campaign/Horde/Beast Insane, Under 5 mins Over-run time. In short, make the medals less specific but make the number larger.
    I want to thank Cher and Flak and all the mods and Admins for making these forums the greatest

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Anunaki 35

I Hope that they remove the medals from Gears, it bored me trying to get them. i dont like the amount of kills needed for an onyx medal for your guns either, i mean ok 200 kills is easy but 600-1200 for the gold and Onyx is too much.
    Favorite COG: Sam
    Favorite Locust: Savage Kantus LE
    Retro Lancer: Gold
    Lancer:Gold
    Hammerburst 3.0: Gold
    Gnasher: Gold
    Sawed off: Gold
    Gears 2 rank: \\★//
    Gears 3 rank: \\★//

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: THS iMantiiz

I like onyx medals but i think the requirements in GOWJ should be less than in GOW3

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Not Alexander PSN ID: Not_Alexander

I play A LOT of GoW3 and dont have half the medals. I dont care about onyx, but it would be nice if seriously was more "natural" to obtain.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sgt Paradox002

Quote Originally Posted by ser10 View Post
    Requirements certainly were overboard for a lot of medals. Although 6,000 kills is too many kills for a weapon in versus, it's not enough for a weapon through all game modes in my opinion. They really need to balance the medals if they return, by that I mean, it's completely illogical to require the same amount of kills with a heavy weapon as the medals do for versatile starting weapons.
    ^This the only way to get S3.0 in any timely fashion is to boost like crazy.
    Blood, Guts, and Glory it's Gears!
    Gave Epic the benefit of the doubt and enjoyed Judgment.
    Passionate Torque Bow hater! Even though I find it less annoying in Judgment.
    Gears of War 2:\\★//
    Gears of War 3:\\★//
    Gears Of War Judgment:9th RE-UP

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Richardson94 PSN ID: Devizen

I like the idea of having medals like Gears 3 but some of them were, in my opinion, stupid. Take the game modes for example - I've been playing Gears on and off with my friends since release day and we mostly only play TDM. I still only have around 2300 matches in TDM and the only other game mode we play is Guardian which is still below 500. When I saw the requirements for S3.0 I told myself it was achievable but after a few weeks I was like "nah, this isn't happening". I'd love to have all the medals but some of them, even the campaign ones, require too much time. I look at some of them and I think "What were they thinking?" with the requirements.

Seriously hope they're all achievable within at least a year.
    I gave 100 Paintball weapon skin codes out here -> http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...Cher-Approved)
    I make videos! Occasionally...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKyB...ature=youtu.be - Uploaded 8th March 2014.

It's been a fun ride. Thanks EPIC for creating the game we all love. Time to jump off and get a new train.

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GWC TrueCore

Quote Originally Posted by MWynn60 View Post
    I can't speak for everyone else, but some of the requirements for onyx medals in GoW 3 are ridiculously one sided for no reason. Lancer, hmmerburst, headshot, stomper, etc. only add up if playing versus matches. What in the world was the reasoning behind this? There are tons of players like myself who don't play much versus finding horde far more enjoyable. Therefore, many of the Onyx medals elude us. There are many medals that should also be capable of being earned in Horde. I simply have no interest in playing enough versus to earn 6,000 kills with all the main weapons, nor do I have the time. Why these medals can't be earned in horde mode makes absolutely no sense. I don't know whose brilliant idea this was, but for goodness sake, if Onyx medals return in Judgement Epic should really fix this.
    Achieving 6000 kills with Hammerbursts for example would be too easy in Horde. It's impossible to make only medals that are obtainable through all gametypes. But they should make it less specific like gain 20000 kills with starting weapons instead of 6000 with every weapon, so that you can play the game the way you like it. And they shouldn't be design to make boosting the only way to get them.

Thank you Epic for Gears of War!

Gears of War 1250/1250
    Gears of War 2 1750/1750
    Gears of War 3 2000/2000
    Gears of War Judgment 1500/1500

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TaMe HAVOK

There are Horde medals, Beast medals, Campaign medals and Versus medals. Each requiring you to play in a specific mode...I don't see a problem with this.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FA7ALtheGOD

Quote Originally Posted by Gnashes View Post
    Good idea. Someone from EPIC please compile a list of medals and requirements .. if there's no beta at least we'd have the option to discuss change about something.
    Be the change you want to see in the world. - Ghandi.