Results 1 to 29 of 29
  1. #1

    Default Major Rank Reset

    If this is not the correct forum, I don't know what is.

    So I got pointed here by a Microsoft representative, she told me this is my best chance of getting my problem solved.

    I would rather talk to a real person, and not a bunch of regular forum goers, but oh well. My account has been reset at least 60 levels (level 90 green to level 30). I've been reset a few times before, just lost one or two levels, but this is ridiculous, it's months of my time. If there's nothing that can be done, tell me now, but if users have got their ranks back before tell me. Because I would really love to have it back. I've been playing the gears series since 2006, I've seen the best and the worst by Epic, and right now I am very disappointed. If there is some number to call please tell me, all numbers I've found on epic they all say that MS deals with GOW support.

    Thank you,

    Al7bar.

  2. #2
    Boomshot

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Anvil Gate
    Posts
    2,559
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CHEEZMO619

    Default

    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=839290
    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    "I WOULD RATHER LIVE ONE DAY AS A WARRIOR THAN 100YRS AS A COWARD" THERE IS NO ANSWER FOR THE LANCER
    GANGSTER YOUTUBE EGFC member #187
    Big thanks to Karma Cop, III LYCAN III , tyrvas and MOMMA CHER
    Gears of War COG ammo box

    DropBox Referral

  3. #3

    Default

    Read through that thread before posting. I still have medals, ribbons, and a rank. I just lost a lot of levels, I also was just told by a Epic Rep. that Epic would replenish my levels as long as I lost them to a glitch. Right now I am pretty hopeful that a Epic worker will read this and help me out.

  4. #4
    Redeemer

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lowell Mass
    Posts
    1,586
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: BBH Rondeau04

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CHEEZMO619 View Post
    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=839290
    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    CHEEZMO you beat me to it. But yeah that is the way to go OP same as the link on my Sig
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Locust View Post
    People are hungry for codes, hungry. Food isn't worth anymore, code are. Give me some minutes, i'm going to eat my Classic hammy codes stock now, they taste like paper ;D

  5. #5
    Boomshot
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,165
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: D4u2s0t

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by al7bar View Post
    Read through that thread before posting. I still have medals, ribbons, and a rank. I just lost a lot of levels, I also was just told by a Epic Rep. that Epic would replenish my levels as long as I lost them to a glitch. Right now I am pretty hopeful that a Epic worker will read this and help me out.
    If the info in the link above doesn't work, nothing else you can do really. If you decide to continue to play, I would recommend keeping a current backup. I know most of the regular players on the forums make backups pretty regularly, I do one usually once a week, or after doing something that I don't want to do again. Unfortunate, happens to lots of people.

    If you played a match since your reset, the new info is now updated to the servers. If you have not played a match since your reset, there is info about how to possibly get it back.

  6. #6

    Default

    This is a little weird, I called Microsoft, they said call Warner, I called Warner they said contact Epic. Epic said contact Microsoft, is this all a joke?

  7. #7
    Redeemer

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lowell Mass
    Posts
    1,586
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: BBH Rondeau04

    Default

    I am sure it isn't I usually back up my data every week so that if it happens I don't loose a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Locust View Post
    People are hungry for codes, hungry. Food isn't worth anymore, code are. Give me some minutes, i'm going to eat my Classic hammy codes stock now, they taste like paper ;D

  8. #8

    Default

    I know, but the thing is no one knows anything. They all refer me to different people.

  9. #9
    Boomshot
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,165
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: D4u2s0t

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by al7bar View Post
    I know, but the thing is no one knows anything. They all refer me to different people.
    This is the right place for info. Do you know how to make a backup, so this doesn't happen again? At least you still have your medals and whatnot, some people literally lose everything.

  10. #10
    Palace Guard
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    3,387
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: lXl EVOLVE lXl

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by al7bar View Post
    I know, but the thing is no one knows anything. They all refer me to different people.
    There's not much that can be done since its data corruption. If you did not have a backup I don't think anything can be done. This is the first I've heard of only a level being reset and not any medals though. Your rank went to 1 but you still have all medals, ribbons and characters?

    Edit: I'm confused. You only got reset 60 levels? Something sounds a bit fishy here a reset is exactly that, a reset. Your data gets corrupted and you lose everything. Sounds weird that the game would have you at one level then drop you 60 levels. Anyone else fishy alarm buzzing?
    Last edited by DizzyRules; 08-28-2012 at 08:35 PM.
    Gamertag: lXl EVOLVE lXl
    Big thanks to Cher, CrypticAshes, Gears of Wario and NFI for the codes and your enormous generosity. THANK YOU!
    CLICK HERE! for information on how to create a backup. DO IT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!
    HUGE thanks to rondeau04 for the Cliff Bleszkinski & Mike Capps autographed Gears of War faceplate and all the sweet swag! YOU ARE AWESOME.
    “That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” - Christopher Hitchens

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyRules View Post
    There's not much that can be done since its data corruption. If you did not have a backup I don't think anything can be done. This is the first I've heard of only a level being reset and not any medals though. Your rank went to 1 but you still have all medals, ribbons and characters?

    Edit: I'm confused. You only got reset 60 levels? Something sounds a bit fishy here a reset is exactly that, a reset. Your data gets corrupted and you lose everything. Sounds weird that the game would have you at one level then drop you 60 levels. Anyone else fishy alarm buzzing?
    It did not go down to 1, like I stated before, it went down from 90. Please read the orginal post, thanks.

    My account has been reset at least 60 levels (level 90 green to level 30).

  12. #12
    Palace Guard
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    3,387
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: lXl EVOLVE lXl

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by al7bar View Post
    It did not go down to 1, like I stated before, it went down from 90. Please read the orginal post, thanks.
    I did which is why I added the edit. You went down 60 levels, I get that, its confusing. Normal resets occur because the player data file gets corrupted. You would lose everything in a reset, being dropped down 60 levels is weird, thats what I'm saying. Out of curiosity, what's your gamertag?
    Gamertag: lXl EVOLVE lXl
    Big thanks to Cher, CrypticAshes, Gears of Wario and NFI for the codes and your enormous generosity. THANK YOU!
    CLICK HERE! for information on how to create a backup. DO IT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!
    HUGE thanks to rondeau04 for the Cliff Bleszkinski & Mike Capps autographed Gears of War faceplate and all the sweet swag! YOU ARE AWESOME.
    “That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” - Christopher Hitchens

  13. #13
    Redeemer

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lowell Mass
    Posts
    1,586
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: BBH Rondeau04

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyRules View Post
    I did which is why I added the edit. You went down 60 levels, I get that, its confusing. Normal resets occur because the player data file gets corrupted. You would lose everything in a reset, being dropped down 60 levels is weird, thats what I'm saying. Out of curiosity, what's your gamertag?
    Could be still just a back up issue. Let me know if you find anything weird. I have never seen it go down just in levels before either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Locust View Post
    People are hungry for codes, hungry. Food isn't worth anymore, code are. Give me some minutes, i'm going to eat my Classic hammy codes stock now, they taste like paper ;D

  14. #14
    Palace Guard
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    3,387
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: lXl EVOLVE lXl

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rondeau04 View Post
    Could be still just a back up issue. Let me know if you find anything weird. I have never seen it go down just in levels before either.
    I asked for the guys gamertag and he got offline :/ ?
    Gamertag: lXl EVOLVE lXl
    Big thanks to Cher, CrypticAshes, Gears of Wario and NFI for the codes and your enormous generosity. THANK YOU!
    CLICK HERE! for information on how to create a backup. DO IT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!
    HUGE thanks to rondeau04 for the Cliff Bleszkinski & Mike Capps autographed Gears of War faceplate and all the sweet swag! YOU ARE AWESOME.
    “That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” - Christopher Hitchens

  15. #15
    Boomshot
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,165
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: D4u2s0t

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyRules View Post
    I asked for the guys gamertag and he got offline :/ ?
    if his gt is same as username, it shows he has never played gears, like a full reset.

  16. #16
    Palace Guard
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    3,387
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: lXl EVOLVE lXl

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D4u2s0t View Post
    if his gt is same as username, it shows he has never played gears, like a full reset.
    It will still show you've played gears even though you've been reset. Your progress towards medals, your ribbons, your rank, characters and weapon skins will be reset as well. All achievements earned prior to the reset will be intact. Not sure what you're saying here...
    Gamertag: lXl EVOLVE lXl
    Big thanks to Cher, CrypticAshes, Gears of Wario and NFI for the codes and your enormous generosity. THANK YOU!
    CLICK HERE! for information on how to create a backup. DO IT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!
    HUGE thanks to rondeau04 for the Cliff Bleszkinski & Mike Capps autographed Gears of War faceplate and all the sweet swag! YOU ARE AWESOME.
    “That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” - Christopher Hitchens

  17. #17
    Redeemer

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    EGFC NL Dept.
    Posts
    1,917
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: FlexForce

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by al7bar View Post
    I would rather talk to a real person, and not a bunch of regular forum goers
    Love it, I would put this is in my sig if there was space.

    anyhow, technically it is not a reset, since he didn't go back to the starting state. It sounds more like he restored a backup. maybe multiple saves? (cloud, USB, HD)
    Proud Member of the Epic Games Forum Clan

    Quote Originally Posted by lll VIKING lll
    we are the EGFC and we ****ing Rock, and those who dont like it can KISS MY ASS

  18. #18
    Palace Guard
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    3,387
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: lXl EVOLVE lXl

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlexyAndIKnowIt View Post
    Love it, I would put this is in my sig if there was space.

    anyhow, technically it is not a reset, since he didn't go back to the starting state. It sounds more like he restored a backup. maybe multiple saves? (cloud, USB, HD)
    What's weird is he claims he has been reset before only losing a couple of levels here and there. Now he got reset 60 levels. That's why I'm confused, who gets reset to a specific amount of levels. I've been reset 3 times (had a backup each time) and every time I've been reset my progress is wiped clean. Just sounds weird to me.
    Gamertag: lXl EVOLVE lXl
    Big thanks to Cher, CrypticAshes, Gears of Wario and NFI for the codes and your enormous generosity. THANK YOU!
    CLICK HERE! for information on how to create a backup. DO IT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!
    HUGE thanks to rondeau04 for the Cliff Bleszkinski & Mike Capps autographed Gears of War faceplate and all the sweet swag! YOU ARE AWESOME.
    “That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” - Christopher Hitchens

  19. #19
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the UK, with a lancer, on a vespa!!
    Posts
    121
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Sgt SCooTERBoY

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by al7bar View Post
    If this is not the correct forum, I don't know what is.

    So I got pointed here by a Microsoft representative, she told me this is my best chance of getting my problem solved.

    I would rather talk to a real person, and not a bunch of regular forum goers, but oh well. My account has been reset at least 60 levels (level 90 green to level 30). I've been reset a few times before, just lost one or two levels, but this is ridiculous, it's months of my time. If there's nothing that can be done, tell me now, but if users have got their ranks back before tell me. Because I would really love to have it back. I've been playing the gears series since 2006, I've seen the best and the worst by Epic, and right now I am very disappointed. If there is some number to call please tell me, all numbers I've found on epic they all say that MS deals with GOW support.

    Thank you,

    Al7bar.
    FROM THE MICROSOFT WEBSITE (you are doomed like many before you!!)

    Where’d my rank and stats go?
    In rare cases, players’ multiplayer rank, medals, or stats may be reset in Gears of War 3. There is no single cause for this problem – it may be caused by connectivity issues, corrupt data, or disciplinary action for violating community standards.

    There are some things you as a player can do to minimize the risk of losing your online stats:

    •Ensure your game is up to date before playing by connecting to Xbox LIVE and applying any updates you are prompted to download. (See Game or app update required to find out more about updating your games.)
    •Ensure you have a consistent and reliable connection to Xbox LIVE.
    •Ensure you are following the Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct.
    If your rank, stats, or medals have been reset, you will need to play the game to get them back. Unfortunately, neither Microsoft nor Epic Games can change your online information.
    23/11/10 07.06am (gmt) - Gears 2 - \*/ 1750g

    Working on GoW 3...................slowly

  20. #20

    Default

    Okay maybe I wasn't clear enough, let's try again. First, I lost both levels and medals, just not a complete reset. Second, all I want is insight I know all of cannot do anything but provide me information, which I am kindly asking for. No Al7bar is not my GT, it's my old one from GOW 1. So, someone please inform me if it's possible to get my levels back. I don't care for anything else, just the levels. My gamer tag is irrelevant to all non-epic employee, as I am just asking for insight. I appreciate your concern.

  21. #21
    Palace Guard
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    3,387
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: lXl EVOLVE lXl

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by al7bar View Post
    Okay maybe I wasn't clear enough, let's try again. First, I lost both levels and medals, just not a complete reset. Second, all I want is insight I know all of cannot do anything but provide me information, which I am kindly asking for. No Al7bar is not my GT, it's my old one from GOW 1. So, someone please inform me if it's possible to get my levels back. I don't care for anything else, just the levels. My gamer tag is irrelevant to all non-epic employee, as I am just asking for insight. I appreciate your concern.
    If you've been reset and have no backup you cannot get your stuff back. The reason why is because a reset involves a corrupt file. There is no fix for it except for preemptive measures. If you want to talk to an administrator you can send a PM with your GT to Flak here:

    http://forums.epicgames.com/members/60-Flak

    If you go into your storage on the hard drive you have gears saved to does it show a yellow exclamation point next to your player data? That's where your files been corrupted. Resets typically happen because your console shuts off during the saving process. What I find interesting about your issue is you say its not a complete reset. You only lost 60 levels and some medals? So your data was not completely corrupt from the sounds of it. Like I mentioned to someone else, I've been reset 3 times, all times I've had a backup and every time I was reset I lost all progress towards medals, characters, weapon skins, rank went to 1. That's a reset. Losing some of your stuff but not all doesn't sound like a reset, it sounds like a glitch.
    Last edited by DizzyRules; 08-29-2012 at 03:47 PM.
    Gamertag: lXl EVOLVE lXl
    Big thanks to Cher, CrypticAshes, Gears of Wario and NFI for the codes and your enormous generosity. THANK YOU!
    CLICK HERE! for information on how to create a backup. DO IT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!
    HUGE thanks to rondeau04 for the Cliff Bleszkinski & Mike Capps autographed Gears of War faceplate and all the sweet swag! YOU ARE AWESOME.
    “That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” - Christopher Hitchens

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyRules View Post
    If you've been reset and have no backup you cannot get your stuff back. The reason why is because a reset involves a corrupt file. There is no fix for it except for preemptive measures. If you want to talk to an administrator you can send a PM with your GT to Flak here:

    http://forums.epicgames.com/members/60-Flak

    If you go into your storage on the hard drive you have gears saved to does it show a yellow exclamation point next to your player data? That's where your files been corrupted. Resets typically happen because your console shuts off during the saving process. What I find interesting about your issue is you say its not a complete reset. You only lost 60 levels and some medals? So your data was not completely corrupt from the sounds of it. Like I mentioned to someone else, I've been reset 3 times, all times I've had a backup and every time I was reset I lost all progress towards medals, characters, weapon skins, rank went to 1. That's a reset. Losing some of your stuff but not all doesn't sound like a reset, it sounds like a glitch.
    Okay thank you, yes I've only lost about 60 levels and all of the medals to go along with those. There is no explanation mark or corrupted data.

  23. #23
    Palace Guard
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    3,387
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: lXl EVOLVE lXl

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by al7bar View Post
    Okay thank you, yes I've only lost about 60 levels and all of the medals to go along with those. There is no explanation mark or corrupted data.
    It would have to be a glitch then, resets are caused by corrupted data. Seriously odd, has me baffled. :/

    All times I've been reset the player data file had an exclamation point next to it and it was yellow.
    Idk, sorry I couldn't be more help. Sounds like a glitch.
    Gamertag: lXl EVOLVE lXl
    Big thanks to Cher, CrypticAshes, Gears of Wario and NFI for the codes and your enormous generosity. THANK YOU!
    CLICK HERE! for information on how to create a backup. DO IT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!
    HUGE thanks to rondeau04 for the Cliff Bleszkinski & Mike Capps autographed Gears of War faceplate and all the sweet swag! YOU ARE AWESOME.
    “That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” - Christopher Hitchens

  24. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyRules View Post
    It would have to be a glitch then, resets are caused by corrupted data. Seriously odd, has me baffled. :/

    All times I've been reset the player data file had an exclamation point next to it and it was yellow.
    Idk, sorry I couldn't be more help. Sounds like a glitch.
    Not a problem, I PMed the admin you refereed me to.

  25. #25

    Default

    Today my xbox locked up while loading blood drive. everything but achie/collectibles is gone. i'm lvl 1 again i lost 2400 tdm matches about 200 hours of horde and countless hours of grind. called microsoft they can't do anything. i can't find the motivation to play again. this is a deal breaker for me. apparently its a known issue but its my first time here. GG Epic

  26. #26
    Palace Guard
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    3,387
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: lXl EVOLVE lXl

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldguy View Post
    Today my xbox locked up while loading blood drive. everything but achie/collectibles is gone. i'm lvl 1 again i lost 2400 tdm matches about 200 hours of horde and countless hours of grind. called microsoft they can't do anything. i can't find the motivation to play again. this is a deal breaker for me. apparently its a known issue but its my first time here. GG Epic
    Like I said to the OP, its a corrupted file. It also happens in other games, its not Gears or Epic exclusive. Sucks to be reset :/
    Gamertag: lXl EVOLVE lXl
    Big thanks to Cher, CrypticAshes, Gears of Wario and NFI for the codes and your enormous generosity. THANK YOU!
    CLICK HERE! for information on how to create a backup. DO IT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!
    HUGE thanks to rondeau04 for the Cliff Bleszkinski & Mike Capps autographed Gears of War faceplate and all the sweet swag! YOU ARE AWESOME.
    “That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” - Christopher Hitchens

  27. #27

    Default

    I know your feeling, one of Epics worst feature is their support - there is none. You cannot talk to someone, you can only leave voicemails and they don't respond. They don't respond to Emails and they don't give accurate information. I had a representative once tell me that Microsoft manages the dedicated servers.... I really should work for Epic.

  28. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyRules View Post
    Like I said to the OP, its a corrupted file. It also happens in other games, its not Gears or Epic exclusive. Sucks to be reset :/
    this has actually never happened in any other games and i've been using my xbox a LOT since 2007. its unthinkable that an online game where you have to work insanely hard to achieve seriously 3.0 would have no back up with the company that made it. And no unless you came here first you would not know about this issue.

  29. #29
    Palace Guard
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    3,387
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: lXl EVOLVE lXl

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldguy View Post
    this has actually never happened in any other games and i've been using my xbox a LOT since 2007. its unthinkable that an online game where you have to work insanely hard to achieve seriously 3.0 would have no back up with the company that made it. And no unless you came here first you would not know about this issue.
    It has happened in other games, you were just fortunate enough not to have it happen to you. If the game freezes up and you shut off your console suing a saving point you're at risk of a reset. It's similar to a corrupt file on a computer. Sometimes this stuff happens, but its not something that Epic or Microsoft can control.
    Gamertag: lXl EVOLVE lXl
    Big thanks to Cher, CrypticAshes, Gears of Wario and NFI for the codes and your enormous generosity. THANK YOU!
    CLICK HERE! for information on how to create a backup. DO IT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!
    HUGE thanks to rondeau04 for the Cliff Bleszkinski & Mike Capps autographed Gears of War faceplate and all the sweet swag! YOU ARE AWESOME.
    “That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” - Christopher Hitchens


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •